IGNORED

Netflix

Marlowe

No bother, I can just watch it on the laptop. Parks and Recreation seemed a bit shit.. but I'll give it a few episodes to settle in as its supposed to be good.

Give it till Season 2 ep 2. Parks gets so so good from season 2 onward. S1 is a blip.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is so good. I'm into the second season and I absolutely love it. Proper laugh out loud at regular intervals and I don't laugh at TV that much. I love how narcissistic they all are and how there's not that character with a conscience. They're all just dicks. Likeable, but dicks.

I fear it will fade as time goes on but I don't want anyone to tell me that.

For those uninitiated think Curb meets... I dunno. Just watch it. Cringe TV without the cringe.

Dude it just gets better and better

Man from Nowhere - (Korean) - A Quiet Pawnshop owner gets sucked into a gang war while trying to protect a young child he's befriended.

Personally speaking i though it was as good as Infernal Affairs, which i loved... *****

Do NOT judge Parks n Rec on the first series. It's good, but the second series is such a crazy step up in joke to time and hit-ratio. Funniest thing on telly.

I would say Party Down, but Starz cat has been pulled :/ Gonna get worse too, netflix is going to the shitter with all their content providers demainding 10 times what they originally paid 5 years ago.

I watched Transendent Man, it was pretty good.

The selection of foreign films on US Netflix is really excellent.

Currently watching a great French thriller Point Blank, and over the last few days I've been working my way through Johnnie To's backcatalogue, seen an Alfonso Cuaron I'd not seen before (http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0102958/), and watched Waterlilies, the first film from the director of Tomboy, which I also loved.

Such a great service!

Yeah, it's excellent for foreign films as well as independents and documentaries. Several of these films I'd struggle to see otherwise without resorting to nefarious means (and even then it'd be a hunt).

I've been putting together a queue of sorts on Letterboxd of anything I've discovered that looks interesting or has been critically acclaimed:

http://letterboxd.com/arewenotben/list/netflix-us-watchlist/

Edit: Oh yeah, Ted Talks are on there now too.

Yeah, it's excellent for foreign films as well as independents and documentaries. Several of these films I'd struggle to see otherwise without resorting to nefarious means (and even then it'd be a hunt).

I've been putting together a queue of sorts on Letterboxd of anything I've discovered that looks interesting or has been critically acclaimed:

http://letterboxd.com/arewenotben/list/netflix-us-watchlist/

Both the OSS 117 movies are on there too, from the same team that made The Artist.

http://letterboxd.co...x-us-watchlist/

edit. got one.

Caught up with a couple of rec's from here

Really liked the Elmo bloke doc, quite touching, wasnt so keen on chasing ghosts as it made me cringe quite a bit and i just found it a bit dull and sad

I watched sleeper cell years ago, recall liking the first series and the second being shite

Couple of nice documentaries I@ve watched recently on the US Netflix:

Special When Lit - combines a brief history of pinball with bits and pieces talking to fans, players and collectors of pinball. Some interesting characters in there but the thing that encompasses all is the sheer love for pinball shown.

American Scary - looks at US late-night television horror hosts. You know, Elvira or Robert Prosky's character in Gremlins 2. NIce insight into a phenomenon that many in the UK wouldn't even be aware of. Made me want a job as a horror host as it just looks so much fun. :)