Video game retailers

sandman

Cheers, just ordered a copy. I'll be thrilled if they honor it, as I really wanted this at launch but couldn't justify the 70 odd quid they were after for it. Fingers are very tightly crossed!

Quickly got an order in too. Any other special/collector's editions/steelbooks floating around cheap? If this is the death of physical media I'd like to grab some of the better bits! :)

I've just popped over to have a look at HotDealsUK. I am surprised about the excitement over the price of consoles there. Game seem to be doing a good job of clearing out a lot of old pre-owned stock that, I suspect, many people wouldn't have been too excited about without the current 'imminent closure' buzz/frenzy.

£40 for a potentially 6 year old Wii doesn't seem too incredible. As I mentioned in this thread, maybe this is the result of Game conditioning us to think preowned should cost more!

Might not be for ebay, I heard that one person brought 50 quids worth of games and got 90 quid cash for them at CEX.

So why doesn't a GAME employee cut out the middle man? that is, take that bundle to CEX, get the money and put it in GAME's till.

All the pre-owned LE versions are the same price as the normal versions - I got End War and Uncharted 3, but someone else mentioned Alan Wake in the thread so I suspect the £2.98 is both correct and inevitably never going to be fulfilled.

I'm nipping to game at lunch, if I see any Nier's I'll grab them.

I think we've just stumbled across another advantage of digital downloads! While this isn't the thread for it, I might as well post this here since it just popped up on my other screen: Rumour: Next Xbox won’t include disc drive, out 2013. If that first bit is true and with Sony going hard on the digital side with Vita and presumably beyond, it might have been the death of Game anyway. Edit: scratch that, they've now added a bit about 'solid state cards' to that article. Good job, VG247.

Bloody Ben Parfit still manages to make it part of his "poor retailers" aganda.

I just went a bit mad after a pop down to GAME and Gamestation, bought another 7 games for £15. And a sackboy. That's on top of the 6 games I bought a couple days ago, I've pretty much doubled my 360 collection - that's taken me 4 years to build up - in 2 days :facepalm:

The one I really wanted but couldn't find was Bayonetta. And still didn't buy Brink or the Operation Flashpoints, you can't sell shit after all.

The one I really wanted but couldn't find was Bayonetta. And still didn't buy Brink or the Operation Flashpoints, you can't sell shit after all.

I did buy Damnation, which for some reason my head said was fairly good (in a low 7/10 way) whereas it actually got the excellent review:

"Damnation is a perfect example of a game you shouldn't touch."

I just went a bit mad after a pop down to GAME and Gamestation, bought another 7 games for £15. And a sackboy. That's on top of the 6 games I bought a couple days ago, I've pretty much doubled my 360 collection - that's taken me 4 years to build up - in 2 days :facepalm:

Shame you're so closed minded, those last two games are actually pretty good. Well the second Op Flash is and Brink is a damn fine multiplayer shooter.

Managed to get in and grab a PSP Go, which was £40 after trading in The Force Unleashed 2. It looks new; if it had come with the box I might have thought it was new.

Pretty good as I've been after one for a while, and £40-50 is a pretty good eBay price.

EDIT: Also, that Castlevania title has shot back up to £50. We'll have to see if they honour any of the cheap orders.

Managed to get in and grab a PSP Go, which was £40 after trading in The Force Unleashed 2. It looks new; if it had come with the box I might have thought it was new.

Pretty good as I've been after one for a while, and £40-50 is a pretty good eBay price.

EDIT: Also, that Castlevania title has shot back up to £50. We'll have to see if they honour any of the cheap orders.

They won't charge you the new price will they?

Thinking of cancelling now.

So is there a sale on at Game and Gamestation both in store and online? There're a few £2.98 things on the Game site, they'll probably be more expensive in store though?

*edit* Wait, none of the cheap stuff is in stock. Oh well.

So is there a sale on at Game and Gamestation both in store and online? There're a few £2.98 things on the Game site, they'll probably be more expensive in store though?

*edit* Wait, none of the cheap stuff is in stock. Oh well.

Prices are mostly the same, if anything, cheaper in store.

Went into Gamestation Walsall yesterday and overheard a customer walk up to the counter and say, "This is gonna sound mad, but do you sell SNES games?" :D

Nothing for sale in there, but then I went to the Birmingham branch and got Brutal Legend for £1.98, and Skate 1 for £5 (seems expensive for such an old game that's since had a couple of sequels, but still cheaper than its previous GS/CeX price, and I've always wanted to play it). Then in Game I got Guitar Hero III for £1.98 (I see now why people say the note charting was so much worse than the Rock Band games). When I bought that, the assistant pointed out they had Band Hero for 98p... was that this "upselling" thing that's been mentioned so much in this thread? ;)

Child of Eden (360) - £2.98

Aww, I would've got that if I'd seen a copy. :(