IGNORED

Netflix

Marlowe

I've really been enjoying season 1 of Life Below Zero 0 - could never find it on sky here and Joe Rogan also goes on about it - it doesn't feel like its setup for crazy antics, just follows several different people/couples who are living out in the middle of nowhere in Alaska, and trying to survive.

The young subsistence hunter guy (think its Eric) is clearly totally fucking mental, its amazing he got thru school without going postal.

I've really been enjoying season 1 of Life Below Zero 0 - could never find it on sky here and Joe Rogan also goes on about it - it doesn't feel like its setup for crazy antics, just follows several different people/couples who are living out in the middle of nowhere in Alaska, and trying to survive.

The young subsistence hunter guy (think its Eric) is clearly totally fucking mental, its amazing he got thru school without going postal.

What region is that on?

I watched the first hour of the Brian De Palma schlocker Passion last night. Rachel McAdams and Naomi Rapace are advertising people working in Berlin. Rachel McAdams steals one of Rapaces ideas and pretty much ruins her life. Then some fun stuff happens.

Reading the reviews of this it seemed to get a critical kicking but I quite liked it. It felt like De Palma tried to make an Argento style slasher crossed with a ridiculous erotic thriller. There are a lot of problems with it and it feels like it was made on a shoe-string budget. There are some German characters that talk with German accents and others with English accents – quite weird. And I don’t think there’s a single shot without an Apple product on screen.

The reason I only watched an hour was that for the last 30 minutes there is a lot of German dialogue. And I have subtitles forced off in unblock-us so the subs don’t come up for me. Even after enabling the subs they don’t come up. I think I’ll have to watch from the start for the subs to reset. Or maybe there are no subs and De Palma is just messing with my head.

There's a new Canadian horror series called Darknet that recently appeared on the UK service.

They are 6 half an hour episodes, each individual stories (an anthology basically) that are linked by a website where people can upload stuff like murders anonymously. It's surprisingly good, and although it has its share of blood, it doesn't rely on that to scare the audience. The first episode is from the director of Cube also.

There's a new Canadian horror series called Darknet that recently appeared on the UK service.

They are 6 half an hour episodes, each individual stories (an anthology basically) that are linked by a website where people can upload stuff like murders anonymously. It's surprisingly good, and although it has its share of blood, it doesn't rely on that to scare the audience. The first episode is from the director of Cube also.

Thanks for the clarification, the instant I saw the title I thought it'd be some cringe-worthy drama surrounding the darkweb, painfully earnest and full of factual errors.