Netflix

Marlowe

Ok, just done ep 2 of 1899 and this has just got even better. Ending with another classic banger.

There has been some signposting with repetition of some obvious symbolism and tropes of the genre etc but it's still a big old mystery box of What The Fuck.

But I'm all in for this now. Also looks sumptuous on an OLED* 

Could perhaps sustain its own thread but I've not got the critical nous to start one for it, but someone else please do once you've watched the fantastic 1st episode.

*Yup, went there

Watched the first episode of Wednesday and thought it was excellent. Jenna Ortega is really good, the support cast are all quality and they've definitely spent a few quid because it looks great. Tim Burton uses a lot of his favourite tricks and the Danny Elfman score is quality. 

There's a lot of plot getting set-up in the first one but it handles the multiple threads easily. I'm not going to rinse through it but I'm definitely in for the whole thing. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Monkeyboy said:

Anyone seen Troll? Worth watching?

It's alright. Its literally just Norwegian Godzilla.

I mean, the first half an hour or so of the film is almost beat for beat the same as Godzilla 1998. It's quite impressive how shameless it is.

Sitting here just sort of stunned at some of the closing scenes of Pray Away.

It’s not just the American hands up, eyes shut, calling to Jesus worship. It’s that “ex gay” people are obviously finding support and validation in that type of prayer. And it helps them cope with keeping the truth crushed inside them. 

Heartbreaking. 

Watched del torros Pinocchio last night. Been looking forward to it for over a year now, was really hoping for something really dark and horrific but was quite let down by it being more of a family film with an edge. 

Still enjoyed it, it’s good. It’s a million times better than the Disney remake. 

Jenna Ortega is brilliant. The other Addams characters are great. The rest? Could just be any other American high school fantasy drama. If you don't mind those (Sabrina, Riverdale etc.) you'll probably enjoy it. If you can't stand those, it won't be for you.

My husband has gotten into Korean drama Alchemy of the Soul, and a weird thing has happened.

The new episode became available yesterday, and I could see it on the iPhone app; LG telly app, however, begged to differ, and just showed a message, “Available 17th September”.

Having now watched it off the phone and checked the TV app again - it’s still not available, but shows as played. :lol:

Never seen that before. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Can you force quit an app on whatever OS LG use? Maybe it’d work after a restart. 

You can ‘exit Netflix’, which I have done, but that didn’t help. I’ll restart the TV, maybe that’ll do the trick - it’s not as if the app has hanged or is no longer connected, because it has continued to track my progress on other shows, updating the ‘continue watching’ list for example. It just doesn’t want to recognise that Alchemy of the Soul is available. 

I mean, I hate the show, I’m very much with the TV on this one, maybe I shouldn’t be complaining. 

10 hours ago, Popo said:

I mean, I hate the show, I’m very much with the TV on this one, maybe I shouldn’t be complaining. 

I'm with your husband on this one. I'm really enjoying Alchemy of Souls too. It's a fun mix of 'traditional Korean', magic, sword fights, zombies, and rom com.