rllmuk
grindmouse

Fortnite BR | Season 2.2 - Top Secret!

Cdkeys, didn’t realise it was PS4 only. Not sure if it works like a few older packs, where if you already have the skin it gives the equivalent bucks on top of the advertised; ie subsequent packs might get you more than 2000.

HOLY SHIT all the Star Wars stuff in the shop right now!!

I was tempted by the TIE fighter glider but it’s a First Order one, would prefer the original to go with my Stormtrooper. Then I found out you get a free TIE whisper glider for attending the event this weekend anyway, so I’ll just make do with that!

Well Epic continued their trend of the live events being unable to cope with the load >_>

We got home a bit later than planned. Fortunately the switch logged in first time so we were able to get one account into a match on that, but the Xbox took multiple tries to even log in and then hung on matchmaking.

The event itself was... underwhelming. Initially it was great, the millennium falcon! Tie fighters! Star destroyers! But then the chat was cringe. Seeing the custom JJ Abrams skin was kinda cool, and getting a sneak preview of a first order stormtrooper skin was definitely cool, but god they were rubbish at talking.

The clip of the film itself was neat. and then... LIGHTSABERS!!!! ok that was awesome. unfortunately most people left the match after it became very one sided, we stuck with it which I think was worth it as I got a whole bunch of lightsaber related challenges ticked off, which I feel are going to be a bit tricky to do in normal modes.

I logged in and then found myself with an ‘Input Locked’ message so was unable to move.  Couldn’t reset as getting back in would be a server crash nightmare so had to watch the event over my sons shoulder as he was on the PS4.  Got the TIE Glider, had a quick match with lightsabers 8-) ticked off some challenges and then the switch battery died.  Was still worth it! :D

I posted this over in ATF, but I might get a quicker response here...

My son is really after some of the Star Wars skins, so I’ve added £30 credit to his Xbox account, but when we go into the Fortnite shop and click to buy V-Bucks, it says that he must get permission. We ask for permission and it says to check your email. I’ve looked at both mine and his Outlook emails that are linked to the Xbox, but there’s nothing there (it doesn’t help that outlook seems massively confusing, when trying to find the latest emails), so I’m stumped.

How am I supposed to do this for him? It seems unnecessarily convoluted, just to buy some in game currency.

I didn’t play any of season 9 or 10, but I’ve really got back into it this time. 

I think that as a less skilled player the matchmaking has made it a lot more accessible and I’ve got 3 or 4 solo wins this season having only had 1 or 2 previously. Really enjoying the Star Wars theme too and smashing the shit out of people with lightsabers. 

This needs a Sabers only Team Battle Mode.  I would also be quite happy if they didn’t take them out in 6 days time, but that’s more of a personal preference.  

Yeah I'm thinking squads might be a good option to take them down, if a whole bunch of them concentrate fire on you you're likely to be toast if you're not careful.

It is possible to do solo.  I finished all the challenges yesterday and did the lot by myself.  The hard bit was finding a Saber or Sniper Rifle to take them out with.

(Still hoping they leave the Sabers in, they are just so much fun!)

• Upvote 1

On 22/12/2019 at 22:10, Ivanho said:

It is possible to do solo.  I finished all the challenges yesterday and did the lot by myself.  The hard bit was finding a Saber or Sniper Rifle to take them out with.

(Still hoping they leave the Sabers in, they are just so much fun!)

Cheers for the tip, I got it done easily in a couple of games at this spot!

Anyone still playing this? After a year off I started playing around NYE. I'm enjoying chapter 2 a lot as it seems to have dropped a lot of the goofy items/transport methods and seems more like the original few seasons at the moment.

However, how prevalent are bots now? I understand thats a new thing in Fortnite but i'm getting at least 6-8 kills a game now and sometimes the other players just seem moronic.

I mean, already in less than 1 week I got 2 battle royale wins and also a win in squads. It just seems a little easier. 

It seems much easier... People (or bots) seem unable to aim much of the time, or even unwilling to shoot at all. 

I was thinking the serious players had all moved on to Apex or COD until I heard there were bots. 

Yeah I still play, I really like season 2 for precisely the reasons you stated - it feels more like it used to be with the simpler loot pool and less gimmicks.

Bots is an odd one, some people really hate that they exist at all, others aren't bothered by them. I don't mind them, I'd rather encounter a few bots and get some free loot than just get instantly kerb stomped by the first human I come across :lol:

• Upvote 2

It’s skill based matchmaking in solos so if you are new or not played lots/for a while you will get lots of bits and an easier pool of actual players, the better you get the harder the opponents get and the less bots you see!

Squads has always been easier and isn’t skill based matchmaking 

I've played more Fortnite this season than any other - i really have enjoyed chapter 2.

I don't normally even buy the battle pass, but was tempted for chapter 2, and I'm now at a cool level 198!

And so it begins, my 11 year old Daughter downloaded Fortnite to play with some friends from school, got a Victory Royale in her very first game (vs Bots) and is now asking about whether she can get a PS4. :lol:

• Upvote 3

I got my first solo win the other day, after 152 hours playing(airing to that ps wrap up thing) My heart was pounding by the end.

Really enjoying the changes they've made in chapter 2. Thought it was getting a bit messy by the end of season x. 

• Upvote 3

Congrats! It's a good feeling!

I got a solo win the other day, the shine was taken off it a bit by the fact that after eliminating the 3rd place guy, I spotted the last opponent just as they died in the storm.

Watched the replay and it was a bot, ran into the storm for no obvious reason and tried to apply a medkit :rolleyes:

I forgot to watch the replay! :rolleyes:

I'm pretty confident the last few at least weren't bots, the last guy had built above me so I was shooting up trying to get him to fall and just caught him on the edge of a platform. 

I still haven't got the hang of building. I very rarely do any, reckon I do pretty well considering. 

763574325_Screenshot_20200117-1328072.thumb.jpg.c316672aa70b090ef94b4668d9aee7c1.jpg

• Upvote 1