Fortnite: Battle Royale Mode

The trainer looks good for s10, return of dusty factories :wub: Really looking forward to what they do, looks like some retro map action unless it’s a troll!

I think the only thing I won’t complete this season is the play with mate and get X kills as ran out of time today but other than that everything wrapped up and a heroic duos win to finish the season!

4 hours ago, Rog said:

The 250k exp? Is that one of the skin challenges? They’ll roll into next season as they have before, I assume.

Could've been a fortbyte challenge, some of them were xp based I think?

I'll be on later, need to finish the shared damage eliminations, assault rifle damage and SMG damage. Team rumble all the way I think

I managed to get the entire lot done with the exception of two overtime challenges. 14 days of summer! Battlepass! Birthday challenges! Fortbytes! Check check check motherfucking check. The overview looks good.

Download is going to be bigger than normal. 9gb on ps4, 7gb on Xbox, 3gb on switch, and 3 on PC roughly but it's active now.

https://fortnitenews.com/patch-notes-for-fortnite-v10-00-season-x/

I nearly won my first season X game on solo, kicking myself but did take a titan down - I assume you eject as player jumped out and either fall damage or explosion killed them!!

However on my second game a titan smashed me in the top 10, not sure how you can compete against one with the rockets it fires seemingly tracking you!?

I doubt they can vault them as the challenges are built around them. Guess we'll have to live with them for a while at least.

Hard to believe that after the infinity sword debacle they would put something like this right into the main game again.

It's funny how every time I go for the battle pass in a season the consensus is that everyone else isn't feeling it. 

I've done all the challenges so far, but the Brute ones had some of the most annoying to do.

One neat trick I found is that if the enemy is inside driving the mecha you can jump in the gunner seat and activate the self-destruct. 

Got a great capture on the Xbox last night of me jumping into the gunner seat setting the self-destruct and fleeing as another enemy jumped in the mecha :P

Some of the most fun I've had on it was the quick go I had was on "the floor is lava" I know it's silly but it's got a nice pace to it and a great sense of panic as well. 

6 hours ago, The Eagle Lord said:

It's funny how every time I go for the battle pass in a season the consensus is that everyone else isn't feeling it. 

I've done all the challenges so far, but the Brute ones had some of the most annoying to do.

One neat trick I found is that if the enemy is inside driving the mecha you can jump in the gunner seat and activate the self-destruct. 

Got a great capture on the Xbox last night of me jumping into the gunner seat setting the self-destruct and fleeing as another enemy jumped in the mecha :P

Some of the most fun I've had on it was the quick go I had was on "the floor is lava" I know it's silly but it's got a nice pace to it and a great sense of panic as well. 

That's exactly what I do as well and the levels of salt that people have after you have blown them up in their own titan is hilarious.

He kept trying to swoop on me for ages after that and I just kept owning and boning him.

Have they done something to the Brutes in the last couple of hours?, they seem to die really fast even if you're hitting them with a green ass rifle.

Had some wonderful games this evening never made it above 4th place but had some really skilful kills.

I got the battle pass a couple of days late and had my first proper go last night, got a bunch of Team Rumble challenges done (thanks @Baring!)

I really don't like the new challenges system, it's confusing. Also after each match I was getting bombarded with battlestars and rewards; OK, that won't happen all the time but it was just too much and not really clear where it was all coming from.

I also don't really see how these limited time challenges are fair. Is it the case that once they're gone, they're gone? Before, even if you came to the game late in the season, you could still complete everything if you were prepared to grind hard.

17 hours ago, grindmouse said:

Yeah that’s another thing that’s shit about it. Those short events to get exclusive items? That’s the entire battle pass now. 7 days to unlock an item then it’s gone forever. No thanks, it’s a game not a job.

I usually complete all the challenges just because im on most night for an hour or two. But since day one i've had everything set to random. Cosmetics have never appealed to me even in Destiny but i just like doing the challenges. If i miss out on a week then so be it. The challenge is to make level 65 this time round, its over 300k exp and because 250k exp was hard enough im not sure many will make it unless they've lowered the exp per level.

Just play to enjoy the game, dont worry about what you look like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Given the death of this thread i assume we are not fans of season X?

Ive loved it and hated it in equal parts, the titans can go fuck themselves and now that they do it’s all good - new map next season and everything done on this season but mostly it’s been about the best gun in the game (any game)

I liked it, would like Epic to get off their asses and release those extra skin colours were getting due to the season end delay.

I thought the BRUTES were ok not amazing but still pretty good, annoyed the IT 2 crossover was cancelled and i thought the Batman 80  crossover was an overpriced piss take. 

Roll on Sunday to see what were in-store for, and if the skins they've leaked are the battle pass i won't be buying it. 

I think the mechs were a mistake, and building the season around them was a bigger mistake. If they could've shuffled them off into an ltm like the infinity sword it wouldn't have been so annoying.

Some of what they did with the rift zones was good, but overall it felt like they tried to do too much. A bit more restraint next season please - and no big changes that can't be reversed or at least moved out of the core mode if they turn out to be pants.

Combination of not having as much time and also not enjoying the season as much, I also wasn't a massive fan of 9 so two in a row....I've really only done the bare minimum this season.

I've not really kept up with rumours and such, is there a decent summary of what's confirmed and/or rumoured for the next season?

Sorry for the massively Dad question, but how do you watch the event on Sunday?  Is it simply the case of trying to join a game just after 7?

My kids are desperate to watch it and I don't know how it works. I have become my parents :(

47 minutes ago, Jolly said:

Sorry for the massively Dad question, but how do you watch the event on Sunday?  Is it simply the case of trying to join a game just after 7?

My kids are desperate to watch it and I don't know how it works. I have become my parents :(

Usually you just join a solo, duo or squad game (not creative), although for the last event everything was greyed out except for one joinable event button. 
Join early otherwise you’ll miss it / get a black screen / see only part of it due to the servers taking a hammering! 

• squirtle changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale Mode