IGNORED

Netflix

Marlowe

Does anyone know what

"New Releases"

&

"Recently Added"

actually mean. They just seem to be a load of old stuff that's been on there for ages.

No, it seems totally random to me, really old stuff stays around, new things don't necessarily appear, madness. Can't understand why the presentation is so crap when the underlying service is excellent. Sometimes they tweet, often they don't. Why have two categories in the first place? New releases may be more recently produced items, that's the only distinction I can make.

I had the option of selecting profiles when I logged in this evening, excellent addition.

Only recently signed up, but I've been very impressed with the service so far (when coupled with Unblock US). I've rewatched some 24, Arrested Development and Parks and Recreation, then tonight I've started the magnificent House of Cards. I use Netflix Mexico, and there has been a huge amount of content dubbed/subbed that I haven't seen anywhere else, a staggering amount.

Does anyone know what

"New Releases"

&

"Recently Added"

actually mean. They just seem to be a load of old stuff that's been on there for ages.

It front-loads stuff it thinks you're going to want to watch, so the newly added thing will show you relatively newly added stuff it thinks you'll like. New releases will show new stuff (i.e. TV show and films from the last year). I think. I've found that you go to the website and actively tell it you don't give a shit about certain things, they drop off the list after a while. But one of the sites that catalogue all the new stuff is the easiest way to go.

Sinister suffers from the same problem as Insidious.

Proper chilling for the first 30-45 minutes, loses the plot from there. Ironically when the plot starts to unravel.

It's still a better and scarier movie than Insidious though for my money.

I've been keeping my eye on that istream site someone linked to a few days ago. New releases keeping springing up backdated, e.g cowboys and aliens is listed now as added on 9th August, which suggests to me they don't have any inside track and are relying on people spotting things or some other non-systematic approach.

I promise to stop posting about this, it's getting tedious I know.

May be old news but I just noticed Brandon Cronenberg's Antiviral on either the US or Canadian Netflix (possibly both).

Already seen it, but definitely recommend. Really seems like a chip off the old block, so evocative of his father's work it raises concerns as to whether he can find his own film making identity, but the body horror here is well done and easily on par with Videodrome and Dead Ringers. Good performances throughout, go watch it.

May be old news but I just noticed Brandon Cronenberg's Antiviral on either the US or Canadian Netflix (possibly both).

Already seen it, but definitely recommend. Really seems like a chip off the old block, so evocative of his father's work it raises concerns as to whether he can find his own film making identity, but the body horror here is well done and easily on par with Videodrome and Dead Ringers. Good performances throughout, go watch it.

It's also on UK Netflix.

Good lord. Used Media Hint to get onto US Netlflix...I don't even know where to begin :omg:

I also gave this a shot today, but I appear to have no luck with it buffering. My internet speed is generally fine, and I have no problems with the service using my PS3. I'll have a fiddle about with the laptop, see if I can fix it. I used to use the DNS trick on a PS3, but the the console I have now is a wired 20gb model, so that trick is out.

When it works I'll begin with Super.

How much is unblock out of curiosity?

Seraphim Falls. ***** Brilliant cat & mouse chase of a western which takes a bit of a surreal turn and is all religious/allegorical by the end. Brilliant film.

My Amityville Horror. ****. Fascinating portrait of one of the kids caught up in the Amityville bullshit. He's quite likeable but a massively damaged ball of anger. He's still claiming all that spooky stuff happened. A bit depressing but an interesting film.

I also gave this a shot today, but I appear to have no luck with it buffering. My internet speed is generally fine, and I have no problems with the service using my PS3. I'll have a fiddle about with the laptop, see if I can fix it. I used to use the DNS trick on a PS3, but the the console I have now is a wired 20gb model, so that trick is out.

When it works I'll begin with Super.

How much is unblock out of curiosity?

What? No. Network settings > custom > click through until you get to DNS and put in 176.058.107.053 & 158.255.215.175 > click through the rest.

Voila - American Netflix.