Netflix

Marlowe

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

I'm really hoping Don't Look Up is doing something more with that cast than a simple climate change allegory. McKay certainly likes to hammer home a point so could see that getting a bit tiring.

The Wacky Hair And Make Up is a little worrying too,

I thought Kate was pretty good as well. Largley thanks to Winstead's presence. Also agree with @Fargo that the Japanese setting was great and looked beautiful throughout. There's one shot where Winstead is on a rooftop putting together her sniper rifle with an animated neon advert on the side of a skyscraper behind her. It looks sweet as.

9 hours ago, Monkeyboy said:

I thought Kate was pretty good as well. Largley thanks to Winstead's presence. Also agree with @Fargo that the Japanese setting was great and looked beautiful throughout. There's one shot where Winstead is on a rooftop putting together her sniper rifle with an animated neon advert on the side of a skyscraper behind her. It looks sweet as.

yeah that scene was great, lots of Ghost in the Shell vibes. The roll she does with the sniper when jumping between buildings was cool too. 

On 08/09/2021 at 15:56, grounded_dreams said:

Adam McKay's nw feature is stacked with an amazing cast, releases on 24th December:

That looks utterly God awful.

From his performance in that trailer it should also be re-titled "Leonardo Di Caprio Needs a Shit".

1 hour ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

I'm watching Kate now and barely made it 15 mins before it annoyed me 

Hide contents

Highly trained assassin laying low decides to boost some ridiculous Cyberpunk car and drive like a dick in some terrible CGI chase with the cops. 

:lol:

I turned it off at that point. Went back to it a day or two later as everyone else said it was good. It wasn’t. 

Squid Game, new Korean series is now up. Bunch of people volunteer to play a bunch of kids games for money. Turns out its all a bit "Battle Royale".

First episode was good. Nice premise. Hopefully it's another Alice In Borderlands style surprise.

45 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

What’s the reason for it having a 15 rating? My son is keen to watch it.

There's a bit of swearing in it from what I can remember, Taylor Hawkins likes to drop a few fucks and "ass"'s

What are they supposed to use, man, “harsh language”?

My TV app got the “Play Something” shuffle feature and it’s actually pretty good at finding a random sitcom or Star Trek episode or something.

55 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

What are they supposed to use, man, “harsh language”?

My TV app got the “Play Something” shuffle feature and it’s actually pretty good at finding a random sitcom or Star Trek episode or something.

Well, yeah, just “Bad language” would do!

Really enjoyed Kate. I'm a sucker for anything set in Japan, and thought they made real good use of the neon drenched setting. Thought Winstead made a really good action lead as well. 

Definitely a bit clichéd, but very enjoyable.

It’s doing my nut in just how good Fullmetal Alchemist is turning out to be. I was 24 eps in, loving it and thinking ‘this must be near the end’, then 

Spoiler

Hughes was killed :(

and now it’s really gone up a gear (I’m on ep 33)…human experimentation, internal factional military conspiracies, genocide, the individual vs the state vs organised religion, cute cats and dogs - this show has got it all. It really couldn’t be more up my street if it tried.