Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S4: Paradise - Shiny and chrome

Pistol

5 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Anyone had a bug with expeditions? 

I sent one out and it has completed but I cannot access it at all to complete it. 

It's really buggy that if Y or A don't work sometimes it's best just to leave it till you're on again.

Made it to the 2nd area last night and am still really enjoying this, every aspect of it is just so satisfying and moreish. It's also become a lot trickier which i'm pleased about as it was getting a little easy toward the end of Stonewood. Upgrading weapons and traps to keep up seems to be really important, but the materials for evolving seem to be incredibly hard to come by.

It seems to be a perfect co-op game, where players can join the same mission but essentially do their own thing before pulling together for the final objective, if there is one. I play with a guy who loves the building, so he gets to work on the the defenses while I go off and clear side objectives and gather resources for the both of us.

There's already a great foundation, with 6 months+ of tweaking, this should be a great experience for everyone at the F2P launch.

5 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Does anyone else find defenders useless? They wouldn't be so bad if they some how could farm and craft their own bloody ammo. 

Upgraded appropriately and given the correct weapon type they're a lot better than a lot of the traps.

I'll give that a try. 

Decided I am going to spend the next few days just farming in missions and building my base to be better then attempting to do the next Storm Shield. No need to rush through as it is still only Early Access. 

You can gift the giftable copy, but you cannot game share as the game is unlocked at an account level. At least that is how it was on the PS4, as my son couldn't access it on his account. 

Sounds like you wanted three playable versions from the Super Deluxe, correct?

5 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

Guys, if I buy the super deluxe edition on xbox one, can I then game share my version then gift the extra standard edition to another friend who game shares to another?
I really want in on this.

Not sure but if it's a redeemable code for download Gameshare will work. I gameshare with my son I'll see if he has tried to play it so I guess as Bradigor says it may be you can gameshare your version but the other code will validate someone's gamertag at their end locking it to them alone (though I'm not sure how they'd then get the client? The game does a whole host of checks when you boot it)

The one thing missing from the update I'd have liked is a more responsive skill tree - starting on the left and having to "scroll" across to get to the available options is painfully slow.

2 minutes ago, bradigor said:

You can gift the giftable copy, but you cannot game share as the game is unlocked at an account level. At least that is how it was on the PS4, as my son couldn't access it on his account. 

Sounds like you wanted three playable versions from the Super Deluxe, correct?

no four! 
The set up we have is our Tuesday crew (4 RL friends) two of us game share with the other two.
My plan is I buy the Super Deluxe Edition, friend 2 then game shares with me and gets the game.
I gift the extra standard edition that is included in the SDE to player 3, he game shares with player 4 

Got through the Storm Shield 5 after a random player jumped in. Ended up being pretty easy, but very intense. 

I now need to do my missions in a 15+ area and can feel the difficulty ramping up. I have however been able to evolve my Epic Soldier, which should help and will soon be able to unlock the ability to evolve some other heroes. 

15 hours ago, bradigor said:

Got through the Storm Shield 5 after a random player jumped in. Ended up being pretty easy, but very intense. 

I now need to do my missions in a 15+ area and can feel the difficulty ramping up. I have however been able to evolve my Epic Soldier, which should help and will soon be able to unlock the ability to evolve some other heroes. 

Some of them are more difficult than others to solo. You want to try and go for either Ride the Lightning stages as the van defense is split up into multiple short defense waves of a few mins each rather than the 8 min Fight the Storm ones. I also found Destroy the Encampments and Rescue the Survivors to be easy. 

Finally finished Stonewood this morning, the last mission was a bit of a doozy on my own but still managed and actually managed to get level 5 loot for the first time!

3 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

I love this and the thing I asked about worked however none of us can party up which has put a dampener on the whole thing :(

How so? We do it almost every time we play and it's been flawless. Are you using the OS or ingame option? Everybody on an open NAT?

Idiot question time...

Daily Login Loot. Do I need to login every day? Or can I miss a day and still get the next one as normal? Or will I miss out? Bloody work means I may not be able to login tomorrow. 

6 hours ago, bradigor said:

Idiot question time...

Daily Login Loot. Do I need to login every day? Or can I miss a day and still get the next one as normal? Or will I miss out? Bloody work means I may not be able to login tomorrow. 

You don't need to log in every day, it just dishes it out in order.

• Pistol changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S4: Paradise - Shiny and chrome