Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S4: Paradise - Shiny and chrome

Pistol

24 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Im prolly about this evening, normal time rather than a late one if others are around!

I’m away with work the next couple of nights, so will be at the mercy of Premier Inn WiFi and GeForce Now… will give it a bash, if it holds up well enough I’m in 👍🏻

A quick piece of advice if that's ok.

My son is wanting Save the World for Christmas on PS5. What's the best way to get this? Just buy digital? Is there a physical version? He keeps mentioning some robot(?) pack at the moment which gives you access to Save the World, but don't know if that's permanent or anything.

Any help is appreciated. The amount of hours we've spent playing fortnite I don't mind spending a bit on Save the World. It seems his primary goal for getting it is to get vbucks!

58 minutes ago, hombre_hompson said:

A quick piece of advice if that's ok.

My son is wanting Save the World for Christmas on PS5. What's the best way to get this? Just buy digital? Is there a physical version? He keeps mentioning some robot(?) pack at the moment which gives you access to Save the World, but don't know if that's permanent or anything.

Any help is appreciated. The amount of hours we've spent playing fortnite I don't mind spending a bit on Save the World. It seems his primary goal for getting it is to get vbucks!

The robot pack will give permanent access. It's £12.99 I think. I don't think you get v bucks anymore from STW? Correct me if I'm wrong someone. 

Yeah that would be the best way to do it, but quite right you need to check whether he would actually be able to get vBucks from it now. 

It used to be that you would get a daily login bonus - every seventh day you got 150 bucks, which went up to 300 once a month. But Epic stopped that for new customers. There were also daily missions that would get you vbucks; but again, I’m not sure if they stopped those for new owners too.

If you had STW before the cut-out point you still get vbucks, but I’m not sure if you get any at all from it if you buy it now.

To be honest I only bother with the daily login, I don’t have the time to play the missions.

EDIT: just checked, and no he wouldn’t get any vbucks from STW now (beyond the 1,000 that come with the pack).

Just had a great win with @Arn X Treme - my first crowned VR to boot!

Not too shabby considering I’m playing via GeForce Now over budget hotel WiFi; it’s one of the cheapest hotels I’ve stayed in, but weirdly this is working better than it has pretty much anywhere else!

You only get an hour’s slot though, so I have to log out and back in again after a few games or risk being booted off half way through a game.

13 hours ago, Pistol said:

Just had a great win with @Arn X Treme - my first crowned VR to boot!

Not too shabby considering I’m playing via GeForce Now over budget hotel WiFi; it’s one of the cheapest hotels I’ve stayed in, but weirdly this is working better than it has pretty much anywhere else!

You only get an hour’s slot though, so I have to log out and back in again after a few games or risk being booted off half way through a game.

Me and Graham nearly called in a welfare check for you last night, we were on until the early hours and no sigh on @pistol :o 

Back to back duo crown dubs eased the pain but where were you!? ;) 

I still get vbucks from STW but have had it for a while. As mentioned above, it's also rubbish so hope your son isn't wanting it to actually play it.

The spell broke for me last season, haven't played for a few months until this week but the new season seems entertaining and has had me playing for a few hours, 4-5 wins :)

A few observations - since when did the jump go all floating Halo? The laser dot rifle is fairly murderous, but I think they've removed the scar? Horror show. The map seems a little empty to me. Also, what the fuck have they done to the UI? They mess about with it every season and relentlessly make it worse!

9 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Me and Graham nearly called in a welfare check for you last night, we were on until the early hours and no sigh on @pistol :o 

Back to back duo crown dubs eased the pain but where were you!? ;) 

Oh man, sorry I must’ve come off just before you came on!

Was away with work so I was on a bit earlier than usual, was quite knackered so didn’t go back for a third session (sometimes you have to wait quite a while for a slot).

22 minutes ago, Don Rosco said:

Does anyone have an idea on what time these accursed daily xmas gifts are supposed to unlock? My children are harassing 100 times a day about checking them. Thanks!

You can only unlock one a day, Seem to reset same time as the daily quests which for me is 2pm for some reason. You get an emote, or a glider or axe or something. At least that’s what I have had so far. 

• 4 weeks later...

Any idea why the in game party chat on this has just stopped working? We have been using it for years and no one has changed a setting and it just wont work! 

Another lot I play with had same issue, they fixed it but no idea how 😂

3 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

What system are you on?

We run into this on occasion with the girlfriend's daughter's PC.

Turns out, her system somehow mutes itself in the corner in the volume mixer. 

Xbox, all settings seem to be on default! 

On my xbox sometimes it switches over to "game chat" instead of "party chat" in fortnite itself.

And then it will sometimes shit its pants if im in "xbox party chat" and then go into "fortnite chat" and the cure for that is the "hold the power button down" shutdown. 

So, anyone dropped Tilted yet? Or seen a big mad dinosaur?

I had a quick go at lunchtime, first go I got my first solo win of the season! Shame my last go last night was a random squads win, now I can no longer flex my “01” crowned VRs emote :(

• Pistol changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S4: Paradise - Shiny and chrome