Jump to content

Fortnite: Battle Royale Mode


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, wev said:

Its all still there though isn't it? It's just been made a little more enjoyable for those of us who aren't very good. I've apparently played 368 matches and have one win, 30 top tens, 83 top 25's, 147 kills and an average game time of 2 minutes. But if the matchmaking works properly then you're more likely to be placed with better players, right? 


Im probably not seeing as many bots as I’ve played 6519 matches apparently :o That’s a lot of games and a load of them have been just for challenges etc - I really should add this to my all time fave games list.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Maybe I need to start up a new account to get some easy wins..... 

 

This is the worst...

You literally got a 'proper' win yesterday. 

People have never had 1! I'd say playing over 6,000 games you're a very good player and are where you belong. 

 

I don't mind the bots but im wondering how many are there per game? If a handfull all fly to each major town that could be 20-30 a match. Probably helping the servers run better if the millions of games played are hosting 20-30% less players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Baring said:

 

This is the worst...

You literally got a 'proper' win yesterday. 

People have never had 1! I'd say playing over 6,000 games you're a very good player and are where you belong. 

 

I don't mind the bots but im wondering how many are there per game? If a handfull all fly to each major town that could be 20-30 a match. Probably helping the servers run better if the millions of games played are hosting 20-30% less players. 


I was never really going to make a new account, I forgot the winky smile I guess ;) 

 

That first game out of the battle bus was not matchmade, it was all bots so as someone who play lots (too much) it felt hollow and the game shouldn’t have put me in that scenario so that’s my beef, it’s not that I think bots shouldn’t be there for players who are new or never had a win as it’s obv a good thing but it should fenced off as more of a training area to progress based around your stats.
 

My first solo victory Royale in this is up there with the first completion of Vault of glass as a favourite ever moment in video games, my bot win in some other BR meant nothing (to the point I forget what game it was) as this is meant to me last person standing against 99 other people going through an emotional rollercoaster.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hah, jokes on you all. My only solo win was the bot fest, my other two are because I hid and let them kill each other/let the zone get them.

In all honesty I suck at BR games. I just go to pieces and make stupid mistakes. I've never won PUBG, I think I won a H1Z1 (I know, shut up) duos with the luckiest grenade in the world, never got a Blackout win. Too old, too slow, too prone to being a cack handed twat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Hah, jokes on you all. My only solo win was the bot fest, my other two are because I hid and let them kill each other/let the zone get them.

In all honesty I suck at BR games. I just go to pieces and make stupid mistakes. I've never won PUBG, I think I won a H1Z1 (I know, shut up) duos with the luckiest grenade in the world, never got a Blackout win. Too old, too slow, too prone to being a cack handed twat.


The other 2 are legit wins, to finish first first you have to finish and all that! My hardest ever VR was getting a zero kill win and one of my most celebrated since that first one!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really enjoying this season and starting to get my head around what weapons I want to have in my loadout, welcome back Tac shotty! I wonder how the map will develop and how they will go with weapons, I loved the heavy sniper but it was a bit OP so will it come back etc?


I got my first not the first game solo win last night and a duos before that, didn’t see (m)any bots in solo but defi a couple in the duos - funny how they rat around in buildings so you get tempted to mount a planned assault and then you hear them knocking a wall down rather than using a door.... :rolleyes:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It really is so much better without all the frippery of last season, isn’t it? Hopefully they learn from that!

 

It’s not like they haven’t added stuff, but the fishing and carrying knocked players adds to the game without diluting the experience.

 

 Do the snipers still have bullet drop? I seem to be hitting stuff with them, which never used to happen :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pistol said:

It really is so much better without all the frippery of last season, isn’t it? Hopefully they learn from that!

 

It’s not like they haven’t added stuff, but the fishing and carrying knocked players adds to the game without diluting the experience.

 

 Do the snipers still have bullet drop? I seem to be hitting stuff with them, which never used to happen :lol:


Bullet drop on all snipers went to the heavy sniper mode ages back to there isn’t the huge drop off and it’s the same this season.

 

Yeeting downed players is never going to get old :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

We took a break from Apex and decided to play this. Managed to get three duo wins in two days - it seems to have got much easier and the amount of bots in the game!

When we stepped up into quads there was a real uptick on player skill and got rolled a few times.

 

Still love the slickness/smoothness of this and the sniping although my building at endgame is almost non existant!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shit, I've played 10,279 matches and I've neeeeeeever had a solo win although I did come second way back in season 2 :lol: Mind we have pretty much lived in Team Rumble ever since they added it 

 

Ugh, there are so many good things about this season like them taking out all of the superfluous shit, but crossplay with pc players has got to be sorted out. People were already asking for fucking ages for mouse and keyboard players to be seperated out on ps4 and then they finally do it only to make it enforced with people on keyboard and mouse on fucking pc's unless you are doing solo, creative, or playground.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wickedkitten said:

Shit, I've played 10,279 matches and I've neeeeeeever had a solo win although I did come second way back in season 2 :lol: Mind we have pretty much lived in Team Rumble ever since they added it 

 

Ugh, there are so many good things about this season like them taking out all of the superfluous shit, but crossplay with pc players has got to be sorted out. People were already asking for fucking ages for mouse and keyboard players to be seperated out on ps4 and then they finally do it only to make it enforced with people on keyboard and mouse on fucking pc's unless you are doing solo, creative, or playground.


Get into a solo this season as without a win the match making will be very kind.

 

Team rumble tho, get out ;) :o :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was like herding cats but finally got my storm king brolly last night after 17:21. It's actually really good fun as long as you mark up the spawn things so people don't just focus on the boss and let adds run amok.

 

Looking at Fortnitetracker, that person was playing on a phone Shimmy so I'm not surprised.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wickedkitten said:

It was like herding cats but finally got my storm king brolly last night after 17:21. It's actually really good fun as long as you mark up the spawn things so people don't just focus on the boss and let adds run amok.

 

Looking at Fortnitetracker, that person was playing on a phone Shimmy so I'm not surprised.


Ahh I didn’t think to do that, the fuck am I getting matchmade with a phone player in the moon!?

 

The storm king mode is really good fun, it’s like a mini Destiny strike - I joined Ben and completed it first time, haven’t got anywhere near finishing it since as if you go in as a solo or duo it’s luck of the draw how crap the others are, really helpful when you’re downed and the other players throw you into the storm :hmm:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Creative Curse challenges: I only started playing properly this weekend and it seems that there are a few challenges I’m not going to be able to complete, namely retribution and mansion of power ones. Is that right or am I missing something?

 

Also, the bots! What’re epic thinking?! Just sort out the matchmaking!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a win last night! Super chuffed with it, as I’m a really bad player generally and it came out of nowhere.

 

 

I was only really intending to dick about for a bit, thought I might as well play random squads as with a bit of luck I might get carried :lol:

 

 

 It was only when the match started that I realised I’d forgotten to check fill was on, and I’d accidentally gone in solo! I figured what the hell, I’d just see how long I could stay alive. Got some really crap loot to begin with but then I did at least find a llama and opened a couple of supply drops. Skulked around in a few bushes then realised the circle was getting pretty small and there were only 8 players left. There was a battle going on nearby so I just sat in a bush to see who would win - all of a sudden there were only 2 players left! That was a real shock as I thought one squad would surely come out massively on top, not a lone survivor. Anyway I thought right that’s enough hiding, it’s a real anti climax when the last player has to search around for a crap bot just to end the game, so I should man up and go down fighting. Rushed the mass of structures and engaged the guy, he was clearly much much better than me (as i suspected) and was building and editing like crazy. Reckon that worked in my favour in the end though; I heard a few traps placed, think he decided to toy with me a bit. We both got a few hits in but I just kept moving and remembered to pop a few minis when I could. Eventually he edited a wall right behind me and god knows how but I popped him before he got me! It’s been a long time since I got a proper win and it does feel pretty awesome.

 

 

TL;DR even a bot with a green tac can get a win against a decent player if you stick at it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cohen205 said:

Anyone know when the bandage bazooka's are back? Still need to complete the challenge for that one.

 

 


Dunno when it’ll be back, but if it’s absent for too long they’ll probably just auto complete that challenge (or change it for a different one).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • squirtle changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale Mode

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.