rllmuk
Marlowe

Netflix - Releases & Recommendations

1 hour ago, ZOK said:

Anybody watching Cheer, about the Navarro junior college cheerleading squad training for the national championships? It’s really good.

:unsure:

2 hours ago, ZOK said:

Anybody watching Cheer, about the Navarro junior college cheerleading squad training for the national championships? It’s really good.

Yeah, it's excellent. Only thing that annoyed me was they didn't go back or challenge her about her forcing the guy with the injured back to continue practice when he was weeping in pain. Surely that's an insurance no-no?

1 minute ago, neoELITE said:

Junior Cheerleaders :unsure:

What exactly are you trying to say?

12 minutes ago, Festoon said:

Yeah, it's excellent. Only thing that annoyed me was they didn't go back or challenge her about her forcing the guy with the injured back to continue practice when he was weeping in pain. Surely that's an insurance no-no?

I just saw that episode today - it was insane that she made him carry on, and that he carried on. It’s all a bit cult-like in that regard.

Just now, neoELITE said:

Yew know.

You’re very odd.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, ZOK said:

You’re very odd.

It's a bit of gentle ribbing Zok. A bit of fun. A whimsical, nudge nudge kind of joke to suggest you might be a bit dodgy watching 'Junior Cheerleaders'. 

Jesus

6 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

It's a bit of gentle ribbing Zok. A bit of fun. A whimsical, nudge nudge kind of joke to suggest you might be a bit dodgy watching 'Junior Cheerleaders'. 

Jesus

Yeah...it’s fucking weird, you fucking weirdo. Get fucked.

Just to change the subject, Ozark season 3 is out today. 

• Upvote 4

S2 of Car Masters: Rust to Riches is up.

I love the 4k car programs. Can’t wait for S2 of Rust Valley Restorers!

Ryan Reynolds is in talks to produce and star in a live action Dragon's Lair movie.

10 hours ago, JohnC said:

Ryan Reynolds is in talks to produce and star in a live action Dragon's Lair movie.

:huh:

On 27/03/2020 at 06:15, neoELITE said:

The Two Popes

I second this in particular - it’s fantastic, a real grin-fest. Watching Anthony Hopkins and Jonathan Pryce talking to each other for 2 hours is a rare pleasure. The characters are really well drawn and it’s very funny too. One comes out the end with a real sense of respect for the 2 men and wanting to spend more time in their company. 

And if I may offer my own recommendation of a Netflix original - Marriage Story. This movie runs the full gamut of human emotion. Not unlike The Two Popes, it offers an intimate portrayal of the relationship between 2 people which starts bad but ends.. if not good at least amicable! Scarlett Johannson and Adam Driver have never been better and Noah Baumbach’s script is some of his finest work. 

Binged Tiger King today. Felt it ran out of steam by the final couple of episodes, but episodes 1-4 are deliriously good. Was always going to be tricky maintaining that pace.

1 hour ago, the_debaser said:

Screwball documentary is on Netflix about doping in sport. It’s pretty great. 

That’s a fun doc, another one with ‘they can’t be real?!’ characters.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Is Tiger King a genuine factual documentary, or a fictitious series presented as a documentary?

Factual documentary.

thoughts on Tiger King, as the episodes unfold

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Upvote 4

Really enjoyed Tiger king so far but it's definitely cheeky in the way it presents the revelations. All documentaries are somewhat manipulative in the editing but this goes a bit too far for my taste.

Just finished episode 4 and it is declining in quality; feeling a bit jumbled now. Hope it picks up at the end.

• Upvote 1

Anyone watched The Platform?

• Upvote 1

I liked Tiger King all the way through, and the way they presented it was great imho.

I think the reason they did it the way they did is because they wanted it to be entertaining, which it is.

• Upvote 1