Fortnite: Battle Royale Mode

11 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Wish that deal was on the Switch too!

You can redeem on PS4 / a friends PS4 (and buy shop items on PS4), and it’ll be available on your Switch if accounts are linked. 

5 minutes ago, bignige said:

You can redeem on PS4 / a friends PS4 (and buy shop items on PS4), and it’ll be available on your Switch if accounts are linked. 

Jesus... i didnt even think of that.

Thanks for the tip!

1 hour ago, bignige said:

Aren't vbucks platform linked though? So ones bought on the PlayStation don't show up on Switch?

Granted, it might not apply to vbucks gained from bundles, but the Neo Versa ones are PlayStation exclusive so I would've thought they'd only show up on a PlayStation..?

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Aren't vbucks platform linked though? So ones bought on the PlayStation don't show up on Switch?

Granted, it might not apply to vbucks gained from bundles, but the Neo Versa ones are PlayStation exclusive so I would've thought they'd only show up on a PlayStation..?

That’s true, but the skin once purchased will be available on any platform. 

Also, Vbucks earned in-game will show up on all systems. 

38 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

But if you buy the skins on ps4, and then use that account to play on the switch, surely the skins will still be on the switch?

Yep!

To my shame, I have the Switch exclusive skin, PS4 exclusive skins, Xbox and Galaxy skin all available to play on any system. 
For a free game, it’s cost me a packet and I’m still rubbish at it! 

11 hours ago, bignige said:

Yep!

To my shame, I have the Switch exclusive skin, PS4 exclusive skins, Xbox and Galaxy skin all available to play on any system. 
For a free game, it’s cost me a packet and I’m still rubbish at it! 

I bought the v bucks linked in here and then login to this the first time since the update and another £4 on the outfit and bucks.... I’ve spent a small fortune on this but all worth it as I have played it so much over the years!

First games tonight on this new chapter, got a cheeky Duos win so pleased to get the brolly nice and early! Not so sure about the base invading element as I’m a sniper kinda guy so have to have one leading to limited drop locations... and wtf is the challenge nonsense and front end all about!?

Still love the game tho!

Yeah there’s some issue with it which is pretty irritating. 

I keep seeing the land at salty springs 100 times challenge. Annoyingly you don’t seem to be able to trick it in team rumble by deploying gliders constantly. 

Started playing this when my nine-year old isn’t. Got a 1st and a 2nd today. Never had a first before. 

I like the Ghost House and I am surprised more people don’t go there. Same with the house with the Christmas tree and three chests. 

I need to try getting the weapons from the bases. 

Any pointers for a total noob?

17 minutes ago, The Hierophant said:

What do you get for doing the various challenges on the left hand side?

Experience points to level up. If you buy the battlepass, you get something every level - a new skin, emote, loading screen etc. If you don’t buy it you still get some items but not nearly as many 

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me where the option to maintain sensitivities etc is in the controller menu? I must be missing something as I can’t see any option to copy current settings.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone getting weird stuttering issues on PC? What with the lockdown it's all hands to the pumps for Fortnite capable devices here at chez Sozzly, and I have a PC that should be more than capabale but does this weird thing of freezing for a second every so often, like a PS2 game loading off a bad disk. It's not network, and I don't think it's CPU related as when it is running it goes absolutely fine. I went through the absolute palaver of moving it from HDD to my overcrowded SSD and that made no difference either. Occasionally textures are really slow to load in, or the icons for the weapons.

Anyone encountered this and solved it?

25 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

Anyone getting weird stuttering issues on PC? What with the lockdown it's all hands to the pumps for Fortnite capable devices here at chez Sozzly, and I have a PC that should be more than capabale but does this weird thing of freezing for a second every so often, like a PS2 game loading off a bad disk. It's not network, and I don't think it's CPU related as when it is running it goes absolutely fine. I went through the absolute palaver of moving it from HDD to my overcrowded SSD and that made no difference either. Occasionally textures are really slow to load in, or the icons for the weapons.

Anyone encountered this and solved it?

if your SSD is nearly full you wont get the benefits of the SSD, some SSD's run slower than a traditional hard disc once they fill up and have no room for cacheing.

11 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

if your SSD is nearly full you wont get the benefits of the SSD, some SSD's run slower than a traditional hard disc once they fill up and have no room for cacheing.

Hmm. Maybe. It runs about the same as it did on the HDD, though that could be a coincidence. I'll try to clear some stuff out see if it helps. It's frustrating as I had it running fine before, many updates ago, and they have made amazing leaps since in optimisation on other devices so I was expecting good results.

17 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

Hmm. Maybe. It runs about the same as it did on the HDD, though that could be a coincidence. I'll try to clear some stuff out see if it helps. It's frustrating as I had it running fine before, many updates ago, and they have made amazing leaps since in optimisation on other devices so I was expecting good results.

What GPU have you got? the latest Nvidia drivers fucked Fortnite up royally, maybe roll your drivers back.

2 hours ago, gooner4life said:

What GPU have you got? the latest Nvidia drivers fucked Fortnite up royally, maybe roll your drivers back.

It is nvidia, a 1050 so no powerhouse but should be enough for this I imagine. I'll look into the drivers too, cheers.

• squirtle changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale Mode