Video game retailers

sandman

Popped in the Liverpool Game & GS today.. Came out with a copy of Stranglehold (98p) Ninja Gaiden 2 (1.99) and an Old Republic Guide (4.99).

Strangely though I didn't feel the need to be condescending to staff, ask about ME3 pre-orders or test their general gaming knowledge... What's wrong with me? :unsure:

i think i may have actually served you lol

I believe this statement is incorrect.

after all the secrecy regarding this issue ill happilly admit that im not SURE here but im pretty sure. marting would never sau why he was closing so suddenly and his staff would only point out the stupid flaws he was making but seeing as there pretty fucking kool the info came from sources they do actually talk to still

:D .. Small world....if it was a guy in a black suit looking slightly stressed then it was me!

Genuinely feel for you guys at the mo :(

well there were three of us on but im pretty sure i remember selling those games like . and yeah it is a small world theres still people talking about the chip shop on here

god i miss spanner and dale helping me make good choices

Quite a haul I got. I felt sorry for the girl who had to put everything into boxes. Thankfully it wasn't busy. I'm just glad I got in before the weekend.

Here's the rundown, then:

Nier (360) - £2.98

Deadly Premonition - £4.98

Child of Eden (360) - £2.98

Bulletstorm: Elite Edition (360) - £2.98

Bayonetta (360) - £2.98

Vanquish (PS3) - £2.98

Shadows of the Damned (PS3) - £2.98

Resistance 2 (PS3) - £2.98

Killzone 2 (PS3) - £0.48

Castlevania (PS3) - £2.98

Bionic Commando (PS3) - £1.98

Henry Hatsworth (DS) - £2.98

Disaster: Day of Crisis (Wii) - £1.98

Metroid: Other M (Wii) - £4.98

Opoona (Wii) - £1.98

Trauma Center (Wii) - £1.98

Then can you answer my question? :D Have you got Marvel Ultimate Alliance on 360 in stock?

Whilst i don't keep a stock check in my head i dont think we do lord street might do though and you can always ring ahead its easier for us to check than you

well there were three of us on but im pretty sure i remember selling those games like . and yeah it is a small world theres still people talking about the chip shop on here

god i miss spanner and dale helping me make good choices

I'm not actaully local to Liverpool but always make a point of popping in when Im over there with work.

Then can you answer my question? :D Have you got Marvel Ultimate Alliance on 360 in stock?

Oh yeah sorry missed your question... I didnt see any copies while browsing.

Whilst i don't keep a stock check in my head i dont think we do lord street might do though and you can always ring ahead its easier for us to check than you

Heh, I didn't expect a definitive answer off the top of your head :P Just wondering. Cheers. :)

Bulletstorm is surprisingly good.

In a room of games lying unplayed, yet to be started even, I finished it yesterday. So much more to the game than I thought there'd be. I'd go as far as to say the advertising didn't position it correctly at all.

You missed the thread when it originally came out? It's one of the most positive love-ins ever witnessed on this forum. It was an excellent game even when it was full price, and now that it's dirt cheap nobody has an excuse to skip this anymore.

Was in at the Metro Centre tonight. Some fucking ebay hawker buying 20+ copies of the games. Thought that was bad enough, but then he said "I'll come back" SA: "Can I just clarify, you want one of each of these?" Ebay Guy: "No, I want them, and every copy you have of those games". Gutted, he had some I was after as well.

So hands up, who was it on here?

(Oh and my lass bought a few games, got charged £5 more for one of them, and he put the wrong game in anothers box :facepalm:)

Was in at the Metro Centre tonight. Some fucking ebay hawker buying 20+ copies of the games. Thought that was bad enough, but then he said "I'll come back" SA: "Can I just clarify, you want one of each of these?" Ebay Guy: "No, I want them, and every copy you have of those games". Gutted, he had some I was after as well.

I hate those guys. We have a couple of them active in Sydney and sometimes when there's some sweet deals on rpg's if you don't move within an hour every single copy is gone. It's not illegal and if the store is looking at getting rid of stock they won't really care who buys them. As a customer though it's annoying. Doubly annoying when you see it happen before your eyes and they turn around and say they'll onsell to you for near retail.

It dropped off a lot though after digital downloads became popular. Or maybe I don't see it as much because my only current gen consoles now are handhelds and the Wii.

I don't think anyone is going to make much money on these if they are buying to sell, probably a few quid at best and take out the legwork just not worth it. I say let the dumb hawker sit on his worthless pile of plastic.

At some point i was expecting to pull a copy of Kane and Lynch 2 out of cornflakes

So hands up, who was it on here?

(Oh and my lass bought a few games, got charged £5 more for one of them, and he put the wrong game in anothers box :facepalm:)

I was there tonight as well and saw this fucker trawling the shops clearing out everything. I managed to get some stuff I wanted from Gamestation as he was obviously just starting his rounds. He had huge piles of games building up behind the till and was getting them to bring out stock for him. At one point there was a pile of about 15 Gears of War 2 for him, I was glad I'd swiped one of the shelf just a moment before.

Then he left with the assistants trying to sort all these games and I next ran into him as he was leaving Game with another assistant in his wake sorting out more huge piles of stuff ready for his return. I imagine he was off to the other Game in the red mall.

I asked the guy in Gamestation about him and was told he was a very regular buyer and ran a successful ebay business. I know people have to have a job but at that moment I was really hating him.

CastlevaniaCEPS3.jpg

£2.98.

Cheers, just ordered a copy. I'll be thrilled if they honor it, as I really wanted this at launch but couldn't justify the 70 odd quid they were after for it. Fingers are very tightly crossed!

Oh yeah, and sure enough the deal has been posted at HDUK, and the usual vultures are chest beating about ordering up 100 copies. :(

Oh yeah, and sure enough the deal has been posted at HDUK, and the usual vultures are chest beating about ordering up 100 copies. :(

I think we've just stumbled across another advantage of digital downloads! While this isn't the thread for it, I might as well post this here since it just popped up on my other screen: Rumour: Next Xbox won’t include disc drive, out 2013. If that first bit is true and with Sony going hard on the digital side with Vita and presumably beyond, it might have been the death of Game anyway. Edit: scratch that, they've now added a bit about 'solid state cards' to that article. Good job, VG247.

They really do go out of their way to absolutely make sure no one ever actually gets a bargain, don't they?