IGNORED

Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S3 We vibin’ boys

Pistol

10 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I hadn't played this for a while after playing it daily but I had a go last night. 

Is Fortnight dull? Does the combat get better? 

Seems dull...

I enjoy the combat and it does get more difficult/tense the further you get into it... 

33 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Yeah, I don't find it dull at all, there is something satisfying about mowing downs tons of husks 

I think maybe it's not for me. They seem to pose little threat and endlessly mowing shuffling zombies doesn't excite so far, though as Varsity alludes, perhaps I'm not far enough in. 

3 hours ago, bradigor said:

Which node do you need in the skill tree to unlock weapon evolution? It is telling me I need it, but buggered it I can see it. 

I've only just got it myself, both melee and ranged weapons are one of the first one you unlock in the 2nd skill tree, costing 2 skill points each. On that note, a word to the wise, be careful when evolving your weapons as the materials needed to craft them changes. I just evolved my legendary shotgun and epic pistol only to find they both now need Silver Ore to craft rather than copper. 

This is after spending 2 missions farming copper ore to make more of them as I am desperately running out of weapon durability in every slot! 

5 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

I think maybe it's not for me. They seem to pose little threat and endlessly mowing shuffling zombies doesn't excite so far, though as Varsity alludes, perhaps I'm not far enough in. 

First off, apologies for the initial arsey response, not sleeping much later. I think it's either a like it or loathe it thing. It is much better played with friends but I've had fun soloing it purely because of the increased difficulty and need to tactically think about what to build and what to fight with as opposed to a group of 4 of you mowing everything in your way down. I'm having a lot of fun with it in small amounts, just popping on for a mission or two, collecting my daily research and logging off. 

1 minute ago, Varsity said:

I've only just got it myself, both melee and ranged weapons are one of the first one you unlock in the 2nd skill tree, costing 2 skill points each. On that note, a word to the wise, be careful when evolving your weapons as the materials needed to craft them changes. I just evolved my legendary shotgun and epic pistol only to find they both now need Silver Ore to craft rather than copper. 

This is after spending 2 missions farming copper ore to make more of them as I am desperately running out of weapon durability in every slot! 

Thanks for the heads up. So when I finish the first area then. 

I will be sure to farm and save silver ore. 

Like you I like going in, collecting rewards doing a mission or two then moving on. 

5 hours ago, bradigor said:

Thanks for the heads up. So when I finish the first area then. 

I will be sure to farm and save silver ore. 

Like you I like going in, collecting rewards doing a mission or two then moving on. 

Aye I kind of have to now really cos my power level is currently too low for doing Plankerton zones without the enemies critting me repeatedly. Still good fun though, enjoy popping on for a quick session in the morning, do a bit of farming, level up a survivor or two and then log out. I can easily see how you'd get burnt out if you rushed through it but solo that's never really going to happen anyway as each mission takes a long time to plan and setup on your own ^^ 

I'm level 25 and halfway through Plankerton. I'm enjoying the game but some things that have been bothering me.

The glitch on Xbox where you get dashboarded when the game ends. You get your XP but it sends you to loot box 1. This happens way too much. I get it once a night.

How llamas and V money seems to be getting more thin on the ground the more you play. 

Last but not least people playing Outlanders who start timed games like Rescue The Survivors or Kill the Encampments and just mine. Knowing other people will do the objective for them, so easy XP and other people won't be going for chests.

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

I'm level 25 and halfway through Plankerton. I'm enjoying the game but some things that have been bothering me.

The glitch on Xbox where you get dashboarded when the game ends. You get your XP but it sends you to loot box 1. This happens way too much. I get it once a night.

How llamas and V money seems to be getting more thin on the ground the more you play. 

Last but not least people playing Outlanders who start timed games like Rescue The Survivors or Kill the Encampments and just mine. Knowing other people will do the objective for them, so easy XP and other people won't be going for chests.

Legit never been booted to dash since launch day, though I do know someone else has had the same issue so just unlucky I guess. 

I agree about the Llamas and V Money, it appears really that you want to be doing the daily quests and/or challenges, the only issue with that is that they are either extremely tedious (destroy 6 arcade machines) or extremely long in their continuing parts (rescue 45 survivors etc). However, it is modelled to be a F2P game so this doesn't really surprise me. 

I've yet to play with randoms, I would honestly just solo it and/or add a few of us on Xbox and group with us! 

8 hours ago, Varsity said:

Legit never been booted to dash since launch day, though I do know someone else has had the same issue so just unlucky I guess. 

I agree about the Llamas and V Money, it appears really that you want to be doing the daily quests and/or challenges, the only issue with that is that they are either extremely tedious (destroy 6 arcade machines) or extremely long in their continuing parts (rescue 45 survivors etc). However, it is modelled to be a F2P game so this doesn't really surprise me. 

I've yet to play with randoms, I would honestly just solo it and/or add a few of us on Xbox and group with us! 

6 hours ago, Orion said:

I'll send you a friend req I'm joe3030.

I've had a ton dashboard boots. I play with friends in the US which could affect it.

Aye I get booted to dash fairly regularly, not every night but I only play a mission or 2 a day. Definitely got booted last night but made it back in before the end. No real pattern to it for me anyway.

I have to do Planketron Storm Shield Defense 2 and can not be arsed. It is such a chore, especially solo. As soon as I get no coop partner before the first wave I quit out and try again. Back in Stonewood I fortified the Storm Shield base to the max and no one can get close (from the south). Thing is, nobody wants to get close with the Amplifiers up and running. Now those are the primary target and the defences I placed at the base are next to useless. I lack the resources to heavily fortify each Amplifier and even if I make time to farm resources to build traps and whatnot, when I find a coop buddy none of the traps are needed because two of us can destroy each wave before they pose a threat.

I'd much rather have 1 base to defend that I can customise to perfection (sniper Defender on top of the roof, shotgun close to the base for the husks that find a way through, healing pad, funnel system to trap husks etc.) instead of 4 zones that look like the aftermath of a storm with healing pads at random placed (placed in a hurry when I was low on health) and Defenders that are out of range of every sodding thing.

On Xbox if you type in the Global chat " Help with SSD please?". You get a bunch wanting to help. Myself included I spent 2 hours the other day helping people. The raft of mini llamas is worth it.

Trying to play this with defenders must be a nightmare. 

• 2 weeks later...

Still stuck on Plank SSD2 :/ Enough players are willing to help, the problem lies in how a party is formed: I rarely can get it to work. Either the party gets disconnected during the loading screen or the invites do not work. Also, what is it with people leaving during regular rounds. I have had far too many rounds where we start with 3 and I end up by myself when the actual defending starts which usually results in a Defeat.

I look forward to the big update on the 29th of August. Right now, I am a tad done with this game.

Theres a new Hoarde style game mode. New weapons, new heroes, 14 pages of patches, changes to the Llamas etc.

Still enjoying this. Fun in a group and the higher Storm Shield Defences are nuts. Solo queing can be decent but you will occasionally run into some total bellends. Usually Outlanders...

• 2 weeks later...

Shooting - check.

Zombies - check.

Tower defence - check.

Horde mode - check

Loot - check.

Crafting - check.

Building - check.

Management - check.

Battle Royale - check.

Next update they'll be adding a car racing mode. Or possibly football.  Yeah, football is missing from the list of everything they need to cram into this.

6 hours ago, Nathan Wind said:

Shooting - check.

Zombies - check.

Tower defence - check.

Horde mode - check

Loot - check.

Crafting - check.

Building - check.

Management - check.

Battle Royale - check.

Next update they'll be adding a car racing mode. Or possibly football.  Yeah, football is missing from the list of everything they need to cram into this.

There's a football pitch at the back of your base right from the start :)

This is a really great move, something for the PUBG crowd on console, it's also really fun!

i really don't understand why anyone could moan about this freebie

2 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

I'm not, particularly. It's just amusing that they're throwing yet another flavour of the month at it. It looks fun enough in that video.

What killed my initial love of the game stone dead is the interface. Life is too short for all those menus.

You shouldn't let that kill your enthusiasm for it for good. It's still a work in progress. I've left the game alone for a few weeks now but it'll be worth revisiting in the future (when it's free to play lololol) with it being in game preview

• Pistol changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S3 We vibin’ boys