Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S8 - Kevin is back

gospvg

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

If you have another device that can run Fortnite - a switch, an android phone or tablet for example - you can set up an alt account on that, then use the creative island codes for the featured maps to do those challenges in private games, just killing your alt account over and over.

I still can’t be arsed to do them either, mind! I’d rather use my gaming time to have fun.

It’s a good feeling when you realise you’re running towards fights more often than from them!

Yeah I'm not into grinding. I always finish the game when I'm doing the challenges, no matter how poor my loadout is. Some of my most satisfying victories have come that way. 

yeah I always complete a game even if I am challenge "grinding" and it is always rewarding and it makes me choose different landing points and progress and learn different strategies in terms of various areas.

I had a 1 kill victory royale when I was challenge grinding. I dropped next to a saucer and used it to zip around the map doing challenges and hoovering up XP. When finished I was way outside the circle but I still tromped over to the circle and healed with not v good weapons and then hung about a bit seeing what was going on eventually made it 3 left and I saw the two fighting and I just watched then shot the winner... cheap win I know but still satisfying and have had it happen to me plenty and I've had grindy 10+ kill wins as well :D

On 03/07/2021 at 17:13, Pistol said:

I still can’t be arsed to do them either, mind! I’d rather use my gaming time to have fun.

Somewhat predictably, I caved and ground the summer challenges out. Even the last couple I couldn’t really be arsed with - convinced myself I didn’t want two extra styles for the surfboard glider, but it would’ve bugged me if I hadn’t got them.

I am weak for collectibles.

(Still can’t be bothered to unlock anything from the battle pass bar the vbucks though; I’ll just splurge when I hit level 100!)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm only playing this once a week usually Saturday mornings to complete the weekly challenges. Managed to get my first solo win this morning.

Got my third Solo win last night, was quite pleased as I wasn’t really playing to win but was trying to do some challenges. What I think I really like about this game is that you can absolutely win by being a bit cleverer than the other player - use cover, build, right gun for the range etc. I used to play BF4 a lot and I used to get absolutely minced but the pace of this seems to suit me quite well. 

AE2D50C2-7C0A-43EA-B568-B6D95ECEE2B7.jpeg

@Pistol Cheers for the game last night, sorry I didn’t have time to stick around for long. My first Duos game! Thanks for throwing shield potions at me, rebooting me and generally carrying me as far as you could 🤣 I couldn’t quite crawl out of the storm at the end…

1 hour ago, lankysanchez said:

@Pistol Cheers for the game last night, sorry I didn’t have time to stick around for long. My first Duos game! Thanks for throwing shield potions at me, rebooting me and generally carrying me as far as you could 🤣 I couldn’t quite crawl out of the storm at the end…

No worries! I can only apologise for the dire state of my hotel internet connection - it was barely playable, so much lag I could hardly aim! All things considered a second place finish was amazing :lol:

This game. 

So earlier I came over the top of a hill to see a 3-way shootout going on near a shack. None of them seemed to notice me so I waded in and took all three out 😈

A bit later it was down to the last 2 and the other player was in a UFO taking potshots at me from the storm. He made the mistake of coming in and grabbing me with the tractor beam, so I shot him out of the cockpit for the win. 

Not the most flattering Victory Royale screenshot 😂

D99F89F1-896D-4689-9E60-CD3409DCFAD5.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve finished for the season, got enough battle stars to unlock Toxic Rick and completed enough quests to unlock black cape for Superman.

I’ve probably enjoyed this season more because I have been playing the game less only at weekends and not almost exclusive like last season. Some highlights 

5 hours ago, Pistol said:

I play more than is healthy for me but I’m on holiday at the moment!

Remote play!? ;)

Ive hit level 100 in the last couple of days, got a dub on my second solo on ps5 - I really can’t get on with the pad for this but the last guy made it easy for me…

I’m still playing most evenings, about level 140 in the battle pass but doubt I’ll manage to get to 200. Those prism skins tho. 

Mostly on Switch but the Ps5 and Series X versions sure do look nice if I can get at the big telly. 

2 hours ago, lankysanchez said:

I’m still playing most evenings, about level 140 in the battle pass but doubt I’ll manage to get to 200. Those prism skins tho. 

Mostly on Switch but the Ps5 and Series X versions sure do look nice if I can get at the big telly. 

Agree the prism skins do look nice but I can’t give the time to the grind, happy with getting Toxic Rick from the bonus rewards.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

I was level 162 before going away; just got set up to AFK Creative mode for more levels without actually doing anything. 200 should be achievable that way!

How do you do that?

I'm really tempted to buy master chief.

This season is the first time I’ve sat and played Fortnite, bought the battle pass along with my kids as a way to hang out over the summer. I’ve really enjoyed it. I can use my old school FPS skills and enjoy the fire fights a lot. I can’t build for shit so when I come up against a really good vertical builder I usually come off worse. But a handy jar of fireflies helps take em down! I’ve loads of wins in solo, duo, trio and squads so happy with that. I did find the quests addictive, I’m level 190ffs! Tempted not to get next seasons battle pass tho as I’m afraid I’ve nearly burnt myself out. 

I might just do the kids quests when they are in school. Just helping like! 

3 hours ago, fattakin said:

This season is the first time I’ve sat and played Fortnite, bought the battle pass along with my kids as a way to hang out over the summer. I’ve really enjoyed it. I can use my old school FPS skills and enjoy the fire fights a lot. I can’t build for shit so when I come up against a really good vertical builder I usually come off worse. But a handy jar of fireflies helps take em down! I’ve loads of wins in solo, duo, trio and squads so happy with that. I did find the quests addictive, I’m level 190ffs! Tempted not to get next seasons battle pass tho as I’m afraid I’ve nearly burnt myself out. 

I might just do the kids quests when they are in school. Just helping like! 

I have played for three seasons now and first seaon like you fully invested but now I just play at weekends up to level 100 to complete the battle pass after that I only play if my daughter asks.

11 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Anyone having a last blast tonight before the end of the season event tomorrow?

Thought tonight was the last night was going to be on but gonna hold off and play tomorrow evening instead - nursing a hangover so pleased in a way!!!

• gospvg changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S8 - Tomorrow 10am.
  • gospvg changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S8 - Kevin is back