IGNORED

Ive just started playing Majoras Mask

DJ Sack

THIS TOPIC WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS! SO NO WHINGING :unsure:

Ive had this for over a year now, all minty mint and bought for only 2 pounds. Played for an hour up to the first save point and well, i didnt play it after that. But after getting the bonus disc today and finding it wont work on an american cube ive decided to play the N64 version.

Ive just opened up the first temple, so far, it is a VERY slow start, it doesnt capture you like OoT did or feel as magical. Personally its a bit over bright and saturated for my liking and alien. Putting on the deku mask is fun but so far things seem long winded, i have to learn how to plant beans again for example and the game is a lot more platformy than OoT.

Still its early days and i'll keep you informed as i progress. I'll probably start the first temple tomorrow.

Oh and one question, how long roughly does it take to complete if you dont do every single side quest and go after every single heart?

Ive had this for over a year now, all minty mint and bought for only 2 pounds. Played for an hour up to the first save point and well, i didnt play it after that. But after getting the bonus disc today and finding it wont work on an american cube ive decided to play the N64 version.

Ive just opened up the first temple, so far, it is a VERY slow start, it doesnt capture you like OoT did or feel as magical. Personally its a bit over bright and saturated for my liking and alien. Putting on the deku mask is fun but so far things seem long winded, i have to learn how to plant beans again for example and the game is a lot more platformy than OoT.

Still its early days and i'll keep you informed as i progress. I'll probably start the first temple tomorrow.

Oh and one question, how long roughly does it take to complete if you dont do every single side quest and go after every single heart?

Can be completed in under 20 hours if you know your Zelda games I'd reckon. Despite taking my time, I was pretty disappointed to have finished it inside a fortnight.

What "first temple" are you referring to? Trying to understand exactly where you are ..

The wood temple, think its called that. Hmmm 20 hours is long want to beat my games collection quickly while im off work, still im sure i did OoT a lot quicker than that. And i will keep at it, i know its a slow start, but im hoping the dungeon will improve things. It just starts slow because you dont actually do much for about 2 hours while you try and become link and then actually get out to the swamp and gain access to the temple.

The wood temple, think its called that. Hmmm 20 hours is long want to beat my games collection quickly while im off work, still im sure i did OoT a lot quicker than that. And i will keep at it, i know its a slow start, but im hoping the dungeon will improve things. It just starts slow because you dont actually do much for about 2 hours while you try and become link and then actually get out to the swamp and gain access to the temple.

You're wasting the game, the dungeons IMO are the weakest part of it. If you're going to rush it, I'd recommend you just stop playing.

For me, all of Majora's Mask is the content. And if you whip through this in under 20 hours then hats off to you. This game is rock hard, much harder than OOT, and, IMO, much better. It does start off slow, yes, but when I first put this on when it came out I was just loving every minute of it. It's brilliant and by far and away the best game on the N64. Genius.

I prefer Majora's Mask to Ocarina Of Time too. They're very close, but the time concept fleshes out the world so nicely. I'm convinced the game world is richer; perhaps the developers could put more detail in since everything only exists within a 3 day time frame.

I also like how for each mask, there is some quest or other, from a 10 minute side quest to a whole bloody dungeon! I can't think of any properly good reasons (the ones I've just given are silly), but I know I just enjoyed it (even) more than Ocarina Of Time.

You're wasting the game, the dungeons IMO are the weakest part of it. If you're going to rush it, I'd recommend you just stop playing.

Agreed. Playing about the town was so much more fun than the dungeons. Not to say the dungeons are shit, though.

i think the dungeons just get in the way of the fun bits in zelda, though i do enjoy the bosses.

MM is all about getting all the masks, which is great fun. i suggest you go for the bunny hood straight away, makes the whole game more fun. then the stone mask. enjoy.

As good as Ocarina of Time and the fourth dungeon is the best of all the 3D Zelda dungeons. Breathtaking. Brilliant. Pure Genius.

That's the one where you rotate the place, isn't it? That's damn amazing... well worth it just to see something that beats the snot out of the easy-peasy water temple from OoT. I generally agree with most of the comments here though - truly awesome game, one of the best and certainly a better game than OoT.

A little rough around the edges, far darker (although, back to Zelda roots?) overall and a bewildering sense of non-being (as in, the game isn't about you anymore - just look at the stuff going on around you) make it a classic nobody should pass up.

You really REALLY should not rush this. GET every heart piece, mask, sub-quest. To put it simply, you'll love the world of tarmina. That love sub-quest brings a tear.

Ah er...::runs off to play GC version::

Yeah the love sub quest is great - this whole game is great. My favourite Zelda.

I worked in game. Thus paid them nothing and bought for the same.

What a cock.

Im glad your impressed by it, by how you manage to see it i'll never know. Its one of the perks of the job and i got a whole bunch of games rare and on the cheap from there.

Great game, but the bosses were rubbish. There were only 4, and pretty much every one was inferior to all of OOT's 8. Also, Termina Field lacked a lot of the charm of Hyrule. Apart from that, its amazing.

Hush you, the Twinmold is great, as is Majora's Wrath.

Great game, but the bosses were rubbish. There were only 4, and pretty much every one was inferior to all of OOT's 8. Also, Termina Field lacked a lot of the charm of Hyrule. Apart from that, its amazing.

Hush you, the Twinmold is great, as is Majora's Wrath.

If you're going to post anything more about the game (as you have been doing a lot, recently), use the magic word SPOILER so I don't need to read your posts.

Twonk.