IGNORED

Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S3 We vibin’ boys

Pistol

I really dont like this without the building, glad it will go soon but this is worse that the robot season for me so far :( I do tend to whine about major change but i found the whole experience underwhelming, if I want to play a normal shooter there are many games with better gun play - Fortnite is building even if you’re not good at it allows ways to win with fire and knocking people down etc.

On 27/03/2022 at 14:49, Shimmyhill said:

I really dont like this without the building, glad it will go soon but this is worse that the robot season for me so far :( I do tend to whine about major change but i found the whole experience underwhelming, if I want to play a normal shooter there are many games with better gun play - Fortnite is building even if you’re not good at it allows ways to win with fire and knocking people down etc.

Couldn't agree less to be honest. The speed and gunplay in this is surprising great. Me and some friends have started playing due to Warzone being an absolute mess and the fact there are zero build modes, and it is just great fun. Easy to surround people without them having the option to just build, and likewise the same can happen to you if not careful.

Positional advantage in this, is just fantastic, and you have to be careful every step you make. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just had an epic win! Duos game with my son, he got downed quite early and I had to leave him in the storm. Decided to run and gun it from then on and see how far I got. Much abuse of the tactical sprint. 

Towards the end I picked up a purple drum shotgun which just chewed through other players. Ended up with about 8 eliminations and I picked up a crown near the end too. Last fight was 2 on 1 as well. 

My son was spectating and said at the end that I was ‘well sweaty’ which I believe is a compliment 🤣

F10E5D12-3C31-4DF4-A4E8-15FE26FACBC2.png

Love it, the best kind of wins are those where the odds are against you but you pull it off! The lack of pressure that comes with the “ah to hell with it” attitude helps loads!

Got my first solo win of the season the other night while I was just doing challenges, minced a fair few bots then faced down some actual humans at the end. Won a good fight, then someone decided to rush me which ended badly for him - I had no idea he was the last guy, was amazed when the VR popped up!

Kind of similarly won a solo duos match last night, whilst using a not-quite-bot account to get easier lobbies whilst cheesing the second day of the (incredibly frustrating) lantern trials. Last two opponents were 1. a bot and 2. a bush camper so it didn’t really feel earned, but still nice.

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I had no idea he was the last guy, was amazed when the VR popped up!

I had a solo win like this the other day, I thought there were about 5 players still in it, then a Foundation comes wandering over the hill taking pot shots at me. I wasn’t expecting the VR banner to pop up at that point!

Got a duos win yesterday, not that unusual I hear you cry but towards the end game we are in a battle and the door bell goes - no worries as I’m expecting a delivery, i can be back in 30 secs so I go AFK and my pal defends my honour…. Its not the post, its the housing estate site manager following up a complaint and asking questions… this goes on forever and I run upstairs expecting to be dead or about to be told of an amazing win with me a mere spectator!! Im alive, not in the storm - you can see when I pick up my pad…

Pr0 gamer y0! What luck that the storm circle was on me and my pal ran distraction taking the fight elsewhere only for me to be tagged in at the end!

Finally, got the damn lantern after doing way too many games of "Squads" Solo.

Had a couple of decent second places too. 

Managed to catch a squad bush camping with some well-placed firefly jars and then slide into the fire myself trying to out run their last guy, it was fucking insane but was happy with the second place. 

Does anyone know how to stop the PS5 capturing the game chat in its videos my friend wants to share her videos, but some language in the game chat isn't for little ears lol

We've had a look in different options, but no joy. 

1 hour ago, Arn X Treme said:

Don’t get me started on those frigging challenges 😡

I’d done one of them - the 10k damage to opponents one, by abusing IO guards and Slone. Got to 9 out of 10 points on the survive storm circles one. Forever pissed at them now.

They need to keep challenges achievable for people with less play time. Bastards.

4 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

Had a couple of decent second places too. 

Managed to catch a squad bush camping with some well-placed firefly jars and then slide into the fire myself trying to out run their last guy, it was fucking insane but was happy with the second place. 

Does anyone know how to stop the PS5 capturing the game chat in its videos my friend wants to share her videos, but some language in the game chat isn't for little ears lol

We've had a look in different options, but no joy. 

On PS5 it’s capture button -> capture settings  -> include voice audio capture or something like that. 

I’ve given up on the Lantern quests, life’s too short. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone having a go with the Star Wars stuff at the mo?

Lightsabers and E-11 blaster rifles are back. May the 4th be with you and all that.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Anyone having a go with the Star Wars stuff at the mo?

Lightsabers and E-11 blaster rifles are back. May the 4th be with you and all that.

Is that just today? Not playing tonight but prolly tomms!

21 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Is that just today? Not playing tonight but prolly tomms!

Started after yesterday’s update, I reckon it’ll probably be around for a week - would be a bit weird to pull it after one day.

I’m out on the sauce tomorrow night, but if you see me on late drop me an invite!

9 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

A complaint you made or a complaint about you?

A complaint I made about the heating! Tbh I’m waiting for the complaints about my Fortnite shouting when playing online 😂

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Started after yesterday’s update, I reckon it’ll probably be around for a week - would be a bit weird to pull it after one day.

I’m out on the sauce tomorrow night, but if you see me on late drop me an invite!

Noice, it will be the usual late one so jump on when you get in.

The quests for the emblem are about for a week. Finished them last night.

I'm really enjoying Zero Build. It just confirmed my theory I'd love the game if it didn't require mad ninja building skills and I do. Got about 3 solo VRs but if I'm honest I'm really playing for the lizard brain gratifying quests and unlocks.

I thought levelling the battle pass was piss and then I saw the extra unlocks for when I presume you hit 100+ and fucking hell how can they lock the sweetest colour ways behind that? That's not fair :(

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

I thought levelling the battle pass was piss and then I saw the extra unlocks for when I presume you hit 100+ and fucking hell how can they lock the sweetest colour ways behind that? That's not fair :(

It used to be that the level 200 unlocks were true stretch goals, and they were limited to an extra style or two for the tier 100 skin; however now they really just feel like an extension of the regular battle pass.

Is this thread broken?

It's like I'm seeing parts of conversations.

It's been a dull season for me, nothing I'm keen to unlock, and I'm glad I cancelled the crew pass.

With the comic book crossover due in June, I assume they'll be another Marvel storyline or, if they're brave, wait for July and tie it in with Lady Thor & The Guardians or whatever they are calling the new film.

I do echo what Moose has said No-Building is working for people, it's got my little brother playing the game which he hasn't since it first came out. 

The parkour and the sliding have been aces!

I still prefer building overall, but don’t mind the zero build modes - will often drop into a few no-build matches of the regular mode is proving too sweaty.

32 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

The parkour and the sliding have been aces!

Totally agree, the clambering is a great addition. With a few ramps and some climbing I can compete with someone who’s building a skyscraper, in fact usually you end up on top of them!

Just found it via Reddit that Fortnite is playable over xcloud! This is useful for a couple of reasons:

1. it’s another way to play Fortnite on iOS devices! GeForce Now was working ok when I needed it, but you had to get into the beta for that. Maybe xcloud will work better, or have a better control scheme? Good to have options, anyway.

2. if you have the Master Chief or Gears of War skins, but don’t have a next-gen Xbox, just launching Fortnite via xcloud unlocks the exclusive black styles for them!

24 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Just found it via Reddit that Fortnite is playable over xcloud! This is useful for a couple of reasons:

1. it’s another way to play Fortnite on iOS devices! GeForce Now was working ok when I needed it, but you had to get into the beta for that. Maybe xcloud will work better, or have a better control scheme? Good to have options, anyway.

2. if you have the Master Chief or Gears of War skins, but don’t have a next-gen Xbox, just launching Fortnite via xcloud unlocks the exclusive black styles for them!

Yeah, I saw the big advert when I booted Fortnite up earlier.

They are having an issue with it though (server load I bet) as I am yet to get it to work without it being a lag fest. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been uhming about the RoboCop skin but there's a few good ones at the moment. 

Been really enjoying Zero Build but now the quests have all but dried up and I'm waiting for the next to unlock. I've still get 20 levels to go as well.

Yep really want Robocop but I’ve only got 5 vbucks at the moment!!

I’m also well off the pace in terms of reaching level 200. With only 17 days to go I’m only in the 120’s. Easiest way to ensure I get there without too much stressful grind would be to buy the Omega Knight level-up pack, but I resent having to earmark vbucks I don’t currently have for a skin I don’t particularly want. I’d rather spend them on Robocop.

I keep forgetting to log in to Save the World to progress the daily rewards, as well; it was smart of Epic to move it off the login screen, bet they’ve significantly reduced the vbucks they were doling out from that.

• Pistol changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S3 We vibin’ boys