IGNORED

Netflix

Marlowe

Anyone having issues with unblock us? I change the region and sometimes Netflix loads up the titles for that region but gives me an error when i try to play it. It states I'm in the wrong region and says I'm in GB.

Other times it just loads up the UK selection. I'm with sky for broadband so not sure if it's them messing about with DNS.

After I heard about the issues with Hola I've switched to Tunnelbear. Seems decent and I seem to have less connection issues with it. Not bad for an extra 3 quid or so a month to get non UK listings I guess.

The Nina Simone documentary. Jesus, I was familiar with some of the music but had no idea of the anger from arising from thwarted ambition to be the first black female concert pianist, the abusive marriage, and undiagnosed manic depression. Why is creative genius so often accompanied by these problems?

Mississippi goddamn, indeed.

I watched Parallels. Didn't know it was a pilot but twigged that it was about half way through. As a stand alone film, it's not very good.

Made exactly the same mistake. I take it it was originally intended to be a pilot for a series? Doesn't really work as a movie, but it could have been good if they'd carried on with it.

I recommended this film in the documentary thread earlier in the year but I also believe the film is on the US Netflix - How to Die in Oregon.

It is a documentary about assisted suicide in Oregon, the first state to legalise such a practise, and it is absolutely devastating. It follows terminally ill cases going through the process and manages to be as life-affirming as it is heart-breaking. It is one of the toughest films I've sat through but it really is essential viewing.

The Nina Simone documentary. Jesus, I was familiar with some of the music but had no idea of the anger from arising from thwarted ambition to be the first black female concert pianist, the abusive marriage, and undiagnosed manic depression. Why is creative genius so often accompanied by these problems?

Mississippi goddamn, indeed.

Thanks for making me aware of this, it's really good.

I'm enjoying The River at the moment, but it's a guilty pleasure. Only got the one season before its abysmal ratings got it cancelled so it had better not be too much of a cliff hanger ending.

It tied up pretty much everything as far as I remember when I watched it a couple of years ago. It was quite good, I thought!

What's the name of that cartoon that's a bit like Eerie, Indiana with a brother and sister battling all sorts of odd stuff in an odd town? It's on a foreign Netflix, I think. I've watched a couple of episodes, and want to watch some more, but can't remember the name of the show.

What's the name of that cartoon that's a bit like Eerie, Indiana with a brother and sister battling all sorts of odd stuff in an odd town? It's on a foreign Netflix, I think. I've watched a couple of episodes, and want to watch some more, but can't remember the name of the show.

Gravity Falls.

• 2 weeks later...

Nacht nachmachen or "never ever do this at home" is on German Netflix and features two middle aged men laughing uncontrollably as they carry out experiments like making a rocket powered rotary washing line or warming an entire bottle of wine in a microwave with predictable results.

Its all in German with no subtitles or anything but if anything that adds to the experience.

I know its old but I have only just got round to watching the Battlestar Galactica series from 10 years ago and its frakin awesome. About half way through season 2 already.

Having looked online I can see that there were numerous tv movies made but Netflix only seems to have Blood and Chrome. Is it worth me seeking out the stuff like Caprica and Razor?

Also I understand that there was a final 5th season yet Netflix only seems to have seasons 1-4 which is a bot of a bummer.

It's all there - bar a couple of tv movies. Season 4 was split into two halves over two years, there is no season 5. Although it is excellent up to a point, just wait until midway through 3 then watch the show quality plummet fast.