Assetto Corsa

Dimahoo

11 hours ago, davejm said:

It's lovely in VR.  Try as it's getting dark, just as the circuit lights come on.  6pm ish?  Not sure if that's fast as we used the 6 cylinder version.

It's not.

It doesn't matter.

9 minutes ago, Dudley said:

It's not.

It doesn't matter.

Of course it doesn't matter.  I just thought you posting the time with a question mark was you basically asking if it was quick, I assume in comparison to what we were doing before.

4 minutes ago, davejm said:

How was the mini racing?  Managed to scrape the minimum 4 registrants I see.  Looks like it was very close at the end?

It was great!

Only close because @SharkyOB got lonely way out in front so dropped back to tussle with @Valver & I. :) 

Great fun though and really highlights the need for smoothness and consistency. Looking forward to more eclectic car/track combos... Grand Tour 'Lochdown' inspired 60/70's American muscle cars maybe?

This guy uses Reshade to tweak the graphics in various racing titles (check his YT channel) and it looks insane in AC below. I use Reshade for SMAA, but had no idea you could get it to do stuff like this! No idea if my lowly GTX1050 can handle it though, probably not.

• 4 weeks later...

A nice new "free roam" island map has been released.  Union Island - it's a real island of St Vincent & the Grenadines. Located in the Caribbean sea

I'm getting really strong Test Drive vibes :wub:

Comes with three setups...

- Freeroam : 30+ km, 45 pits, no AI line, no cameras, no race start, one time gate in Ashton if you want to create your own lap
- Scenic : 17.5 km, 24 pits, AI line, Cameras, hotlap/race/weekend, physical bales
- West : 12.2 km, 24 pits, AI line, Cameras, hotlap/race/weekend, physical bales

image.png.b4113a9f1d860de62d0b46e2c2f4d869.png

And it even has a little "teaser trailer" with a backstory featuring some footage from MS Flight Sim for good measure:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/union-island.45276/

Edited by Valver
added some detail and pics

So who's up for a cruise around Union Island on Thursday evening?  :)

The server is up.  Can you try connecting please?  No cars loaded at the moment apart from one I picked at random for testing (Lotus Roadster).

image.png.efb74ed5898976b05d397aa353c6a23b.png

image.png.c4fea3c68a81a16c05ee7894c50a4657.png

Password is the usual.

If you're joining can you let me know some cars that I should add... if they're mod cars send me the mod download link and I can get it added.

I can add liveries too :)

Here is the Race Department download link for the track...

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/union-island.45276/

I can only do tonight and Thursday, alas. :(

Going to get it sorted tonight anyway, just in case.

As for cars - any convertible would be nice. But deffo the

image.png.e5dc641cf909c34a843ae4c855466d24.png

"AC fukkin' Kobrrra"

3 minutes ago, Meers said:

I can only do tonight and Thursday, alas. :(

Going to get it sorted tonight anyway, just in case.

As for cars - any convertible would be nice. At least the

image.png.e5dc641cf909c34a843ae4c855466d24.png

"AC fukkin' Kobrrra"

I meant Thursday 🤨 Post updated

So I hot-wired a Cobra, did a big smokey powerslide out of the car park, turned right and headed up the twisty mountain roads, and then down to the lighthouse.  Hated it :lol:

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.09.21 - 11.44.21.70.jpg

How old is this game - and yet it can still look lush  :wub:

At times it felt like I was playing Forza Horizon - except with decent car physics and VR.

edit: @davejm - server works fine, sir.  Good work!

18 minutes ago, Valver said:

So I hot-wired a Cobra, did a big smokey powerslide out of the car park, turned right and headed up the twisty mountain roads, and then down to the lighthouse.  Hated it :lol:

What did you hate, the track or the car?

AC even looks gorgeous on my GTX1050 mobile. And in 60fps too, mental.