IGNORED

Netflix

Marlowe

I noticed that Bo Burnham has a new standup on Netflix called "what". It's really great. Not quite as good as his first one but still incredibly clever and funny.

Well, I started watching it. It was occasionally amusing, but he's a constant dickhead.

Went to watch fast five and no subtitles for the portuguese parts. Same with a good day to die hard for the russian parts. if you try and put the full subs on it just says speaking portuguese or speaking russian. Very poor netflix, very poor

Apparently it's a common problem with films that have are in english but have small parts with foreign language in. They remove the forced subtitles thus making the film unintelligible. One of the star trek films has been taken off cos they removed the translated subs for the klingon parts and the trekkies/trekkers/blokes who still live with their parents kicked off about it

Apparently it's a common problem with films that have are in english but have small parts with foreign language in. They remove the forced subtitles thus making the film unintelligible. One of the star trek films has been taken off cos they removed the translated subs for the klingon parts and the trekkies/trekkers/blokes who still live with their parents kicked off about it

But surely they'd understood the Klingon perfectly.

I found this site that lists UK and US releases:

http://netflixukvsusa.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/alphabetical-list-ktue-jan-7-2014.html

I had a bit of spare time this morning so I've done some grepping on the HTML and have made a tab-delimited text list:

attachicon.gifnetflix_list.txt

I would have uploaded the Excel version I made but the forum doesn't allow .xls attachments.

EDIT: Some accented characters in foreign film titles are knackered. I'll clean them up if I get chance.

2nd EDIT: Excel version here:

https://wordsandpics.box.com/shared/static/ktgneopaca11ymz5dhd2.xls

Doesn't deserve to be at the bottom of the previous page.

Thanks a lot.

Well, I started watching it. It was occasionally amusing, but he's a constant dickhead.

Yeah he comes across as a mysoginistic prick a fair bit (although the sluts poem is AMAZING). He goes to some length to explain that it's just a stage persona in this one though.

Better Luck Tomorrow has recently been added to UK Netflix, or at least I've only just noticed it.

Pretty good film that's partly based on a true story. It's from Justin Lin director of Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift, Fast Five and 6. And you can tell this mainly because it has Sung Kang in it playing Han! Fucking HAN!