Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S8 - Kevin is back

gospvg

• 3 weeks later...

Had a bit of a dry spell solo wins wise, then got a dub on my first game last night, and another on a quick lunch break go today!

Haven’t seen anyone on late for a while; anyone fancy a regular night for forum Fortnite fun?

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Had a bit of a dry spell solo wins wise, then got a dub on my first game last night, and another on a quick lunch break go today!

Haven’t seen anyone on late for a while; anyone fancy a regular night for forum Fortnite fun?

I’ll be back mate, have been ill for a while and now on holiday - temp issue with broadband as suddenly moving next week but after than I’ll bloody well need a late night session!!!

15 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I’ll be back mate, have been ill for a while and now on holiday - temp issue with broadband as suddenly moving next week but after than I’ll bloody well need a late night session!!!

Nothing too serious I hope!

Look forward to settling everything on fire again soon then 😁

27 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Nothing too serious I hope!

Look forward to settling everything on fire again soon then 😁

Woooo fire!!!!

Has much changed?

As for illness just the worst cold ever that won’t fuck off - been three weeks now and still not fully over it, on holiday and Tuesday was a write off - utter madness!

Is it still mega late you guys are playing?

I've just hit 91 and have a feeling that I won't go past 100 much this season despite playing every night at the moment, as there's not enough content i care about.

That said I may be trying for the other Unicorn colour because it amuses me. 

I've seen a few Crystal School Girl skins already this season, so people must be ploughing through it as usual, so fair play to them.

Wonder if well get some free content for Halloween this year? I stupidly bought one of the old Halloween skins last night and wish I had waited, as they've brought back the Pumpkin skins today :(

17 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

Is it still mega late you guys are playing?

I've just hit 91 and have a feeling that I won't go past 100 much this season despite playing every night at the moment, as there's not enough content i care about.

That said I may be trying for the other Unicorn colour because it amuses me. 

I've seen a few Crystal School Girl skins already this season, so people must be ploughing through it as usual, so fair play to them.

Wonder if well get some free content for Halloween this year? I stupidly bought one of the old Halloween skins last night and wish I had waited, as they've brought back the Pumpkin skins today :(

Yeah I’m never on before about 11:30.

The fancy styles are actually unlockable early this time around, due to a mistake; seems the game counts unlocking extra Toona fish colour options as progress towards them, so if you focus on those, you can actually start getting the level 200 styles before you even hit 100.

I’m sure there will be free Fortnitemares stuff, some of the new Halloween skins look pretty cool too! Frankenstein’s monster!

I've just been pissing about attempting challenges while my XP is supercharged. The one to flip an overturned car is utter bullshit and took me far too many attempts. Those vehicles are designed to always land right side up.

3 hours ago, shirubagan said:

I've just been pissing about attempting challenges while my XP is supercharged. The one to flip an overturned car is utter bullshit and took me far too many attempts. Those vehicles are designed to always land right side up.

Stairs into a box.

Ease off the gas as you hit the lip.

Car tips over, jump out and flip it!

Such an easy way of doing it so it’s a nice repeatable. 

19 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Woooo fire!!!!

Has much changed?

As for illness just the worst cold ever that won’t fuck off - been three weeks now and still not fully over it, on holiday and Tuesday was a write off - utter madness!

There’s cubes all over the place; Venom and Carnage mythic items that are a bit OP and have some players up in arms; shockwave launchers are back; XP’s all over the shop.

I've not really got going this season as I haven't had time to play. I'm level 26 so far. 

The Frankenstein's Monster skin is brilliant though, especially the black and white with film grain version. I'm such a sucker for this shit.

New update today, nothing drastic it seems. I was hoping they were going to nerf the Cube Assassin; I’ve been trying to eliminate her to get the last couple of Toona Fish styles, and it’s a massive pain in the ass - even worse than Raz at the height of his irritance. First off, you need a hell of a lot of ammo for the sideways anomalies. Second there’s no guarantee an anomaly will have the Assassin appear. When she does, there’s a bloody timer so you have to defeat her before that runs out, whilst simultaneously fighting off the cube bastards, the IO guard who appears for some fucking reason, and bots and players who can’t resist third partying you <_<

48 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Was with you up to this then started laughing as my kids complain about it far too much and I tell them it’s part of the game :lol:

Oh, I’ve no problem with third partying in general - the problem lies with the challenge itself, not other players.

And I’m right with you regarding the kids’ attitudes - when mine were playing, all you ever heard was “you stole my kill!” “THIRD PARTIER!!” “He’s a hacker!”

26 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

I'm up for trying to take down the Cube Ass one night if we fancy arranging a MUK team-up!

Oh hell yes. So frustrating trying to do it solo.

31 minutes ago, Pistol said:

And I’m right with you regarding the kids’ attitudes - when mine were playing, all you ever heard was “you stole my kill!” “THIRD PARTIER!!” “He’s a hacker!”

I gathered them around and explained it’s how I played Halo free for all back in the mists of time.

I can appreciate the annoyance when doing challenges though, like that one the other week with the chests at steel farm. Wankers.

12 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

@Pistol fancy a stab at the Cube Bitch this evening?

I'll have no mic but up for the challenge regardless!

Thanks for the help last night, can’t believe we didn’t manage it - came so close on so many occasions!! The time just kept running out when she was on the verge of going down :(

Think I might have annoyed someone.  Walked into Cube Lady when she was already under attack from another player. I finished her off 😂 Was attempting a different challenge at the time. 

Got a couple of wins too, the second one was a fun game of hide and seek at the shark. 

Struggled to get into this season but it's starting to click. 

11 hours ago, Pistol said:

Thanks for the help last night, can’t believe we didn’t manage it - came so close on so many occasions!! The time just kept running out when she was on the verge of going down :(

Yeah sorry I had to dash. I had work in four hours. 

We'll have another shot this week if you want?