Fortnite: Battle Royale Mode

Yeah, not a fan at the moment. I’ve never liked the water, they’ve not nailed getting out onto any sort of platform properly yet and I’ve lost a few games floundering around trying to jump up. Generally if the later rings are in or near the water I lose heart!

Glad to have the P90 back but snipers without the heavy are shit! The mythics are objectively worse, measured by my eyeball on the lack of competition landing for them. Hopefully the water receding will being new and better things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2020 at 17:31, Rog said:

Yeah, not a fan at the moment. I’ve never liked the water, they’ve not nailed getting out onto any sort of platform properly yet and I’ve lost a few games floundering around trying to jump up. Generally if the later rings are in or near the water I lose heart!

Glad to have the P90 back but snipers without the heavy are shit! The mythics are objectively worse, measured by my eyeball on the lack of competition landing for them. Hopefully the water receding will being new and better things.

Oh God yes this. Ladders were always my nemesis in games, could never climb a ladder to save my life; Fortnite has managed to top that particular nightmare for me :lol: Takes me about three attempts to get out of the water onto a platform.

On a happier note, I got my first solo win of the season last night! Well chuffed.

Got my first solo VR of the season yesterday, having a quick go on my lunch break while working from home. Strange ending, the guy in second was fighting a shark when I killed him :lol: and I have a new favorite skin. 

.Screenshot_20200702-144342.thumb.jpg.65a2101e508a000a0f28d13c267be2ce.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Thanks for putting up with me again last night @Shimmyhill, that victory Royale was certainly spiced up by the surprise flying shark out of nowhere :lol:

7AF44CE4-2382-4DE0-8848-CC0680C03DA3.thumb.png.9aa29899b5be540094245197d13a12bb.png

Was a good win, that fucking shark scared the shite out of me and nearly killed me twice :lol:

We had a mate of mine who hasn’t played Fortnite for two years with us last night, he did well and good fun was had by all - probably for the best you couldn’t hear me screaming on the comms!!

• 1 month later...

New season arriving tomorrow, I’ve still got 10 levels to go to max out the enlightened eternal knight skin (that I’ll likely never use) so planning on hoovering up as many XP coins as I can tonight!

How’ve people found this season? my thoughts:

There was too much water to begin with; at least it didn’t stick around for too long.

I like sharks. Thought they’d be annoying but as the water has receded they’re now easily avoided, and they’re fun.

I like henchmen locations, I think they should stay.

I even like marauders! Though I think they should not be in the later stages.

Not a big fan of mythic weapons. The grappler and the shockwave launches are only useful if you’re skilled with them, and if you are, then they are another tool for really good players to stomp less able players. I’m still average at best at the game, but lots of the measures they’ve implemented (better loot pool balancing, skill based matchmaking, and yes, bots) have helped me to feel like I’ve at least got a chance in most situations. Unless the opponent has the grapple gun/shockwave launcher, then I have little chance.

I thought cars would be a bad addition but actually they’re fine. Can be lots of fun and not too much of a threat to be overpowering.

The whole Epic vs. Apple thing sucks big time for iOS players. Won’t affect me at all as I only ever used my phone for lunch break sessions and while travelling on business, neither of which situations apply currently! But there are a LOT of disappointed iOS-only players who won’t be able to play the new season for who knows how long. At least we got an Apple so in eh :/ (oh and cheaper vbucks of course!)

Looking forward to the Marvel themed battle pass!

10 hours ago, Pistol said:

New season arriving tomorrow, I’ve still got 10 levels to go to max out the enlightened eternal knight skin (that I’ll likely never use) so planning on hoovering up as many XP coins as I can tonight!

How’ve people found this season? my thoughts:

There was too much water to begin with; at least it didn’t stick around for too long.

I like sharks. Thought they’d be annoying but as the water has receded they’re now easily avoided, and they’re fun.

I like henchmen locations, I think they should stay.

I even like marauders! Though I think they should not be in the later stages.

Not a big fan of mythic weapons. The grappler and the shockwave launches are only useful if you’re skilled with them, and if you are, then they are another tool for really good players to stomp less able players. I’m still average at best at the game, but lots of the measures they’ve implemented (better loot pool balancing, skill based matchmaking, and yes, bots) have helped me to feel like I’ve at least got a chance in most situations. Unless the opponent has the grapple gun/shockwave launcher, then I have little chance.

I thought cars would be a bad addition but actually they’re fine. Can be lots of fun and not too much of a threat to be overpowering.

The whole Epic vs. Apple thing sucks big time for iOS players. Won’t affect me at all as I only ever used my phone for lunch break sessions and while travelling on business, neither of which situations apply currently! But there are a LOT of disappointed iOS-only players who won’t be able to play the new season for who knows how long. At least we got an Apple so in eh :/ (oh and cheaper vbucks of course!)

Looking forward to the Marvel themed battle pass!

GG tonight mate, fun games and we nearly snuck a win.... shockwave nearly won it when the other dude blasted himself miles away!

Im not sure I’ve enjoyed this season as much, I’ve only got used to the charge shotgun of late and I hear it’s going... massively OP if you can use it and that’s the theme of this season, a few OP guns ruining what otherwise would have been a fun season!

I only hit level 100 tonight, usually a sign if I’m scrabbling to do it as I’ve not played as much and mostly that’s been as I haven’t found solos as much fun, no traps to dick around with and charge shotguns being the go to loadout put me off.. at least we had snipers back, love the hunting rifle! I quite like the henchmen, much better than the arsehole zombie things anyway - I still think I prefer the original map mind...

My usual duo partner did finish the season on a high earlier on...

12 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

GG tonight mate, fun games and we nearly snuck a win.... shockwave nearly won it when the other dude blasted himself miles away!

Yeah some great games there, I was pretty chuffed with the near win - managed to hold it together enough not to embarrass myself :lol: so that felt nearly as good!

Was also pleased with wiping out FOUR players in quick succession at Risky, while trying to grab a last purple XP coin!

Was good to see you get to 100, I could only manage 155 but never mind - only the boots were left and now it looks like fiery boots so that works well enough!

I really must try to get comms working :lol: Kept grabbing my son’s headphones but couldn’t seem to get the mic working? He uses them all the time while cross playing so I dunno what I’m doing wrong. I should probably ask him :lol:

The Doom emote with the throne is fucking perfect.

Can someone tell me if the matchmaking levels out after a few games? Because the bots are painfully obvious and take a lot of the satisfaction out of the game.

30 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

The Doom emote with the throne is fucking perfect.

Can someone tell me if the matchmaking levels out after a few games? Because the bots are painfully obvious and take a lot of the satisfaction out of the game.

I don't see many bots, only right after landing occasionally. I'm terrible but play quite regular. 

10 minutes ago, Mike1812 said:

I don't see many bots, only right after landing occasionally. I'm terrible but play quite regular. 

See I thought it did it at the start of the season but it's been a very long time since I've played it. I'll keep plugging away, cheers man.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Oh my days at landing in the bathtub :lol:

God I was shouting at my mate at that point :lol:

I thought we were going to get a win but that stupid energy bolt thing is so hard to defend against, I don’t think they were that good but with the OP weapon advantage it was a close second.... again!

Good games as ever, we need to sort out some comms tho!

Yeah I just don’t understand why it’s not working, I’m using my son’s PC and it works fine for him when he’s cross playing. Must be some setting I need to change, it’s weird I can hear you but my mic just seems to do nothing!

On 29/08/2020 at 19:24, moosegrinder said:

I have no idea what to do against those players that build towards you then shotgun you. I can't build for shit. I guess I need to learn that 

I am the same so when i play without my nephews who can build a fucking skyscraper in minutes i used to get caught out loads.

My Fifteen year old nephew has taught me just to throw up walls now when becoming under fire. Silly i know but it does soak some damage if you stagger them and is great for catching the shotgun jumpers too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Do many people on here cross play on a regular basis? I’m pretty certain I’m going back to Xbox for a series x but my main Fortnite buddy is on PS4..... I’ve played many a game with @Pistol so know that side works fine but it’s more the party chat - as I understand it an Xbox and PlayStation should be able to chat in game?

Yes my kids play on PC and switch, with Xbox and PS4 thrown into the mix. Provided you’re in the Fortnite party chat, and not in a console-specific channel, it usually just works for them.

I have actually found a working headset now, so we can test it next time we’re on if you like :lol: (took me long enough!)

How are people finding the Marvel season? I’m really liking it, haven’t played since yesterday’s update but the new Stark stuff looks awesome! Totally going to have to get one of those customisable superhero skins as well, but going to have to save up the bucks for when they come around again I think as I really want the dark reflections pack and I’m not missing out on that again!!

15 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Yes my kids play on PC and switch, with Xbox and PS4 thrown into the mix. Provided you’re in the Fortnite party chat, and not in a console-specific channel, it usually just works for them.

I have actually found a working headset now, so we can test it next time we’re on if you like :lol: (took me long enough!)

How are people finding the Marvel season? I’m really liking it, haven’t played since yesterday’s update but the new Stark stuff looks awesome! Totally going to have to get one of those customisable superhero skins as well, but going to have to save up the bucks for when they come around again I think as I really want the dark reflections pack and I’m not missing out on that again!!

That’s good to hear, I assume the quality isn’t is as good as dedicated party chat but they find it ok?

We will be having a long session tomorrow evening, some duos to start but join in for some squads if you’re on late (early) and we can try out the i game party!

I haven’t played the latest update, best get that downloaded - I’m not a massive fan of the super powers and now there are more I understand....

I don't notice too many bots anymore.

I agree about the Doom gauntlets, hopefully the other powers might balance it out? I did get dicked by someone with the Iron Man blasters so maybe it'll be worse. 

Did get my first solo win of the season yesterday though. 

Can anyone answer this for me...

when my son stays at mine he plays fortnite on

my PS4. His mum has decided to get him a PS4 for him to play at her place.

where does that leave his account? I hate to think how much vbux he’s had while playing on mine.

TL;DR can he use the same account on both PS4’s or will he have to start from scratch on his new PS4? 

Ta! 

• squirtle changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale Mode