Fortnite: Battle Royale Mode

Has he finished them all?

Sniper rifles seem to be pretty hard to find in Team Rumble, apparently Epic balanced the whole loot pool for the introduction of the bases (higher chance of finding better weapons if you raid them and bump off henchmen), so you’re less likely to find snipers in the wild. Then they forgot that there are no henchmen in Team Rumble so there are shotguns everywhere and very few snipers :lol:

It’ll get sorted soon.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

I only seem to make it to the top ten through sheer cowardice. It's ok though, there's plenty of qeusty challenge things to do. The XP gain for the BP puts another nail in any chance of me buying Modern Warfare a season two's coffin.

Is it cowardice or do you play sneaky like i do in solos?

Don't confuse the two things!

Enjoyed my first games, got a solo win followed by a duo with the kid this morning :)

Visited all the bases and am liking the henchmen and the mythic weapons the bosses have. Losing your disguise in the bases seems to be a bit hit & miss though. Not worked out what the boss keycards are for yet, or what the little map you read when you shakedown a downed opponent in duos yet...anyone?

I think the map temporarily shows you the location of enemies, chests and vaults etc.

The keycard opens the vault with loads of good loot in it.

i love that you can hold a downed henchman up to a scanner to open it :)

Yep turns out the kid had been in the vault, just decided not to share any of the loot with me. I guess I’ve just not had enemies or chests around when I’ve done shakedowns, I think all it’s done for me so far is put a highlight over the downed player I’ve just shaken.

I’m also sure I’ve heard the boom of the heavy sniper, yet to find one though, if they’re back. Although I quite enjoy finding out changes naturally, I wouldn’t mind epic issuing patch notes again!

Also! I assume you can knock out the power to bases, killing all the cameras and turrets? I’ve seen a smashed generator, but didn’t twig what it was until I saw the powerlines going to the defences.

The shakedown shows little icons where chests are in your HUD. 

I'm quite happy just pootling around getting challenges done. Had a couple of top tens but I've only had 4 Victories ever and I don't think that's about to change.

I'm just bouncing between live service BRs at the moment. I don't know why. This, Cuisine Royale, Tarkov*, which probably doesn't help that all 3 require completely different skill sets and skill levels. 

*It counts, shush.

The balance in this season has really been screwed up.

the mythic weapons are so overpowered that its impossible to win if your opponent has a sniper rifle or the drum gun

and I hate the reintroduction of the bounce pads

2 hours ago, ulala said:

the mythic weapons are so overpowered that its impossible to win if your opponent has a sniper rifle or the drum gun

I’ve not found that. Actually, I’ve only got the drum gun myself when I’ve killed someone who had it.

10 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

I’ve not found that. Actually, I’ve only got the drum gun myself when I’ve killed someone who had it.

It’s difficult playing against someone with a sniper rifle when I’ve not seen one drop in loot all week

its stupid 

On 22/02/2020 at 11:21, Kryptonian said:

Has anyone else had all the challenges disappear from the map in the lobby area? My son has, as well as the daily challenges that show up on the left.

Yup, same with my son. He's freaking out, thinks he won't be able to complete the battlepass. I'm like, geez, you play about 4 hours a day, I think you'll be fine. Still, shows how much value the challenges add to the game for him, hopefully just a glitch that gets corrected soon.

Yeah, i thought the challenges were missing. Part of me thought i'd completed them all without realising, but there were loads initially, and now i only have dailys.

Just checked the challenges, and it turns out I've actually done them all :facepalm:

I've been dropping at the ghost house on the island in the lake towards the South end of the map. It's not too hectic, and the chest usually contains a sniper (if I manage to keep a henchman alive to scan it!)

Biggest problem is ammo when hot dropping into a henchman nest.

On 26/02/2020 at 13:19, Pistol said:

I've been dropping at the ghost house on the island in the lake towards the South end of the map. It's not too hectic, and the chest usually contains a sniper (if I manage to keep a henchman alive to scan it!)

Biggest problem is ammo when hot dropping into a henchman nest.

thanks i will give it a go

Contact Epic. My Metal Mouth challenges aren't working, I contacted them not expecting much and they have asked for more details. Not sure anything will come of it but at least they've responded!

Dark Bomber's a fine skin, though... one of my faves. I just bought the skin to begin with, though I did complete the set the next time it was back in the store!

Skin presets can't come soon enough for me. I have tons of skins I like but never use, because I can't be arsed to change all the cosmetics to match the set. I end up just using whatever skin is my current favourite. If I could have preset loadouts for each skin, I'd happily use them all!

I *think* each of the bases drops different weapons.

I'm quite enjoying one of the mini bases that drops heavy assault rifles, unbelievably accurate from distance if you just tap fire and does insane damage.

Finishing top 5 more often than not and am finally pretty good at building/editing with the pro controller.

11 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Ah, ok. I had the Calamity one, I ought to check that. I really want the Dark Bomber skin but I can't justify the 3400 V Bucks for the skin, glider and harvesting tool.

This will make it cheaper if you’re on PS4/have a PS4 linked you account. 

I’ve redeemed this set about 8 times. 

Other console sets are available with variable pricing. 

https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/psn-addons-season-passes/fortnite-neo-versa-2000-v-bucks-ps4

• squirtle changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale Mode