IGNORED

Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S2 Resistance

Pistol

5 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

Yeah sorry I had to dash. I had work in four hours. 

We'll have another shot this week if you want? 

Holy crap, that’s some commitment! I thought I was pushing it, with the kids to get up to in the morning :lol:

Yeah reckon another session might just crack it…

Bizarrely, I somehow beat her last night, in a solo game of all things; did an anomaly just for the heck of it, Cube Lady showed up, and for some reason after I’d unloaded a couple of clips from my blue SMG into her back bling it said I’d knocked her?! Then the anomaly ended and I got the award for eliminating her….

Very strange as every other time I’ve tried it she’s soaked up a ridiculous amount of bullets from a variety of weapons, without going down.

Level 71 at the moment plodding along slowly getting quite a few wins on Solo or Duo/Trio with daughter and Nephew. Don't like the recoil on the new combat rifle. Love the automatic sniper rifle.

This is one of my Solo Wins

18 hours ago, Pistol said:

Bizarrely, I somehow beat her last night, in a solo game of all things; did an anomaly just for the heck of it, Cube Lady showed up, and for some reason after I’d unloaded a couple of clips from my blue SMG into her back bling it said I’d knocked her?! Then the anomaly ended and I got the award for eliminating her….

Very strange as every other time I’ve tried it she’s soaked up a ridiculous amount of bullets from a variety of weapons, without going down.

That's her done for me too. 

A clip of Ammo into her for her Shield Off then two close range Shotgun blasts took care of her. 

Almost feels like they've given her a Nerf or she scales in difficulty depending on the size of your party. 

Done now so just the locked character and the fishing left for me to do. 

Nice, hopefully this year’s Fortnitemares is fun without spoiling the core modes! Some of the Halloween cosmetics look really good - there’s a new Ariana Grande one which has an alternate style that is really good, and a spooky pig that I must have.

In other news, I’m on a work trip and Fortnite via GeForce Now on hotel WiFi actually worked really well last night, to the point that I got a solo win! Saw off the third place guy, then my remaining opponent decided it would be a good idea to box himself up with the reinforced walls. This was not a good idea, as I had a rocket launcher. Just waited for him to have to break down his own wall then unleashed rocket hell on him :D

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone playing the Horde Rush mode? I’d left it alone while Fortnitemares was on, concentrating on getting those quests done, and have got stuck into it now.

It’s good fun, frenetic as hell and ammo management is critical. Have managed three victories now! Feels good when the big guy goes down, though I’m usually out of the picture by that point 😅 (having done my bit hurting the boss enough, but forgetting to heal, or to get out of the way of the swarm lol)

9 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I'm still chipping away at this. Only level thirty but I want the unicorn skin so much. Are there any tricks for mad xp?

Over the weekend you get supercharged xp, try to do as many events as posssible. I completed both of the new punchcards today and some daily/weekly missions and went up 9 levels!

Yes, concentrate on the daily and weekly punchcards, the XP will soon stack up. The character punchcards are all party assist too I think, so if you can play in a group you all get XP whenever someone does a task. I went up about 10 levels in my Thursday night game with our group. I’m onto the gold tier bonus unlocks now. 

If you have one, the Switch version of the game isn’t great for playing seriously but perfect for loafing on the sofa and churning for XP while the wife watches Strictly. 

1 hour ago, lankysanchez said:

If you have one, the Switch version of the game isn’t great for playing seriously but perfect for loafing on the sofa and churning for XP while the wife watches Strictly. 

Creative AFK is your friend here, when I’m looking to finish off a battle pass and working from home I leave the Switch running for two sessions a day - at least two levels a day for doing nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Bloomin heck lads, I’m gonna struggle to hit 100 but a final push should see me there - only 50/60 at the moment!

There were a couple of XP weekends and will all the punch cards and daily weekly quests you can get 8 to 10 levels pretty quickly. I think I ended on 151.

You can get the new Naruto glider for free if you do some challenges. You have to register for them first, here: https://thenindo.fortnite.com/en/

There are going to be five days of challenges. the first day has already been and gone. You only have to do one days challenges to get the glider. The challenges are pretty hard for those of us with limited play time; yesterday’s was to get 35 eliminations. Not too hard if you can play for as long as you like, but by the time I got on there was no way I was going to have a chance.

Today’s challenge is to get 100 points… You get one point for every 100 damage you do to an opponent. That means 100,000 damage total - or 100 eliminations (with no shield), 50 eliminations (full shield) so likely anywhere between the two in total. Which again, is gonna be a massive pain in the arse if you can’t play till late.

However, it turns out that IO guards count as opponents. If you land at the redacted bunker near catty, you can take out the two IO guards there (I don’t think that bitch Slone counts) then rinse and repeat. Each IO guard has a ton of shield and health, so you’ll progress through the challenge quite quickly this way.

51 minutes ago, Pistol said:

You can get the new Naruto glider for free if you do some challenges. You have to register for them first, here: https://thenindo.fortnite.com/en/

There are going to be five days of challenges. the first day has already been and gone. You only have to do one days challenges to get the glider. The challenges are pretty hard for those of us with limited play time; yesterday’s was to get 35 eliminations. Not too hard if you can play for as long as you like, but by the time I got on there was no way I was going to have a chance.

Today’s challenge is to get 100 points… You get one point for every 100 damage you do to an opponent. That means 100,000 damage total - or 100 eliminations (with no shield), 50 eliminations (full shield) so likely anywhere between the two in total. Which again, is gonna be a massive pain in the arse if you can’t play till late.

However, it turns out that IO guards count as opponents. If you land at the redacted bunker near catty, you can take out the two IO guards there (I don’t think that bitch Slone counts) then rinse and repeat. Each IO guard has a ton of shield and health, so you’ll progress through the challenge quite quickly this way.

Shirley that’s just one solo dub……😎

• Pistol changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S2 Resistance