IGNORED

Netflix

Marlowe

1 minute ago, ZOK said:

No idea then, sorry! I think if you’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled it though and still get the same issue just with that app, it sounds like it’s an issue with the app version.

It only started happening this last few days and the app hasn't had an update since the 9th, so who knows. It's only Netflix that does this too. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

2 hours ago, deKay said:

There doesn’t seem any way of closing apps on mine.

That looks like the same generation of WebOS as on my LG. If that's the case then you close apps by moving the highlight - either with the directional keys or the magic pointer thingy - up to the top left, where the app name is. Once you're there, an X should appear next to the app name, and that's the close button.

(I do tend to close apps manually whenever switching because leaving them running in the background - which it seems to do by default, like Android - has caused problems in the past. That's also one of the reasons why I have Quick Start disabled, which I would agree is good advice - it didn't ever seem to make a huge difference to performance anyway.)

On 03/09/2021 at 14:47, Wickedkitten said:

Only 15 minutes until part 5 of Money Heist. Love the fact im off today and can watch it before spoilers pop up everywhere

I just finished part 5 and can't wait until the second half of Part 5 arrives 8th December.

I agree with others that it changed after Part 1, probably based on its success. I wasn't too keen at first, but found that I couldn't stop watching and got pulled all the way through to the end of Part 5. It's this really interesting blend of bank-robbing-criminal-gang and soap-opera/drama. Some of the characters are fantastic. Some of the love triangles are fantastic. Some of the later heist/action situations are fantastic. I've really enjoyed it.

On 27/09/2021 at 18:48, deKay said:

Anyone else have an LG TV and finding that when they come back to Netflix after being put on standby, it has crashed?

Won’t respond, but other apps on the TV all work fine with Netflix just hung in the background. Have to inplug the TV to get it working again.

Sony TV here but we recently started to get problems with Netflix which required unplugging the TV. We switched to the Netflix app on xbox and it is so much quicker, more stable and even has a much improved UI. 

10 hours ago, deerokus said:

Seinfeld is on now. It's been on shitty all 4 for ages, thankfully don't have to put up with that anymore.

This is good news. I detest All 4, it's like during the design process they had an overseer who didn't understand what they were overseeing who was present in all meetings screaming "IT MUST PLAY ADVERTS!!!!". the amount of times that app resets playback of a show after forcing adverts down your throat, and then you cant fast forward back to where you were before is ridiculous.

12 hours ago, deerokus said:

Seinfeld is on now. It's been on shitty all 4 for ages, thankfully don't have to put up with that anymore.

Yes it is. 
I’ve seen it all before, and I’ve got some fancy pants box set with scripts and all that that I never look at….
But I’ll be back onboard ASAP - so much good stuff in there it’s incredible. 

I never think that posting clips will ever convince a non fan to give it a go as it’s so much better when you know the characters and back stories. 
Also has a catalogue of terrific cameos like this:

Just finished Sex Education season 3. It had some great bits but, like so many shows, Season 3 is where is stops being essential viewing for me.

Spoiler

The school becoming regressive and oppressive seemingly had no point. Neither did Jemima Kirke's character. Bringing in cartoonish baddies feels contrary to the intelligence and understanding the show is famous for. Also they ruined a great Peaches track. 

That said, they covered a lot of topics sensitively and well, like NB and Trans issues. It's just starting to rankle that these guys are going to be in sixth form until they hit 30. Which is about 3 years away for most of the actors.

There's an almost infinite amount of material for future seasons, as we navigate so many new things. It might be about time to bring in a younger cast to play the schoolkids. Like maybe Gary Oldman.

On 29/09/2021 at 06:06, NexivRed said:

Midnight Mass. The is really rather good. Really enjoying it. A very good script and really vibrant cast. It’s super the light provoking, for me at least. Anyone else watching?

Just finished episode 1. I'm reeled in! 

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

Ive never seen it. Even at the time I thought it looked awful and I can’t stand his voice. 

Understandable on both counts, but it is one of the greatest sitcoms of all time.

That’s good advice, it’s basically golden from 3 through to the end. There are some good eps in season two but those first two seasons didn’t properly find their flow, especially when compared with what came later.

You can always go back to one and two later as once you love the characters they’re much more palatable. It’s not even like they’re stinking the place up like Parks & Recs did initially, it’s still a good show. In fact they don’t even really change anything, but it’s like a Rolls Royce bedding in after it’s first few thousand miles. After that it’s 160 episodes of pretty much unbroken greatness. 

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

You can always go back to one and two later as once you love the characters they’re much more palatable. It’s not even like they’re stinking the place up like Parks & Recs did initially, it’s still a good show. In fact they don’t even really change anything, but it’s like a Rolls Royce bedding in after it’s first few thousand miles. After that it’s 160 episodes of pretty much unbroken greatness. 

Name most definitely checks out. 

I’ve picked up where I left off on E4 - how the hell is it in widescreen? I mean, what have they done to achieve that? Surely it’s been cropped??