IGNORED

Seinfeld - from the start

Dr Nookie

On 10/01/2017 at 10:49, Mentazm said:

This is still brilliant and endlessly watchable. I keep sticking on an episode when I just want to chill for twenty mins, it's great when you can't be arsed committing to anything longer. It's also ridiculously cheap and nineties looking in HD.

Yeah, it's really dangerous to any kind of productivity now it's on Amazon. I've got the lot on disc, but there's just enough hassle there to prevent me sucking Seinfelds down like Coca-Cola. Now all I need is my phone, and that's always there.

• 1 month later...

Been watching one of these most days, either in my lunch break or on my iPad before bed and am worried I've become addicted. I'm a little way past the halfway mark (S5E14) and it's just one stone cold classic after another. 

Jusy watched The Marine Biologist and George's recounting of his saving the whale, followed by the golf ball revelation and then Kramer's reaction is probably the biggest laugh of all the seasons so far. 

Season 5 is when it really hits its stride IMO. The plotting is so tight and the laughs that come about from the predicaments set the template for what what people remember the show for and also for what Curb did even better. All the characters feel like they are the best versions of themselves too, all despicable and self-righteous but so lovable and misguided. 

• 1 month later...

Decided to finally watch it for the first time. Watched the first 2 episodes and I think I love it already. Someone told me ages ago to skip to season 3 or 4 I think so I've been putting it off and off worried it wouldn't hold up. 

But yeah, really like it already!

On 1/12/2017 at 14:47, Mentazm said:

This is good if you haven't seen the show before, since it's a bit daunting. You can jump in anywhere because "it's about nothing"...

http://www.vulture.com/2015/06/every-seinfeld-episode-ranked.html

I seriously recommend following this list. I've watched 1-30 so far. Seen quite a few before though. My ex watched it a fair bit.

One of the things you realise once you've watched the lot is how many plot ideas crop up elsewhere. It might be coincidence I suppose, and I never keep track of it, but Friends and Sex and the City are two shows I've watched recently where they seem to have just copied a plot or 2. 

Frank Costanza saying 'and what the hell does that mean' to Elaine, always tickles me - probably just those safari suits he used to wear, as my grandad wore the same. 

But for real world, relatable humour, I think this is hard to beat.

its not even a funny haircut, yet it just kills me. Elaine's laughter is so believable I gues. 

The whole barber episode with Enzo is solid old.  

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I'm currently watching this from the beginning for the first time ever. Thanks to Amazon prime. It's so good and still funny now. On S3 at the moment but I think my highlight so far is Elaine laughing at the Pez dispenser. It killed me. And I'm hearing I have so much more greatness to come. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I've been watching this from the start on and off for about 18 months and am finally up to the last season. It really is fantastic. Proper belly laughs every single episode. If you've not watched it, it's worth the Amazon Prime sub.

I started from scratch recently as I like to watch a sitcom or adult animated series when weight training (I train in the bedroom four times a week).

I'm a few eps.from finishing and have loved it. Don't know how I missed it first time round.

Did start Curb Your Enthusiasm before that but it was pulled from Prime after watching just a few episodes. :facepalm:

The Latest (half) season of Arrested Development is next for me.