IGNORED

Netflix

Marlowe

Joint Security Area is great, no idea it was on Netflix.

I recently watched Fish Tank, a British drama starring Michael Fassbender and a main actress cast after she was was found arguing with her boyfriend at a train station and was cast. Excellent film.

Mia, an aggressive fifteen-year-old girl, lives on an Essex estate with her tarty mother, Joanne, and precocious little sister Tyler. She has been thrown out of school and is awaiting admission to a referrals unit and spends her days aimlessly. She begins an uneasy friendship with Joanne's slick boyfriend, Connor, who encourages her one interest, dancing.

5 stars!

Watched Man Apart last night, not a bad little film. Also, as I am off sick at the moment I went back to my childhood and watched The Rise & Fall of WCW and Road Warriors. If ya like your wrestling they are both worth a watch.

There's loads of wrestling stuff on there. All the WWE domumentries and lots of other good stuff. Class.

Has anyone been watching Boss? Kelsey Grammer plays the mayor of Chicago - I think he's meant to be Mayor Daley. He's a corrupt, scheming crook but at the start of the first episode he's diagnosed with a degenerative brain condition. Over the next few years he's going to slowly loose his faculties, start hallucinating and generally die a slow death. He tells no one this and as well as trying to look after his health he's trying to keep his crooked empire intact by bullying, bribing and generally being a bit of a cliched heel.

Kelsey Grammer is very good and I love the way Chicago is shot. I watched the first 2 but it hasn't really grabbed me yet. Is anyone following it up? I notice it's on Netflix until the end of the month.

Just one episode from the end of the season and it's gets pretty great the further in you get. I'd say it's like a lightweight West Wing crossed with The Wire/Sopranos. Except, er, not as amazing as that makes it sounds obviously. Kelsey Grammer is great as Mayor Tom Cain.

Edit: Only on Netflix until Feb 24th as it's part of the Starz content deal.

Might be US only but BBQ Pitmasters is a good find, typical US style reality with bad guys and good guys (the 3 time world BBQ champ being my fave nasty bit of work)

Worth a look if you like bbq and this kind of thing as they take part in various competitions (life time winnings off hundreds of thousands dollars for some of them so big money in it)

I've pretty much been chain-watching episodes of Sons of Anarchy since I signed up to Netflix. Fantastic series about a biker gang in the states. There's a thread about it in this very folder, but I suggest you go in blind - the first episode will tell you if it's for you or not, and if it is, you won't want to risk spoilers. 3 seasons currently on US Netflix.

Also watched Borgia: Faith and Fear. Mistakenly thought this was the series people had been harping on about at work (The Borgias), and got a fair few episodes in before an argument about the cast set things straight: Jeremy Irons is not in this one, but Rawles from The Wire is. Salacious, but very enjoyable and, to the best of my understanding, not without historical accuracy.

Might be US only but BBQ Pitmasters is a good find, typical US style reality with bad guys and good guys (the 3 time world BBQ champ being my fave nasty bit of work)

Worth a look if you like bbq and this kind of thing as they take part in various competitions (life time winnings off hundreds of thousands dollars for some of them so big money in it)

I've watched quite a few episodes of it and I love looking at that delicious looking meat, but they cook the same meat every week and nothing much really seems to happen. They need to spice it up somehow, it's not quite on a Storage Wars level.

They have all of 'Married With Children' on the US catalouge which is 12 seasons of awesome comedy which makes a lot of sit-coms around today look like the crap they really are. I was suprised how well it's aged too, my wife had never seen any of it at all but even the very first episode (from way back in 1987) was great. Watch it!

Yup, not only the same meat on BBQ pitmasters but the same recipes, a novelty prog i reckon.

I love storage wars, also found season 2 is on History HD on sky, need to find the Texas spin off too. Just me or is Brandi hot, Jarrod punching above his weight

For anyone interested, Oldboy is available on the UK Service, as well as the other two films of the Vengeance Trilogy - only Lady Vengeance is available on the US Service.

Decent film that's well recieved, and I can concur with the praise.

Even if it's all bloody horrible to watch at the end!

Sad to hear about the starz fiasco.

Are there any significant tv shows going as a result of this? Not bothered about Spartacus as I have both series on bluray.

Party Down is the main one for me.

I noticed that Elite Squad: The Enemy Within from last year is on Netflix US which I'd recommend. I watched the documentary Countdown to Zero (about nuclear weapons) the other day, rather terrifying. Gets too preachy near the end but worth watching.

It has been mentioned already in this thread BUT I really do implore everyone to watch the TV series Boss with Kelsey Grammer. It really is brilliant and as a side note has increased my desire to own an ipad one day. :)

A great drama that deserves a second season

if the mayor was not killed off as only on episode 3

obviously - this is the reason for this thread - but lack of ability to really, properly, browse and discover stuff is getting on my tits.

My wife and the kids use Netflix more than I do - so all the recommended stuff I get and customised entry page is all based around shitty romcoms and kids programmes... I sat in front of Netflix yesterday looking to see what I could watch and after about 20 minutes just gave up and played Skyrim instead. They need to do something about that...