Video game retailers

sandman

The share price will likely gap down on Monday on this news, if Rick still thinks he's getting out with only a £200 loss he will be in for a nasty suprise in the morning.

He has just posted on NeoGaf that the price is now 1.5p, ouch.

Actually, no wait, it's worse:

The Game Group PLC

1.38p -2.12 (-60.54%)

EDIT: Make that 0.98p

EDIT 2: Make that 0.75p

TradingPlaces_4.jpg

I picked up

Metroid Other M

PIKMIN (Wii)

Bulletstorm (X360)

for £4.98 each at Game in the Potteries Shopping Centre (top floor). I have wanted them all at one time or another and now seems like the perfect opportunity. I wished the staff good luck but I can't see it coming true.

This is a company which thinks it can have 3 viable stores in fucking Hanley of all places, 2 of those stores separated by a single escalator.

Was going to post about Hanley actually..I was working at the top floor store in the Potteries when they took over and converted the EB store directly downstairs.. We all thouight at the time that it would only be a matter on months before they closed one of the stores.. and here we are about 10 years later and they are both still open... along with the Gamestation at the other end of town.

Im sure Hanley isn't an isolated case here either, but with property management like this it really is no wonder they are in the shit!

Anyone going to GAME again today for what must be its last few days? I wonder if you're allowed to take photos, I've been to my local store (originally Electronics Boutique) since I had the SNES, the memories :(

Anyone going to GAME again today for what must be its last few days? I wonder if you're allowed to take photos, I've been to my local store (originally Electronics Boutique) since I had the SNES, the memories :(

I'm going to head to my nearest one today to have another look to see if there's anything I wasn't there.

The news on radio 2 has just said that Game have admitted that they're in trouble...

Statement from the GAME Group plc

"Further to GAME's announcement of 29th February 2012 and recent press speculation, the Group confirms that it remains in discussions with its suppliers and lenders in relation to terms of trade that allow the business to operate within the facility provided by its banking syndicate, as announced on 3 February 2012, and to meet its revised strategic plan. While these discussions are ongoing, it has not been possible to source new products from a number of suppliers.

The Board of GAME is working actively to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. This includes ongoing discussions with suppliers, seeking access to the original facility or alternative sources of funding, and reviewing the position of all of its assets in the UK and international territories.

It is uncertain whether any of the solutions currently being explored by the Board will be successful or will result in any value being attributed to the shares of the Company.

Given it's up to £1.21 again now could someone other than Rick Strider actually have made a decent amount of money from this this morning if they were on the ball?

Surely you mean 1.21p? Otherwise Rick would be doing backflips.

Given it's up to £1.21 again now could someone other than Rick Strider actually have made a decent amount of money from this this morning if they were on the ball?

Possibly, but you'd have to be very very on the ball and have access to the real time data. The BBC's stuff is always at least 15 minutes behind which is useless for making a profit in these types of situations. On and I think you meant 1.21p. Rick would be a multi millionaire (well, not quite) if the shares were £1.21.

Absolutely. I suspect that huge bump is some institution saying fuck it and taking a million pound punt on a huge proportion of the company.

They'll probably lose it, but if it works out even a tiny bit you can make huge money very quickly.

I heard that, with shares, the more people buy, the higher the price. and vice versa

if we, as "concerned gamers, who want a dedicated high street games retailer to remain in business" all "buy low", we can "sell high" in a couple of days

we'll be millionaires!

97685.jpg

Ouch re that statement. When a company admits that its efforts may not result in any value attributed to the Company's shares you know it is in trouble.

Yeah, I'm pretty certain that phrase is a required legal device as a precursor to possible administration. It's the last step before it gets reported on the news as "Signalled their intent to call in administrators".

it's going to be all over the fucking place today but tbh it's largely irrelevant because it's mostly institutions speculating on just how fucked it is. They expect 1 in 50 of companies like this to actually survive but when they DO you can easily make 100 times your money if you bought at 0.5p.

Cynical really but it works if you have the money.

Rick Strider Update: He's decided he's so screwed he is going to buy another £50 of game shares.

Another masterstroke from our resident Wall Street genius!

Quote pls. Also, thanks to everyone posting the Rick updates, they're brilliant.

"Advanced stock market simulator", surely?

"GoBuy Social Market Simulator"

"GoBuy Social Market Simulator"

"'GoBuy Social' is announced as a prequel title to the already announced 'GoBang Social', charting the optimistic early days. Players will hope to find success buying comedy chairs, table tennis tables and shares in The Game Group"

I bought Nier yesterday for £2.97. Got home and the box was empty.

:hmm:

I'd say that's a pretty good introduction to Nier's less than optomistic world view (it is brilliant though and one of my favourite games this generation should you find a box that actually has a copy in it).