Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S4: Paradise - Shiny and chrome

Pistol

Yep once you eliminate the last player, you can’t pick up their crown (or even if you can, it doesn’t count).

Things do seem to have been a bit screwy lately, I’ve seen reports of two people winning the same solo match, and enemies showing up as friendlies - crowns might be a bit glitchy too.

A dropped crown shows a beam of light and appears on the compass. 

The halo you see from your own crown as far as I am aware is only seen by your team mates. 

Oh and it displays your name in gold in the kill-list bottom right. 

5 hours ago, ulala said:

is it safe to say that skill based matchmaking no longer applies to this game?

Its only ever been on solo, still is as ive not seen anything saying otherwise.

On 04/03/2022 at 17:46, Shimmyhill said:

Its only ever been on solo, still is as ive not seen anything saying otherwise.

then why am i matched against people with skills and records that are infinitely better than my own?

1 hour ago, ulala said:

then why am i matched against people with skills and records that are infinitely better than my own?

Presumbly as there are not enough players of the same level in the same region as you match make - you always get a mix of bots / worse / better players.

I think that's true. 

The whole game is random numbers to fuck these days anyway. 

I haven't played properly for ages since getting over level 200 this pass, and I've even cancelled the Fortnite battle pass thing too.

Didn't take long, but Fortnite fatigue has set in. 

I’m level 181, with 10 days to go… feeling the pressure this season more than the last few, somehow! Haven’t cut it this fine for a long time - not sure what the problem’s been TBH, think the quests just haven’t been as prominent perhaps.

Yeah that’s a good point, I still have quite a few milestone quests that are only in the early stages - must be a lot of XP in there that I can’t be arsed with.

Ones that get knocked off organically while you’re playing normally are fair enough, but who has the time to ride around on top of (not even as a passenger!) a vehicle for god’s sake!

5 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

I think that's true. 

The whole game is random numbers to fuck these days anyway. 

I haven't played properly for ages since getting over level 200 this pass, and I've even cancelled the Fortnite battle pass thing too.

Didn't take long, but Fortnite fatigue has set in. 

Ive played this since season zero but I’m only 100ish on this season, never been anywhere near 200 so i can see how you would be burnt out on it- I’m only playing duos and squads these days too so all helps keep it fun for me!

You're not wrong.

I've come on this evening for a couple of games with the other half and her kid, and I'm now at level 241 with nothing left to unlock unless I want to aim for three hundred (with the double xp it's churning out it'll be quite possible).

I see that with less than a week left we've had no leaks for the next season outside the game's actual season storyline, I think the mass YouTube banning with the chapter three leaks has really put the fear into people. 

Let's hope that there's some kind of amazing mechanic that draws me back in!

I had a bit of a sesh yesterday, nice Duos win but then my buddy got called away so I bought that challenge pack and set about doing them - bit disappointed they are ‘go here collect this’ but I ended up with back to back Solo dubs!

spacer.png

I’m trying to resist buying the pack because although they’re good skins, I don’t really desire to have them; that said, I’m still 15 levels away from 200…

25 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I’m trying to resist buying the pack because although they’re good skins, I don’t really desire to have them; that said, I’m still 15 levels away from 200…

Its been 25 mins, i assume you bought it already….

• 2 weeks later...

Haven’t had much chance to do more than check out the trailer yet, what’s it like with no building?

Some of the player base have been clamouring for a no build mode for ages, I always worry it’ll split the numbers making matchmaking a nightmare. Suppose forcing it on everyone to begin with gives them an idea of how people are likely to take to it at least.

20 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I did a sad when I read the MK7 AR was gone 😢

I hated that gun at first, but as soon as I realised it was a beast when combined with a SMG for close up work, I loved it. Hopefully it will be back soon. 

It was the only gun that was usable because of ads on a pad.

now I guess it’s back to being killed by mouse and keyboard players using a mouse to snipe you at 200 yards with a pistol 

this must be the only game where it’s not a fair level playing field between competitors 

6 minutes ago, ulala said:

It was the only gun that was usable because of ads on a pad.

now I guess it’s back to being killed by mouse and keyboard players using a mouse to snipe you at 200 yards with a pistol 

this must be the only game where it’s not a fair level playing field between competitors 

I’ve never found it felt like that

Indeed, M&k players whine that pad players get super assist and are unplayable and shouldn’t be in the same lobbies 😂

They need to have an over 40s server, I rekon id do amazing in that - its bloody kids I can’t compete with!

I've been playing this for a couple of months with my 4 year old, she absolutely loves Fortnite and has 29 kilsl so far, but we've got 20 wins together (the matchmaking is very friendly) our first win this season was a real highlight though, i rebooted her, killed 2 guys in a tank then we repaired the tank and took it ourselves and just obliterated everything and everyone.

Here’s a video of our first win this season, I play in a group most Thursday evenings. 

We’re a bit split on no building - none of us are good builders so it is evening the game out a bit, but I like the extra tactical aspect in the late game. Maybe have building on a cool-down after a few panels so people can’t spam these huge monster castles in seconds?

When do you stop getting matched with bots? Played with some new account friends last night and won 5 trios in a row. Just running heading into battle and wrecking everything. They’re account level 20 odd now and still getting bots to the point it’s boring. 

• Pistol changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S4: Paradise - Shiny and chrome