The terrifying, never-ending (old) Star Trek thread - new movies and Discovery talk in the other, dedicated threads

Wiper

To be fair, the only time we got to witness Riker, Star Trek's other "greatest pilot", doing anything piloty was when he used a Thrustmaster to move in a slow turn for a few seconds. Unless you count the time he commanded O'Brien to pilot the two halves of the Enterprise back together again?

1 hour ago, revlob said:

To be fair, the only time we got to witness Riker, Star Trek's other "greatest pilot", doing anything piloty was when he used a Thrustmaster to move in a slow turn for a few seconds. Unless you count the time he commanded O'Brien to pilot the two halves of the Enterprise back together again?

Someone had to grovel to him to do his job in Chain of Command too.

23 minutes ago, deKay said:

To be fair, that was Data piloting :)

Acting under Troi's orders. We know who's to blame there.

In other news I saw this headline on the BBC website and got pretty concerned. Last time they got pissed off they joined the dominion.

IMG_20210719_231016.jpg

8 hours ago, Papaya Dance said:

Acting under Troi's orders. We know who's to blame there.

In other news I saw this headline on the BBC website and got pretty concerned. Last time they got pissed off they joined the dominion.

IMG_20210719_231016.jpg

Surely Troi piloting under Riker's orders? 

11 hours ago, Papaya Dance said:

IMG_20210719_231016.jpg

Definitely the geekiest paragraph I will read today.👍

I’m 16 episodes into Enterprise, and unlike DS9 and Voyager I’m watching every one as it’s been so long (plus I think I’ve only seen them twice).

So far….. it’s pretty good. There’s some decent stand alone stories, a few world-building strands coming together, clear limitations of their technology, and even some character development. It’s a stronger first season than TNG or VOY. 

On the down side, there’s some really gratuitous “sexy” scenes with decontamination gel, or T’Pol falling on Archer, boobs first. 

I seem to remember S2 & 3 being weaker, so will see how I get on. 

• 3 weeks later...

A few places are reporting that various Star Trek series may be leaving Netflix next month. It's not clear if this is global, or only where Paramount+ (what used to be called CBS All Access) is available. Nor is it crystal clear whether it's a blanket migration of all Star Trek property, but TOS, VOY, and ENT seem to be confirmed.

It’ll be tragic if they all disappear. I still haven’t got around to watching Voyager, and old episodes of TNG are always reliable comfort viewing. I’d just assumed they’d be there forever, it seems like the right way for things to be. 

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

It’ll be tragic if they all disappear. I still haven’t got around to watching Voyager, and old episodes of TNG are always reliable comfort viewing. I’d just assumed they’d be there forever, it seems like the right way for things to be. 

Always got free view channel pick.  Guess it’s the curse of Netflix that once licences run out they’ll be snapped up again by the original studios if they want a piece of the streaming pie that Netflix started.  Still pissed Red Dwarf went to Britbox.

In the last day or so I've wanted to watch the Maquis episodes. TNG and DS9 only, they were great, because Voyager wasted the potential of it and didn't do anything good with the concept. It's a shame it ended with such finality with so few episodes. 

On 27/08/2021 at 12:09, revlob said:

A few places are reporting that various Star Trek series may be leaving Netflix next month. It's not clear if this is global, or only where Paramount+ (what used to be called CBS All Access) is available. Nor is it crystal clear whether it's a blanket migration of all Star Trek property, but TOS, VOY, and ENT seem to be confirmed.

Isn't Paramount+ going to be part of Sky's subscription? 

On 25/07/2021 at 22:09, Vespa Alex said:

I’m 16 episodes into Enterprise, and unlike DS9 and Voyager I’m watching every one as it’s been so long (plus I think I’ve only seen them twice).

So far….. it’s pretty good. There’s some decent stand alone stories, a few world-building strands coming together, clear limitations of their technology, and even some character development. It’s a stronger first season than TNG or VOY. 

On the down side, there’s some really gratuitous “sexy” scenes with decontamination gel, or T’Pol falling on Archer, boobs first. 

I seem to remember S2 & 3 being weaker, so will see how I get on. 

Now on Season 2, having just endured “a night in sickbay” with the very obvious stuffed dog prop. 

That’s the only stinker so far, and Carbon Creek where T’Pol’s great grandmother visited earth in the 60s was great. 
It did have another incredibly tacky moment where she had to get changed behind a backlit sheet, though. 
Sad thing is, it probably did entertain a fair portion of the audience. 

B88097CD-4A23-4E70-AA36-B36F6B09849D.jpeg

Unfortunately you're about to endure a run of the very worst episodes that Enterprise produced - the middle stretch of season 2 is painful, culminating in Precious Cargo which is up there with the very worst of Star Trek.

It does pick up a bit in the last few episodes though, and Season 3 is awesome.