IGNORED

Netflix

Marlowe

The Kissing Booth    (1/5)

The Kissing Booth 2 (3/5)

The Kissing Booth 3 (0/5)

I.....well, I....jesus...

These need a long post, which I will write - the main question is why America is the world's dominant culture when they are so utterly fucking weird.

On 10/08/2021 at 22:52, multi said:

Oh man, the new sports doc series Untold is up now, the first one Malice at the Palace, about a bit of a riot at a basketball game is all kinds of amazing. It's something I'd never ever heard of but it's utterly essential viewing.

I hope the rest of them are as good as this.

Netflix do sports docs so, so well. Absolutely fantastic story this.

I'm watching this now.

Its excellent and the events makes Cantona at Palace look like Gary Lineker giving a very brief, sly smile to the away end after scoring a goal.

On 02/09/2021 at 15:30, Uncle Mike said:

Basically Fast Five redux with extra Ryan.

Hey, remember that law enforcement guy from Fast & Furious? Remember the actor who played Wonder Woman? Remember the sarky guy who played Deadpool? Here they are doing those things in a film together.

15 hours ago, Ste_S said:

Hey, remember that law enforcement guy from Fast & Furious? Remember the actor who played Wonder Woman? Remember the sarky guy who played Deadpool? Here they are doing those things in a film together.

I mean, you're talking about an awful lot of money there.

4 hours ago, the_debaser said:

New 9/11 documentary, Turning Point, is brilliant. 

It's missing massive parts of the whole story though. 

Not once has it been mentioned why everyone was interested in Afghanistan in the first place. 

Watch Bitter Lake first for the full story. 

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Part 5 of Money Heist is a great disappointment, 3 episodes in, imo. None of the subtlety and cleverness that went before.

I'm only two episodes in but it seems like a straightforward continuation of parts 3 and 4, which were already much more OTT and cartoonish than the first two. Everything's turned up to 11, all the time. I love it, but the original heist is the only one that's got any subtlety or cleverness.

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

I'm only two episodes in but it seems like a straightforward continuation of parts 3 and 4, which were already much more OTT and cartoonish than the first two. Everything's turned up to 11, all the time. I love it, but the original heist is the only one that's got any subtlety or cleverness.

I'm with you on this.  It's waaaaaay OTT but I have to say the last two episodes got me hooked again after the first 3 I felt were a bit dull.  Part 6 out December!

Yeah Money Heist has really lost its way from the first series - ep2 of the current batch is literally just people running round the bank with machine guns, flame throwers and grenades shooting at each other with a firing accuracy not seen since the peak of The A Team.

It's drivel, it was always drivel of course but the first season seemed like clever drivel somehow.

This is a remake of the 2018 Danish film (which is incredible) which had the same title.

This version stars (as well as Gyllenhaal), Ethan Hawke, Riley Keough, Christina Vidal, Eli Goree, Da'Vine Joy Randolph, Paul Dano, and Peter Sarsgaard and is released on the 1st October.

Highly recommend trying to get hold of and viewing the original version as it is so good. Think you can rent it on Apple+

11 minutes ago, cassidy said:

So did I get that wrong when I watched Bitter lake?  Was I thinking of this? 

Turkmenistan–Afghanistan–Pakistan–India Pipeline

Gonna have to watch it again now. 

It’s a pretty fringe theory about a motivation behind the invasion that doesn’t really sit in any serious historical documentary. I wouldn’t expect the Netflix doc to cover it at all, as I don’t think there is any evidence to back it up. Same as the “Syrian Civil War was about oil/pipelines” stuff that was bandied about later. It’s not like the US need an excuse to bomb people. Not everything is deeper than it appears.

15 hours ago, Gotters said:

Yeah Money Heist has really lost its way from the first series - ep2 of the current batch is literally just people running round the bank with machine guns, flame throwers and grenades shooting at each other with a firing accuracy not seen since the peak of The A Team.

It's drivel, it was always drivel of course but the first season seemed like clever drivel somehow.

Just finished part 5. This is what happens when you want to milk a successful series but don't have any ideas. Dreadful.

It appeared in the Space thread, but 'Countdown: Inspiration4 Mission to Space' is worth a watch.

It's a four part documentary following the first all civilian mission to orbit, which is happening next week. Little two much documentary wank at the start but as soon as it turns to the mission and people it's good.

The first two episodes follow the initial setup and crew selection. They're good stories and pretty touching without being too schmaltzy.  One of the crew is a former patient of the children's cancer hospital they're fundraising for.  The sweepstake seat winner is space geeky family guy.  The entrepreneur winner has a really lovely story.

Monday's episode is crew training.  The actual launch should be Tue/Wed. They'll be a follow up episode of the actual day trip assuming they don't all die horribly. They touch upon that in the second episode, interviewing the husband of an astronaut who died in one of the shuttle accidents.

Next week's launch will be rather tense for me.  Other than generally not wanting people to be die, it's easy to be attached to these people.

My favourite horror writer has a film based upon one of his novels coming out November 29th. 

The novel is set in Birmingham, this is a Mexican woman moving to America. I'm disappointed in that and the trailer doesn't really show the two horrible characters that were absolutely central to the novel but.... it might be good.

Adam Nevill wrote The Ritual that was released a couple of years ago. 

4 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

A real missed opportunity - I can't think of anything more disturbing than an entire film set in Birmingham. 

Ho ho ho.

It's as much about the protagonist being unable to escape poverty as it is their inability to escape the house.