IGNORED

Netflix

Marlowe

On 16/11/2021 at 04:26, Bucky said:

The dialogue in Red Notice is way snappier than it deserves to be.

Are you serious? It was so predictable and tropey.  Terrible film. 

Ryan Reynolds is so overrated. He's literally done the same "wacky" adlib nonsense for years now. It was amusing the first couple of times, but jesus it's a it boring now. 

6 minutes ago, robdood said:

Are you serious? It was so predictable and tropey.  Terrible film. 

Ryan Reynolds is so overrated. He's literally done the same "wacky" adlib nonsense for years now. It was amusing the first couple of times, but jesus it's a it boring now. 

I have such a confusing errection right now.

Narcos:Mexico. I bounced off the original Narcos quite hard initially before falling in love with it  on the 3rd attempt and found the same sort of thing happening here, have stuck with episode 1 & 2 and it's already got it's  hooks in me. Fuck your $1 a month price increase Netflix , I still have shit to watch and every time I think I can justify dropping the service they release or I find something worth the subscription.

On 05/11/2021 at 07:26, Gambit said:

Unsurprisingly that Red Notice film is supposed to be utter shite. Anyone tried it?

I thought it was hilarious, but i have a bit of a thing for Reynolds.

Genuinely don't understand how it cost $200m though, unless it was salaries.

Thought season 3 of Narcos Mexico was great. Especially liked the storyline of the cop investigating the killing of Mexican women.

But what on odd place to leave the story. They practically finish on cliff hangers, even though they knew they wouldn't be making any more.

Hellbound, then. Anyone watched this? 100% on RT, and The Guardian have their 'so much better than Squid Game'' article up (it's another South Korean show).

The series centres around the graphically violent actions of a team of demons, who hunt down sinners who have been previously visited by a celestial being who has informed the victim of their date and time of death.

The giant hairy creatures incinerate their victims and send them to hell, prompting an outbreak of public hysteria and religious zealotry.

Sounds fun! Apparently it's really hardcore and brilliant.

5 hours ago, Eighthours said:

Hellbound, then. Anyone watched this? 100% on RT, and The Guardian have their 'so much better than Squid Game'' article up (it's another South Korean show).

Sounds fun! Apparently it's really hardcore and brilliant.

I watched it all on the weekend. Although it was shorter, it didn’t hold my interest as well as Squid game, and although there are characters who appear throughout, it seemed weirdly aimless about who the protagonist was supposed to be, which stopped me from being as invested as Squid Game. It wasn’t awful, but I’m not sure I’d be up for a second series. The bargain basement CG didn’t help either, and Between this, Eternals, and Edge of Tomorrow (To pick just a few) I’m a bit sick of formless monsters that look like the inside of that cardboard box you keep all your old phone chargers and scart cables in. 

Inspired by gogglebox watched the first ep of the Kevin Hart & Wes Snipes limited series called True Story (it’s not one) - surprised at the lowly rotten toms score as the first ep is pretty good and they both seem pretty decent with Hart essentially playing himself and Snipes his bad apple on the make older brother.

Bloke behind it is the Narcos guy so good pedigree there too, can only assume the plot goes to shit after the good setup ep.

1 hour ago, Sidewaysbob said:

Voir. 

Suprisingly good. 

I thought it was a bit general, I preferred the last episode which focused on 48 hours and talked about it's place in society.

I hoped that it would focus in on specifics more - one of the creators of this did Every Frame a Painting which I thought was amazing. He did one on the use of chairs in movies - a topic that I never even thought about

On 03/12/2021 at 22:06, Festoon said:

14 Peaks is excellent. About a fascinating man. A Nepali man so it's far more interesting than the usual 'white bloke pontificates about mountains'.

Huge recommend. When they start peak 3 hung over you'll be gawping like I was. 

This was excellent. So good I watched it twice in a week. 

On 05/12/2021 at 11:45, ZOK said:

I noticed David Lynch’s Dune is on the Netflix splash screen at the moment.

I watched the first 30 minutes and it held my attention well, but my goodness it looks ropey! It was made around the same time Ridley Scott did Blade Runner, but the props are very rubbery and the effects more Flash Gordon than Star Wars.

4 hours ago, Harrisown said:

Currently watching The Unforgivable.

Its probably a good example of why I don’t bother watching movies anymore. The way they shoehorn things in to make a point.

I think Sandra needs to read her scripts before she accepts these jobs.

I think she needs to accept her age.

12 hours ago, Festoon said:

I think she needs to accept her age.

Yeah, bad from her.

It's not like the entertainment industry is unable, systemically, to offer good roles for women aged 30 or more, notably by keeping (for example) filming couples with men 20 years older than women without even explaining it.

Including the forecoming Kitbag, an historical movie with Joachim Phoenix (born in 1974) playing Napoleon Bonaparte and Jodie Comer (born in 1993) playing Joséphine de Beauharnais, Bonaparte's true love.

For the records, Josephine de Beauharnais was six years older than Napoleon Bonaparte.

But yeah, it's Sandra Bullock's fault.

27 minutes ago, Disgraced Toblerone said:

Yeah, bad from her.

It's not like the entertainment industry is unable, systemically, to offer good roles for women aged 30 or more, notably by keeping (for example) filming couples with men 20 years older than women without even explaining it.

Including the forecoming Kitbag, an historical movie with Joachim Phoenix (born in 1974) playing Napoleon Bonaparte and Jodie Comer (born in 1993) playing Joséphine de Beauharnais, Bonaparte's true love.

For the records, Josephine de Beauharnais was six years older than Napoleon Bonaparte.

But yeah, it's Sandra Bullock's fault.

I understand that and agree but it's not the point I was making.

It was clearly nonsense to show flashbacks of Bullock, who could be creditably thought to play 30, with a child sister and not expect people to see them as mother and daughter. Just cast a young actor to play Bullock, like they did with the sister.

It's just common sense.

2 minutes ago, Festoon said:

I understand that and agree but it's not the point I was making.

It was clearly nonsense to show flashbacks of Bullock, who could be creditably thought to play 30, with a child sister and not expect people to see them as mother and daughter. Just cast a young actor to play Bullock, like they did with the sister.

It's just common sense.

Yeah, but again, blame Netflix, the director, the scriptwriters, the casting director, whoever was in charge. Blaming Bullock feels wrong.

1 minute ago, Festoon said:

I thought she was the producer, so hence my curiosity.

Oh, I could stand corrected on the minutiae.

But I think my point still stands. There's a reason actresses are so prone to surgery to appear younger - and it's nor their fault or their responsibility. They have no choice if they want to work.

Well, let's get back to the last korean drama!