IGNORED

Netflix

Marlowe

Really enjoyed Hinterland on Netflix (USA).

It's a fairly obvious attempt to copy the Scandinavian crime dramas that have done well recently. It's got zero originality and built from chiches and probably tropes if I knew what they were.

But it's so beautifully made. And the straightforward mysteries are well constructed and not so far-fetched as those in other shows.

After 4 feature length episodes I've learned sod all about the main character despite at least 25% of the running time being close-ups of his hang-dog face.

8/10 Will watch season 2.

Finished Bojack Horseman and loved it. Wasn't what I expected it to be. Was dark and depressing at times, but also funny.

Some highlights:

- The Navy Seal

- Mr Peanutbutter and Todd's business ventures

- Vincent Adultman

- The drug binge

- The David Boreanaz stuff

Any news on a second season yet?

I've actually seen it a few times, it has nice parts to it, cool scenery, Catherine Keener and Eddie Vedder, but I can't stand the earnestness and stupidity of Hirsch. I can also see why one would like it though. Fuck, I saw it in the cinema too. I've seen it at least 4 times!

I watched the first two episodes of Hinterland over the weekend and I thought it was really good. Very Scandinavian but that's not a bad thing. I found the soundtrack a little intrusive, it seemed like there was incidental music in every scene. Otherwise this is a good show.

That's the Welsh show originally out on BBC 4 isn't it? I thought about starting a thread on it at the time, the first episode in particular was really creepy.

The Walking Dead season 4 is on Us Netflix.

Yep, I was staring at it last night and sucking the air through my teeth like a concerned mechanic. Really not sure I want to get into it again after the tedium of series 2 and the highly uneven series 3.

In the very small off chance that anyone had been following Revolution and saw the second series was up, don't do it. It's compulsive but also utterly dreadful, never follows through on the series' promise.

Finished Bojack Horseman and loved it. Wasn't what I expected it to be. Was dark and depressing at times, but also funny.

Some highlights:

- The Navy Seal

- Mr Peanutbutter and Todd's business ventures

- Vincent Adultman

- The drug binge

- The David Boreanaz stuff

Any news on a second season yet?

Yeah I watched all of this too, some episodes were better than others, and I think they took the whole Asshole protagonist a bit far as around episode 10-12 I actually started disliking Bojack whereas before I was happy to go along with the ride. Enjoyable though, a cartoon Entourage with a washed up has-been and one or two fairly depressing sections.

Watched it tonight. Smashing film.

Yup, loved it.

Dom Hemmingway, (UK), is worth a watch, particularly if you enjoyed Filth. Be warned though, Emilia Clarke's (thankfully brief) singing scene is so bad you will cringe.

Also caught Escape Plan on one of the new unblock-us regions, Belgium I think. It was ok.