IGNORED

Assetto Corsa

Dimahoo

2 hours ago, snowbind said:

So I have a wheel arriving on Tuesday and bought acc, should I also pick up the og AC? It was only a tenne for the ultimate edition. Will it give me more racing options?

Fuck yes.

ACC is a game based on a specific GT3 championship (with DLC for a couple more using identical cars and one for the same cars but slower).

AC is a game about everything with full mod support for EVERYTHING.

You want to stick 50 years of F1 cars on track for a track day? Go wild!  You want to recreate the classic TOCA 2? Do it! You want to have half of each on the track and sit back and watch the carnage? Do it! Take a LeMans prototype up Goodwood? Yes sir! Entire multiclass LeMans field? Yep. An entire grid of Ferraris from single seaters to an F40? Can do!

ACC is a wonderful sim of an excellent racing series, you will not regret buying it for a moment but AC, with the right free (and some paid) mods is the "Do just about anything you think of" racing sim.

2 hours ago, snowbind said:

Fantastic, this is actually what I needed to hear. I do want to race, but the sandbox appeals loads. 

Yeah PC my dude. 

Does AC have VR support? 

Yes, and it performs really well too.  BUT, all the menus and everything prior to the actual driving arent in VR and its a PITA to wade through that - but stick with it!  It's worth it.

15 hours ago, Valver said:

Yes, and it performs really well too.  BUT, all the menus and everything prior to the actual driving arent in VR and its a PITA to wade through that - but stick with it!  It's worth it.

This is why you get Content Manager.  You'll never see an in game AC menu again, set it up, hit go, boots straight to you in the pits/on the grid.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

This is why you get Content Manager.  You'll never see an in game AC menu again, set it up, hit go, boots straight to you in the pits/on the grid.

There is still a bit of bollocksing around though getting it configured.  Luckily 'the lads' were able to talk me through some of it last time out or if have had to spend hours I don't have working it out. Things like being suddenly blinded by insanely ott sunrays and stuff like that.@snowbindyou'll want a mouse and/or keyboard within reach while you're in VR, for some stuff. You don't need it while actually racing though. It's a lot easier if you get online with us to figure it out, in my experience at least. 

A whatnow? We have a discord voice chat on the rllmuk server if that's what you meant! If we get you in there someone who knows what they're doing will help out. Or even me, if everyone's busy. 

@davejm has a beta.simracing.gp group you can join too, it handles a lot of the admin for Thursday night fun/league races.

Racing Disc would be an excellent name for a steering wheel.

1 hour ago, milko said:

There is still a bit of bollocksing around though getting it configured.  Luckily 'the lads' were able to talk me through some of it last time out or if have had to spend hours I don't have working it out. Things like being suddenly blinded by insanely ott sunrays and stuff like that.@snowbindyou'll want a mouse and/or keyboard within reach while you're in VR, for some stuff. You don't need it while actually racing though. It's a lot easier if you get online with us to figure it out, in my experience at least. 

Fair.

Also, install Sol properly, problem solved with the sunrays :)

So long as it works now probably doesn't matter. It's only in my mind because for some reason I only installed Sol last night, in an attempt to avoid those massively over bright sun issues and fucked up, resulting in black skies until I realised what I'd done.

@snowbind did your wheel show up? I just did a few practice laps of Brands Hatch Indy in the Mini to check I had it all working (uh, kinda but the VR puts me just behind the driver's neck which is briefly alarming. I can fix this in ACC but I think AC has no tuning beyond 'reset VR'?). Man, it's hilarious! We need people to join this race, it's going to be a hoot.

23 hours ago, milko said:

@snowbind did your wheel show up? I just did a few practice laps of Brands Hatch Indy in the Mini to check I had it all working (uh, kinda but the VR puts me just behind the driver's neck which is briefly alarming. I can fix this in ACC but I think AC has no tuning beyond 'reset VR'?). Man, it's hilarious! We need people to join this race, it's going to be a hoot.

I downloaded it and tried it - not really feeling the car but maybe more fun if there are people to race against. I have a sore wrist right now (I think from last weeks racing) so I will see how I feel tomorrow and how busy I am with work and then will try to sign up.

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Finally went to forum favourite Bremgarten in Maserati 250 12 cyl last night.

In VR.

I don't think I was quick (2:55 or so?) but it was basically like going for the loveliest of country drives.

It's lovely in VR.  Try as it's getting dark, just as the circuit lights come on.  6pm ish?  Not sure if that's fast as we used the 6 cylinder version.