Fortnite: Battle Royale Mode

11 hours ago, Mike1812 said:

Yeah I noticed they changed the gas station one to make it easier. 

My mates where talking about this one because they needed to do it, I hadnt a clue it changed. I just went in duos and chucked someone at the gas pump then shot it.

(if you don’t know a challenge was shoot a gas station and damage someone with it, now it’s just shoot gas stations). 

12 hours ago, Pistol said:

:D yeah was chuffed to pull that off; shame it came to nothing but still!

That was such a close second place at the finish too! Cheers for the games :D

Yeah shame not to bag the squad win at the end, we had ‘just a couple of duos’ and got a great win at 0350 this morning - I have been pretty ropey sniping this season but last night I was back on form with 3 banging snipes when just me standing end game!

One pumps tho man, the fuck is up with those - I was always a one pump user last season but now you may as well waggle you’re pick axe :quote:

• 2 weeks later...

Argh, sorry cackshot I didn’t bail on you there - I’m stuck playing on my iPhone 7 in a hotel room, hadn’t realised it wasn’t actually charging (think one of my cables is duff) and it died just as we were readying up for a second go!!

(Actually quite chuffed with how well we got on, my iPhone 7 performs terribly - it keeps freezing up at crucial moments!! Plus I’ve got all the settings down as low as possible so it’s like 8-bit Fortnite :lol: )

New favorite skin:

fortnite-outfit-plague.thumb.jpg.7efbf4f94fd455bccc3e0dab8503a8a2.jpg

Wonder if they'll change the leveling next season, it was much easier to get to 100 this time. First time I've actually managed it. 

Btw, you can get 2000 bucks and a skin on CD keys for £11.99  which is pretty good value, even just for the bucks. 

1 hour ago, Mike1812 said:

Btw, you can get 2000 bucks and a skin on CD keys for £11.99  which is pretty good value, even just for the bucks. 

Neo Versa pack has the skin & 2000 bucks for less than £10.

Cdkeys, didn’t realise it was PS4 only. Not sure if it works like a few older packs, where if you already have the skin it gives the equivalent bucks on top of the advertised; ie subsequent packs might get you more than 2000.

HOLY SHIT all the Star Wars stuff in the shop right now!!

I was tempted by the TIE fighter glider but it’s a First Order one, would prefer the original to go with my Stormtrooper. Then I found out you get a free TIE whisper glider for attending the event this weekend anyway, so I’ll just make do with that!

Well Epic continued their trend of the live events being unable to cope with the load >_>

We got home a bit later than planned. Fortunately the switch logged in first time so we were able to get one account into a match on that, but the Xbox took multiple tries to even log in and then hung on matchmaking.

The event itself was... underwhelming. Initially it was great, the millennium falcon! Tie fighters! Star destroyers! But then the chat was cringe. Seeing the custom JJ Abrams skin was kinda cool, and getting a sneak preview of a first order stormtrooper skin was definitely cool, but god they were rubbish at talking.

The clip of the film itself was neat. and then... LIGHTSABERS!!!! ok that was awesome. unfortunately most people left the match after it became very one sided, we stuck with it which I think was worth it as I got a whole bunch of lightsaber related challenges ticked off, which I feel are going to be a bit tricky to do in normal modes.

I logged in and then found myself with an ‘Input Locked’ message so was unable to move.  Couldn’t reset as getting back in would be a server crash nightmare so had to watch the event over my sons shoulder as he was on the PS4.  Got the TIE Glider, had a quick match with lightsabers 8-) ticked off some challenges and then the switch battery died.  Was still worth it! :D

I posted this over in ATF, but I might get a quicker response here...

My son is really after some of the Star Wars skins, so I’ve added £30 credit to his Xbox account, but when we go into the Fortnite shop and click to buy V-Bucks, it says that he must get permission. We ask for permission and it says to check your email. I’ve looked at both mine and his Outlook emails that are linked to the Xbox, but there’s nothing there (it doesn’t help that outlook seems massively confusing, when trying to find the latest emails), so I’m stumped.

How am I supposed to do this for him? It seems unnecessarily convoluted, just to buy some in game currency.

I didn’t play any of season 9 or 10, but I’ve really got back into it this time. 

I think that as a less skilled player the matchmaking has made it a lot more accessible and I’ve got 3 or 4 solo wins this season having only had 1 or 2 previously. Really enjoying the Star Wars theme too and smashing the shit out of people with lightsabers. 

It is possible to do solo.  I finished all the challenges yesterday and did the lot by myself.  The hard bit was finding a Saber or Sniper Rifle to take them out with.

(Still hoping they leave the Sabers in, they are just so much fun!)

• squirtle changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale Mode