IGNORED

Netflix

Marlowe

It's pretty excellent. Even more so from the second series onward for Frank and Charlie antics.

I think I actually preferred it before DeVito made an entrance. Either way, it's excellent. Up there with Curb and Trailer Park Boys for me so far,

I'm obsessed with The Gang Buy a Boat, or whatever. And the one where they go all Extreme Makeover and make the little mexican girl a taco bed and get her brown pyjamas so she can be the meat. Also, can't really remember what the context was, but one episode where Frank and Dee are spying on some guy:

Dee: What exactly is it you're expecting to find here?

Frank: Lot of shady shit.

Dee: Like what?

Frank: Like maybe Bruce is banging dudes.

Dee: Why would that be shady?

Frank: Maybe the dudes are babies!

Dennis was the character I wasn't to fond of at first, but then became obsessed with. Such an absolute menace of a man.

Dennis: Think about it. She’s out in the middle of nowhere with some dude she barely knows. She looks around her, what does she see? Nothing but open ocean. “Oh, there’s nowhere for me to run, what am I gonna do, say no?”

Mac: Okay…that seems really dark though.

Dennis: No, no, it’s not dark. You’re misunderstanding me, bro.

Mac: I think I am.

Dennis:Yeah, you are. ‘Cause if the girl said no, then the answer obviously is no. The thing is that she’s not gonna say no, she’d never say no…because of the implication.

Mac: Now, you said that word “implication” a couple of times. What implication?

Dennis: The implication that things might go wrong for her if she refuses to sleep with me. Now, not that things are gonna go wrong for her, but she’s thinking that they will.

Mac: But it sounds like she doesn’t wanna have sex with you.

Dennis: Why aren’t you understanding this? She doesn’t know whether she wants to have sex with me, that’s not the issue.

Mac: Are you gonna hurt women?

Dennis: I’m not gonna hurt these women, why would I ever hurt these women? I feel like you’re not getting this at all.

Mac: I’m not getting it.

Dennis: Goddamn.

obviously - this is the reason for this thread - but lack of ability to really, properly, browse and discover stuff is getting on my tits.

My wife and the kids use Netflix more than I do - so all the recommended stuff I get and customised entry page is all based around shitty romcoms and kids programmes... I sat in front of Netflix yesterday looking to see what I could watch and after about 20 minutes just gave up and played Skyrim instead. They need to do something about that...

It's a shame that you can't set up subaccounts or something because due to all of the sci-fi and science documentaries the OH has been watching, my recommendations are an absolute mess :lol:

Been watching Boss going from recommendations here. It's good although a little derivative. Seems a lot of shows now have drugs addicts, and diseases, or perhaps it's because I've recently been watching Breaking Bad. Kelsey Grammar is excellent in it. After 5 minutes I forgot its the same guy who plays Frasier.

Been watching Boss going from recommendations here. It's good although a little derivative. Seems a lot of shows now have drugs addicts, and diseases, or perhaps it's because I've recently been watching Breaking Bad. Kelsey Grammar is excellent in it. After 5 minutes I forgot its the same guy who plays Frasier.

Jesus, Boss is amazing. I wanna say stuff but best to go in with no preconceptions whatsoever.

It's only available until the end of the week. Watch it and watch it now.

:D How many episodes did you watch to revise your opinion?

Started watching boss last night.

I am not at all surprised at the quality of Kelsey Grammer's acting; the guy is a legend and a real talent. It's no wonder he can do dark and brooding, given all the tragedy he's had in his life (his father shot and killed, his two half brothers killed in a shark attack, his sister kidnapped, raped and murdered...)

I doubt I'll manage to get the whole series watched before Friday, though :(

Just reading through and Boss sounds great - but it's gone now? Gutted.

Real shame about all that content disappearing, just as I have some time to sit down and watch some stuff too :(