Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH4S1: - Fractured butt hole

Pistol

There’s some free stuff if you sign up to the official Italian discord, too; it’s… a bit feckin’ complicated, to be honest. Two emojis and a wrap, but you have to keep track of your progress through a series of five quests manually. Eh.

If you can be arsed, this video explains how to do it.

On 18/05/2022 at 13:26, Pistol said:

Free stuff!

https://fortnite.playstation.com/dashboard

You need a PSN account to participate, but you can just create one on the Sony website, then link it in your Epic account settings, and it’ll work on any platform once that’s done (so it seems) - no PlayStation required.

Anyone on a PS4 get their PS4 stuff yet? I know it says within 30 days but I’me shocked that I’ve had the Fortnite stuff so soon but not the PS stuff. 

2nd place in my first match. I had one of the new rifles equipped instead of my gold shotgun and walked face first into an SMG clip. 

Loving the bright colours and BP skins after the drab, uninspired sci-fi garbage last Season. 

28 minutes ago, MattKB said:

Can you sign up to fortnite crew to get the battle pass, bucks and skin then immediately cancel? I need bucks for the pass anyway….

Yeah you can it's what I do with the new seasons sign up for a month (cancel straight away) that way you also get the additional crew skin for the month and the vbucks on top of the battlepass.

Best not to cancel it immediately, let it run on until just into the next month so you get that month’s skin as well. Just remember to cancel it within 30 days.

Oh that’s a good thought, I assumed it would redeem each month but makes sense that it’s calendar months for the free stuff and you’re renewal is every 30 days from sub. Thanks!

5 hours ago, MattKB said:

Can you sign up to fortnite crew to get the battle pass, bucks and skin then immediately cancel? I need bucks for the pass anyway….

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

Best not to cancel it immediately, let it run on until just into the next month so you get that month’s skin as well. Just remember to cancel it within 30 days.

I mean you can….. but if you’re like me ive been meaning to cancel since that first month a year or two back 😵

I’m playing this on xcloud on my steamdeck. I’ve had two back to back win royales.

Am I amazing? Or am I playing in the same pool as people on touch controls?

I am using my epic account, which has been in existence for quite some time. I’m sure there are quite a few bots in the match but I doubt the players left at the end who were building, driving around and camping could all be robots.

I don't really get the point of the balls in the new season and given how few people I've seen using them I'm not sure anyone else does either really. They're decent enough to outrun the storm I guess but wolves and boars are everywhere now and I'd rather just use them.

3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Wait, you can ride wolves and boars?!

Yep, and the quests from Sunday have a challenge to ride either in two separate matches.

Something really satisfying about shooting a guy's mount out from under him then moving in for a close range kill while they are confused.

54 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I am using my epic account, which has been in existence for quite some time. I’m sure there are quite a few bots in the match but I doubt the players left at the end who were building, driving around and camping could all be robots.

If you have had an account but not used for a while its seems to reset, helps you to re engage if you start wining when coming back….

You maybe amazing but id say if you were in the pool of people im playing against you wouldn’t have a chance against them endgame streaming the game so its either a different pool of players or just bot lobby’s to start.

6 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

If you have had an account but not used for a while its seems to reset, helps you to re engage if you start wining when coming back….

Sneaky. The epic account gets a lot of use, I've racked up many hours on Switch and Xbox and haven't taken any real breaks beyond a day or two.

It could be to do with streaming; I know when I started using GeForce Now on my iPhone, I was getting into lobbies with lots of bots, whereas using the same account on PC it was the usual hellscape of sweats.

• 2 weeks later...

In my game of fortnite just now I, unexpectedly, saw a Star Wars Lambda shuttle flying around so jumped out the bus when I saw it land and dived right there, only to see Darth fucking Vader and a platoon of storm troopers get out. I raided one of their big supply chests and got a laser blaster and pegged it whilst Vader kept force flinging me around and the storm troopers - who can actually aim in Fortnite - nearly killed me. Finally escaped, topped up my health, found that you can now blow up big fuel tanks, murdered a couple of people, then got a grapple glove and saw there was a huge tornado so headed off to that and got swept up in the chaos as a million things were flying around. Bailed out and landed and found a wild boar to ride around. Some dude started shooting at me so I shot back and he hid behind one of those new boulders that are propped up on a small pile of rubble. I shot the small pile of rubble and the boulder rolled him over to death! 

I was in the final 3, I killed one of the dudes but the final guy had the high ground and also a laser blaster. I finally managed to build and hide my way out of sight to try and heal but I was on about 5 health and his wolf ran me down and killed me. 

All this whilst playing at a very consistent 60fps on my steam deck over xcloud with next gen mega graphics* 

Its mad that so much happens in this game and it's basically free. I'm sure Epic keeps all the developers in the basement away from sunlight and the insane content and release schedule must have cost a lot of marriages but it's probably worth it. 

*slightly fuzzy resolution mega graphics but I've been playing on the switch for the last 3 or 4 years so who cares.

• Pistol changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH4S1: - Fractured butt hole