rllmuk
sandman

Is "Game" finished?

The Silverburn game shut down suddenly last year when Vodafone apparently offered more rent for the unit. I think some of the staff moved to the Fort one which has now shut, shame. 

1 hour ago, replicant said:

Which is in my case would be ok as the store I was in was the Glasgow Fort and I can easily go to either the city centre or other own of town shopping centres.  Different kettle of fish for other customers who a. might reply on public transport or b. their nearest store could be miles away.

Chances are the Fort store will end up in the Sports Direct anyway which would work out for customers and more importantly the staff.

If that happened to me it would turn a 30 mile trip with free parking into a 100 mile round trip with paid parking to Carlisle for pickup. Amazon it is for me!

Got a £50 Game voucher for my birthday (having asked for eShop vouchers!). 

Anyway, ordered 2 x £25 eShop vouchers the other day and today in the post I have received from Game...2 x £20 Roblox vouchers. What the hell is a Roblox?!

They send vouchers in the post? I thought that had all gone to instantly e-mailing codes these days.

5 hours ago, OneDvBmbr said:

Got a £50 Game voucher for my birthday (having asked for eShop vouchers!). 

Anyway, ordered 2 x £25 eShop vouchers the other day and today in the post I have received from Game...2 x £20 Roblox vouchers. What the hell is a Roblox?!

It's some user created world thing.

Which I think means it's like every other MMO except the creators have to do about 10% of the work for their money.

6 hours ago, OneDvBmbr said:

What the hell is a Roblox?!

Kids game that my niece and nephews were addicted to kinda like a poor man's Minecraft but with hundreds of youtubers making videos about. It was uninstalled from all their devices due to a grooming concern in the media.

Made a somewhat STUPID in retrospect decision yesterday to trade a bunch of stuff in and decided to take store credit over cash.

Now there is no stock of the thing I wanted in store and I can't even order it online because the store keeps giving me a 500 server error when I try and pay. Jeezus. 

WORD of warning ALWAYS get cash when you take stuff into Game. :) Especially if its large ticket items you are taking in (consoles, PSVR headsets etc).

Live and learn. Hopefully I can actually get to use this credit at some point to buy an Oculus headset... I was hoping to have one for the weekend to tinker with too... sigh....

• Empathy 1

Or you could preorder literally anywhere else for zero deposit :)

• Upvote 1

£50 deposit is mental, especially when in the same tweet they’re advertising the fact that it’ll sell out and be hard to find, so they wouldn’t even lose out if you cancelled your pre order because someone else would just buy it instead. 

Please give us cash now. We will definitely have goods available for you in March.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Radish said:

£50 deposit is mental, especially when in the same tweet they’re advertising the fact that it’ll sell out and be hard to find, so they wouldn’t even lose out if you cancelled your pre order because someone else would just buy it instead. 

Cashflow for them. In practice if you do pre order anything from GAME you can’t get a refund if you change your mind, but after the release of the item you can use the deposit as store credit on anything else.

Although of course you ARE taking the chance that there still is a GAME at that point.

Preorder now and we'll guarantee you some flip flops and a football from sports direct. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, b00dles said:

Preorder now and we'll guarantee you some flip flops and a football from sports direct. 

Throw in a biblically huge shite emblazoned coffee mug and we've got a deal. :coffee: