IGNORED

Video game retailers

sandman

Half my comments have been tongue in cheek.

Fuck will I pay £42.99 for a new release and fuck will I trade any games in there and get fleeced.

I went into gamestation last month as I really wanted the new driver and I heard on here that it was going cheap in most places. It was 42.99 and I walked out without buying anything! Fuxk that shit! I'll buy it for 2 for £20 in 6 months!

In relation to the share price, it's a mega bargain. I'm investing £500 and thinking of investing another £500 next month. GAME have a great brand in the main stream. I told my sister about it and she was really excited and said that GAME were the cheapest for games on the high st, she was surprised when I told her it was a fucking con and HMV were cheaper!

These are the people GAME aim at, people who know nothing really about games. Even people on here, hardcore gamers have been tricked into the whole loyalty card thing....you have to pay £3 for a loyalty card? Fuck that shit! Tesco, shell etc give them away! Do you see?

GAME's real business plan, one they keep hidden away in a safe guarded by satans salty balls is to fleece, con and trick you out of every last penny in your wallet.

That's why I'll be investing, but fuck am I buying any games from there!

Exactly!

I love how they have a sales plan that mirrors al queadas terrorist bombing plan.

First the poor unsuspecting gamer goes into GAME, he knows it's got a poor rep and is still shocked by the poor choice of games, crap decor and small tight shop with very thing crushed in one place so little johnny goes to gamestation, that local independent shop full of hardcore gamers...the sort of place aimed at him and ends up paying the same prices and getting ass raped!

That's why I'll be investing, but fuck am I buying any games from there!

So youre investing in something you acknowledge provides a service you wouldnt ever use, because you know theyre terrible. Ok.

Im not saying its a bad investment, i think they might go back up, but your logic seems mental.

The last time a great british institution was in trouble was the other year with BP. The same speculators came out the wood work crying about how BP were finished etc

Their share price dropped massively and a mate took advantage and made a killing when it went from £3 a share back up to £4.50!

I wouldn't buy from them but they have a cut throat greedy mentality. It's a horrible company that's a cancer on the high st.

That's why it's a good bet!

If the shares are £2 and they drop 2p, you lose 1% of your money. If The shares are 2p and they drop 2p, you lose the shirt of your back.

For the share price to increase 50p when the shares are £5 each would be doable. But these share prices are determined by what the city thinks they are worth. If people but them, they go up. If no-one wants them they go down. And games share

Price is close to worthless. No-one wants them.

You have little to no chance of seeing these shares at 50p any time soon. Also, for the price of 10 game shares you could buy a game for your iPhone, which is a direct download to your

Phone with no game store involved. 5 years ago, that money might have been spent in store but not any more.

The last time a great british institution was in trouble was the other year with BP. The same speculators came out the wood work crying about how BP were finished etc

Their share price dropped massively and a mate took advantage and made a killing when it went from £3 a share back up to £4.50!

I wouldn't buy from them but they have a cut throat greedy mentality. It's a horrible company that's a cancer on the high st.

That's why it's a good bet!

BP are one of the biggest companies in the world, operating in the biggest industry in the world. We're talking bigger than the state-run Chinese electric company. Game have some (small) shops where they sell things people don't need and increasingly can't afford at a higher price than much bigger, more trusted companies do. Hmm, who is the safer bet, I wonder?

Also, going from £3 to £4.50 is not bad, it'd be like Game's shares soaring to almost 10p.

This isn't really true, is it. What about Woolworth's or Zavvi. Which is a lot more comparable to Game than BfuckingP and their fucking OIL business.

Good luck and all, but I think you're throwing money away. The chance of you making significant gains here has to be low.

I've set up an account with Hargreaves lansdown. They have an awesome iPhone app as well. It's like playing FarmVille but you make the money instead of some shitty games company!

GMG are up 10% this morning. Ive lost out on a £50 profit waiting for my account to be authorised!

Dividends are paid twice a year and they've been averaging 2p a share. I could make back 4p a share next year at least so 70% of my investment and year 2 I'll be in the profit just sitting on my ass!

Woolworths USP was pick and fuxking mix. They went down as there was no market for them.

Zavvi was sqeazed out.

GAME has the hearts and minds of the masses and this thread has proved that many hardcore still go there due to the loyalty card.

It's like an abusive relationship with a drunken wife beater. You always go back for expert advice to help you choose what's good and have a chat with the experts so you feel important, but to mention pre-ordering those hard to get AAA Xmas games before they're sold out!

I'd avoid making any long-term investment in any retailer whose core business is selling content via a physical medium, whether it be games, films, books or music.

Nintendo, Sony and MS don't want digital to succeed. Physical bug budget games are going no where.

No one buys PC games anyway so DD won't effect game much especially when they'll be offering DD soon!

My local HMV is shockingly bad. It has a games section tucked away in a corner and again give more shelf space to pre-owned. They have one of those units up that have four screens and four consoles. (with usually none of them on), but that is it.

Gamestation is close by and much better and friendlier than my local HMV, it can be quiet in there, but I would say more than half the time I am in there it is fairly busy.

My local HMV didn't used to be too bad though I did notice that all but about one of the games I went in to buy were cheaper elsewhere. Then about two months ago they had a big refurbishment. Took all the dedicated sections for DVDs out and just put them all in loose semi-alphabetical order, greatly reduced the space for movies, new games and music that isn't popular top 20-type stuff, and filled literally half the shop with things like £200 headphones.

Doomed.

Nintendo, Sony and MS don't want digital to succeed. Physical bug budget games are going no where.

No one buys PC games anyway so DD won't effect game much especially when they'll be offering DD soon!

WHAT!?!

They want to pay the retailers a cut of the profits?

The Publishers (and therefore the companies directly responsible for the hardware selling, because games sell hardware) want the retailers to continue to help themselves to another 100% of the profits from 2nd-hand sales?

Really?

Look at how EA games cost shitloads on PSN. They are hardly encouraging it.

Nintendo love money but hardly seem to push DD.

They need the retailers to push their consoles. The PSPgo failed for this very reason.

It failed for way bigger reasons. You're mad, you're gona take a loss I think.

Look at how EA games cost shitloads on PSN. They are hardly encouraging it.

That's WHY they love it. Because they set the prices and get 100% of the money

Nintendo love money but hardly seem to push DD.

Except, you know, the virtual console stuff and the DSiware shop thing (I don't own a wii, and my DSlite isn't exactly "used" so can't really comment)

They need the retailers to push their consoles. The PSPgo failed for this very reason.

The PSPgo failed because it didn't ALSO take UMDs, which were cheap, and which didn't just include games, but movies too.

You have little to no chance of seeing these shares at 50p any time soon. Also, for the price of 10 game shares you could buy a game for your iPhone, which is a direct download to your

Phone with no game store involved. 5 years ago, that money might have been spent in store but not any more.

We hadmobile games 5 years ago. GAME didn't get that money either. GAME isn't interested in your 69p games. They would rather sell you a game for £5 more then the competition. That's nearly a 20 of your 69p games in pure profit on top of what the compitition is making!

We hadmobile games 5 years ago. GAME didn't get that money either. GAME isn't interested in your 69p games. They would rather sell you a game for £5 more then the competition. That's nearly a 20 of your 69p games in pure profit on top of what the compitition is making!

Wait, are you arguing for or against GAME?

That's WHY they love it. Because they set the prices and get 100% of the money

Except, you know, the virtual console stuff and the DSiware shop thing (I don't own a wii, and my DSlite isn't exactly "used" so can't really comment)

The PSPgo failed because it didn't ALSO take UMDs, which were cheap, and which didn't just include games, but movies too.

So it failed because you couldn't buy AAA disc based games from your local friendly GAME at a premium price including top quality pre owned or trade in your used games that you don't need any more to pay towards brand spanking new AAA games?

Gotcha!

Wait, are you arguing for or against GAME?

The gamer in me is arguing against. The business man in his shirt and tie is arguing for GAME!

So it failed because you couldn't buy AAA disc based games from your local friendly GAME at a premium price including top quality pre owned or trade in your used games that you don't need any more to pay towards brand spanking new AAA games?

No, because you COULD do all that, but you couldn't USE them WITH the PSPgo.

@ Rick Strider: Its kind of ironic that by dismissing the advice of the experts, you're behaving in the same in-the-dark uneducated way as the people paying 42.99 for new titles in GAME.

GMG shares are a good buy. I've used my own knowledge to make an educated bet that the share price will go up as detailed in the last 5 pages.

I've been playing games and having fan boy flame wars for 20 years. We are all more experts than the likes of pachter and other analysts.

In 3 years, the market will be very different. I agree with what you guys say, DD is coming, the Internet is changing things but I've got confidence in GAME. I don't see it going anywhere. They will adapt, they own the games market in the UK and will continue to adapt.

Now go fuckinf buy some games from GAME. If laying £7 below rrp is too much then get a 2nd job or trade in some games and enjoy some AAA goodness!

No, because you COULD do all that, but you couldn't USE them WITH the PSPgo.

So what your saying is, the PSPgo failed because you couldn't buy games and trade in games at GAME?

GMG shares are a good buy. I've used my own knowledge to make an educated bet that the share price will go up as detailed in the last 5 pages.

I've been playing games and having fan boy flame wars for 20 years. We are all more experts than the likes of pachter and other analysts.

In 3 years, the market will be very different. I agree with what you guys say, DD is coming, the Internet is changing things but I've got confidence in GAME. I don't see it going anywhere. They will adapt, they own the games market in the UK and will continue to adapt.

Now go fuckinf buy some games from GAME. If laying £7 below rrp is too much then get a 2nd job or trade in some games and enjoy some AAA goodness!

So what your saying is, the PSPgo failed because you couldn't buy games and trade in games at GAME?

Amusing. Well I look fwd to witnessing your ups/downs. You might make money...its just when do you jump ship? I assume youve done 500 quids worth?