Video game retailers

sandman

Im no expert but Super Audio CD or even FLAC sounds way better than vinyl. People may well learn to live without it, but I don't see it going anywhere yet.

Obviously no one can account for what another person hears and how they qualify that inside their own heads, but consider that an analogue signal has an infinite potential for expression and that a digital signal is limited by a pre-determined resolution, and you can't possibly conclude that the digital source has the highest chance of sounding either closest to the originally intended sound or "better" in the sense that it is of higher quality. Sorry bro.

EDIT: On topic, one of my earliest videogame purchasing memories (when I went into a shop myself, chose a game from the shelves, studied the back of the box for what seemed like hours, and made the decision in my head that yes, this was the one I wanted to spend all my arduously saved weeks of pocket money on) was in an EB in Brighton, and the game I picked up on that day was The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for the SNES. I must have been about 9 or 10 at the time and the resulting weeks of gameplay that purchase led to defines an early period of discovery in my life associated with walking into a shop and choosing something carefully from the masses of product available. It's a shame to see this happen, but look at how we buy games these days. It can't be a surprise to anyone!

I was in today..Bulletstorm and Bayonetta 2.98 each, I picked up Deadly Premonition for a fiver and Split Second for £8. I kept hearing people asking to order ME3 and Fifa Street..the official line was "we're not stocking that title at launch". Presumably carefully worded from head office. They have prominent trade-in leaflets on the counter offering 35 quid for ME3. I asked about Vanquish being £3 and was snorted at, told website prices are obviously different to instore, and made to feel an idiot for asking.

I was told in another Branch that the stories are untrue, the people who have been leaking have been sacked, and that Branches are no longer being sent emails due to leak worries. Price changes are having to be done by manually scanning every single game. They seem to be working the staff into the ground even more, aswell as making sure they know theyre not trusted. The CEX opposite was heaving, incidentally..and most new releases were still at £42.99. I made my retreat with Scribblenauts DS for a fiver (for my mother), and Samurai Showdown Sen for 98p.

What are you going to do with your time when Game closes down!? :lol:

These daily updates from the shopfloor are amazing.

Game and Gamestation staff look like they have a busy day on their hands today. All the reduced pre-owned stock is being repriced manually, which is mainly why not all the formats have been re-stickered yet. I got to Gamestation at about 10.15 and they were taking stock off the shelves, scanning every title, stickering and putting them back out. They were still on XBox 360 letter S while I was there.

Lots of titles are £1.98, some non sports games for 98p (I got Dark Sector), lots of past year sports games for 48p. PS3 stock seemed cheaper in some cases (eg Medal of Honor), nothing reduced on PSP yet, not even to match the website offers.

Overall I bought 9 titles from 3 stores and had friendly service with no upsell / cross sell ... apart from an offer to scan anything not yet re-priced to see if it had dropped, which was appreciated. Best in store experience in Game for more than 10 years!

All the Nottingham Game/station stores are looking pretty empty. I could have sworn the PS3 pre-owned section was 3 times the size not two days ago. There are some cheap games but nothing that really grabbed me or I didn't already own. I did see Child of Eden for £2.98, which is worth anyones money at that price.

A lot of stock has been taken off the shop floor to be restickered, but I'm guessing the shelves will start to look very bare once the weekend is over. Will be interesting to see if there's a second wave of price drops once they assess the weekend's takings.

The end is deffinately coming. Went into the local and loads and loads of pre owned 360 stuff is down to a fiver and some even around 49p - 99p. Picked up Alan Wake. The guy behind the till was fairly mellow and said he was thinking of picking it up himself, I said he should probably wait till tomorrow when he could probably pick it up for free! He laughed and said the company line was that it was all sunshine and smiles, told him he should save up all the store display stuff and ebay it and not feel the least bit bad, we both agreed the High street needs a shop like game though.

Anyway, get in there now before only FIFA 200X remains!

Eight games for under £20 in Gamestation (Bath) just now. I took a loyalty card too as I felt a bit bad. Much as I've moaned about them in the past I do hope they stick around somehow, I've been going into that branch for seven or eight years, got my Wii and DS Lite there. They'd take some good memories with them if they went.

I'd have a wander into town to buy a shit load of games I'd never play for pennies, but I'd never play them. Someone posted something like "10 games for £22.98!! Bargain!!" and the photo was the biggest pile of fucking dross you'd ever seen. It's amazing what some people would spend them money.

I have a bunch of GS credit but nothing much to spend it on at the moment, outside of SFxT (which I can't even play until I've sorted my telly.) I'm wondering if I should just buy a bunch of MSPoints and SEN wallet funds; at least then my money would be safe(ish) and I wouldn't feel pressured into buying tat...

I'd have a wander into town to buy a shit load of games I'd never play for pennies, but I'd never play them. Someone posted something like "10 games for £22.98!! Bargain!!" and the photo was the biggest pile of fucking dross you'd ever seen. It's amazing what some people would spend them money.

6 games for £15.

I have a bunch of GS credit but nothing much to spend it on at the moment, outside of SFxT (which I can't even play until I've sorted my telly.) I'm wondering if I should just buy a bunch of MSPoints and SEN wallet funds; at least then my money would be safe(ish) and I wouldn't feel pressured into buying tat...

That's what I'd do, Qazi. They're not stocking SFXT anyway.

This is what I did at lunch. I now have £65 in my PSN Wallet :unsure:

Managed to trade F1 2011 on Vita for £5 more than I bought it for which was a bloody nice surprise.

Random sneaky pic

2012-03-08133706.jpg

Halo 3 for £1.99 is pretty damn good. I don't play many 360 games but will take a punt on a few things. If something is a bit more expensive I usually just use the phone to find a quick review.

They also had some ancient PC games on the till , stuff they must have just had lying around. Deus ex 2 and others, just manuals and disc, no boxes.

Most pointless of all is the fact these people don't actually tell us which games they bought and for how much!

Especially as most stores haven't finished re-stickering everything, this information might be worthwhile!

Tsk, 'these people', eh. Well here's my list if it helps.

PS3 White Knight Chronicles - £4.98

PS3 Legendary - £4.98

PS3 Enchanted Arms - £2.98

360 Dark Sector - £0.98

PS3 Kane & Lynch 2 Ltd Edition - £1.98

360 Operation Flashpoint - £2.98

PS3 Resistance 2 - £2.98

PS3 Blazblue Calamity Trigger - £1.98

360 Alpha Protocol - £1.98

Just went into my local one and there were some alright deals. Came out with fallout new vegas and resident evil 5 for 4.98 each. Cheaper than they would be online by a few quid but nothing spectacular. I glanced at a few other but I just thought I wouldn't play them so it wasn't worth it whether I thought they were cheap or not.