Most insensitive/tasteless game of year

Liquid Myth

The topic of insensitive games has been raised a couple of times on this forum, but has any game this year really stirred you up as to being insensitive?

For me, it most definetely has to be that "Freedom Fighters" malarky.

It pisses me off no end, due to the blatantly ridiculous notion that the game serves. Yes, the cold war has been used time and time again within games, but none so ridiculously (that includes Red Alert) as this. The basic premise involves the Russians taking over the USA, with your character collecting together some "Freedom Fighters" and fighting back.

Replace the use of "Russians" with "The USA" and "The USA" (the second bit) with "Iraq" and the game most definitely will have never ever seen the shelves. I'm not saying that the Iraqi "Freedom Fighters" were ever correct, but to say it would be if it were America smacks of hypocricy [sic?] in the ultimate sense.

Replace the use of "Russians" with "The USA" and "The USA" (the second bit) with "Iraq" and the game most definitely will have never ever seen the shelves. I'm not saying that the Iraqi "Freedom Fighters" were ever correct, but to say it would be if it were America smacks of hypocricy [sic?] in the ultimate sense.

Not true. Conflict Desert Storm 2 was released eerily close to US led second invasion of it. Clearly Dubya is in cahoots with the publisher.

I wish there were more 'tasteless games'. Somehow I prefer controversial games to all the cliched stuff that's out there, because you get something new for a change. Well, as long as the gameplay is good obviously (like Manhunt). But maybe that's just my own sick taste for horror and political incorrectness. Playing a game which has a dubious morale is half the fun!

Not true. Conflict Desert Storm 2 was released eerily close to US led second invasion of it. Clearly Dubya is in cahoots with the publisher.

Yes but that was always planned fore release then since the series was announced ages ago. I hate it when people bring that one up. What should they do just chuck away all their hard work because some morons decide to go to war.

So Conflict Jungle Storm was always planned to be the next one. If the US decides to go to war with N Korea will the developers be to blame again seeing as it was planned along with the first one?

Wouldn't have been delicious irony if at the end of the game it pointed out to you "you fought to the death for your country, just like they did for theirs."

Never happen though, I bet the end is all God Bless Rome, er, I mean America...

Yes but that was always planned fore release then since the series was announced ages ago. I hate it when people bring that one up. What should they do just chuck away all their hard work because some morons decide to go to war.

So Conflict Jungle Storm was always planned to be the next one. If the US decides to go to war with N Korea will the developers be to blame again seeing as it was planned along with the first one?

True, I was probably grabbing for an obvious example. I cannot actually think of any tasteless games.

I was watching Louis Theroux's program the other day (about the neo-nazis in America) and they mentioned that there was a game called "Ethnic Cleansing" released by some bunch of no-marks. The aim of the game was to wander round a ghetto shooting black people.

It's unlikely to turn up on the shelves of GAME, but I think it certainly qualifies as being tasteless and insensitive.

PS for some bizarre reason I haven't downloaded it myself, so I can't comment any further. perhaps someone less genteel than myself would care to review it?

I was watching Louis Theroux's program the other day (about the neo-nazis in America) and they mentioned that there was a game called "Ethnic Cleansing" released by some bunch of no-marks. The aim of the game was to wander round a ghetto shooting black people.

It's unlikely to turn up on the shelves of GAME, but I think it certainly qualifies as being tasteless and insensitive.

PS for some bizarre reason I haven't downloaded it myself, so I can't comment any further. perhaps someone less genteel than myself would care to review it?

Took me some time to track it down, but it looks like a very poor Doomish game and I won't install it. But for those who love this kind of stuff, I've found quite a goldmine here:

Definitely not work or FBI safe

Took me some time to track it down, but it looks like a very poor Doomish game and I won't install it. But for those who love this kind of stuff, I've found quite a goldmine here:

Bloody hell. Nazi supermen are our superiors :)

Its quite an interesting site, really, I looked at one of the messageboards it linked to, their version of history regardin Martin Luther King is quite strange... I'm not sure what to make of it all, defacing it would be fun.

What amazed me, that no-one seems to have commented on, was when the little girl was saying how the black were hiding in the trees, and you had to listen for them making gorilla noise.

What the fuck?