IGNORED

Sonic All Star Racing Transformed (2012)

moosegrinder

I wasn't going to get this any time soon because I sort of neglected the first one (my fault for getting it on the PS3 even though I'm not a fan of the controller for racing games) but I might just get this on 360 with all the extra stuff you've added. Looks great :)

I look at the above and my brain keeps telling me that Panzer Dragoon will be getting the JSR, NiGHTS treatment soon.

I really cannot wait to play the new S&S though, played the first to death with my son.

Me and the kids played a pre-release version at Games Britannia last weekend. It's looking pretty good. :)

My eldest has applied to do some game balancing at Sumo, which I guess could be related to this, but he's not heard back yet, so don't know if he's been successful.

I look at the above and my brain keeps telling me that Panzer Dragoon will be getting the JSR, NiGHTS treatment soon.

I really cannot wait to play the new S&S though, played the first to death with my son.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei HD would seriously make me wet.

Tracks - Panzer Dragoon, Super Monkey Ball, Golden Axe, NiGHT's and now Jet Set Radio.

Characters - Sonic, Eggman, Amy, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, BD Joe, Gilius Thunderhead, Beat, Joe Musashi, NiGHTS, Reala, Danica Patrick and now Wreck it Ralph.

There's tons still to come too, managed to sneak in some real fan IP's this time :P

---

S0L

---

You better put AT LEAST one of the following in:

- F1 car from Virtua Racing

- Unicorn from Daytona USA

- Lancia Stratos (probably not) from Sega Rally 2

Make it happen, S0L!

Those are cars not characters! See my list earlier in the thread on how to do it properly. They can sneak in the Flagman from Outrun though. And his breakdancing.

Me and the kids played a pre-release version at Games Britannia last weekend. It's looking pretty good. :)

My eldest has applied to do some game balancing at Sumo, which I guess could be related to this, but he's not heard back yet, so don't know if he's been successful.

We're about to contact anyone who was interested in the July/August balance sessions and we're due to likely do a third as its working out really well for everyone involved. So don't panic if you've heard nothing yet. What day did you do GB? I was there most of Sunday!

Is there any footage of the 3ds version?

Not yet, but coming soon, want to make sure it shines before we show it.

You better put AT LEAST one of the following in:

Make it happen, S0L!

Sadly this is a character based racer, that's not to say we don't have some vehicle type characters of course ;)

Those are cars not characters! See my list earlier in the thread on how to do it properly. They can sneak in the Flagman from Outrun though. And his breakdancing.

Yup, like he said, characters mostly, though I'm sure we'll surprise some folk yet with what we've managed to pull in.

Is there any chance at all of Hideki Naganuma doing the music for the JSR stage? Day one perch, if so.

Rich Jacques is on musical duties, taking classic SEGA tunes and remixing them for our dynamic music system. He is working with some of the original composers as part of this, but can't name names right now. Might have some Naganuma tracks in...

---

S0L

---

We're about to contact anyone who was interested in the July/August balance sessions and we're due to likely do a third as its working out really well for everyone involved. So don't panic if you've heard nothing yet. What day did you do GB? I was there most of Sunday!

Thanks. I'll let him know. :)

We were there on the Saturday. It was good fun. My twins kept pestering me for another go on the Transformed demo, so we were at the Sumo stand a few times, and my eldest spoke to one of your developers about what he needs to do to get into a games design role, which was helpful.

Yup, like he said, characters mostly, though I'm sure we'll surprise some folk yet with what we've managed to pull in.

Time for another guess-post/smug display of obscure sega knowledge? Count me in for that. I remember being mightily impressed that you managed to get the zombies from House Of The Dead EX and the Bonanza Bros in last time around. Right now for this release, I'm thinking:

Toejam and Earl (if they've managed to sort out the legal stuff out which stopped them getting in the last time round)

Axel and Blaze from Streets of Rage (Riding in the cop car from the first game, their special involving their cop buddy leaning out of one of the windows and firing his rocket launcher at the other racers, perhaps?)

All 3 of the main characters from Alien Storm

All 4 of the main characters from Sega's Gauntlet rip-off, Quartet

One, or more of the blobs from the Puyo Puyo series

The Hornet from Daytona USA

The bike rider from Hang-On (who, depending on which version you played, was either revealed to be a girl or a pipe-smoking old man)

One of the characters from Fighting Vipers

Space Harrier

That lazer-spewing satellite thingy from the obscure Missile-Command-alike, SDI

Not-Bruce Willis from Die Hard Arcade

Confirms/Denials/Small amounts of praise for my guesses? :eyebrows:

• 4 weeks later...

Just to be clear, that shows the AfterBurner course, Samba De Amigo one, Golden Axe one, Skies of Arcadia one and the space track is based on Starlight Carnival from Sonic Colours.

Not that we haven't considered Galaxy Force II of course, just that's not what you're seeing :P

I did say we'd managed to pull in some proper classics :)

If you get the limited edition, you get an OutRun track too!

---

S0L

---

Not sure yet, topic of some debate, plus it'll depend on which version. Bear in mind we're still not sure when the WiiU will ship and if there is anyway of getting DLC on it day one!

Others it's more likely, but again, I can't promise it...!

---

S0L

---

Not sure yet, topic of some debate, plus it'll depend on which version. Bear in mind we're still not sure when the WiiU will ship and if there is anyway of getting DLC on it day one!

Others it's more likely, but again, I can't promise it...!

---

S0L

---

Well, whoever's decision (yours, Sega or other?) it is tell them if you offer content that isn't available after the initial release that's an incredibly shitty thing to do.

Also, I've just looked on Shopto, Game and Amazon and none of those sites have the limited edition. Is it exclusive to someone or is it exclusive to a region?

I'm told it's not specific to a given retailer, I was pretty sure it was on Amazon, but now I can't find it...

It's not region specific (so far as we know) - I'll kick my contacts at SEGA and try and find out... Grrr. Fancy announcing something you can't buy :P

On the topic of if or not stuff will be available post release as DLC, it's just not locked down. As much as we or SEGA might want to do it, you still have to convince the platform holders, plus like I say, make sure there is a delivery method. As we've not finished making the game and I don't have all the answers to hand, I just don't want to promise it and then wind up looking like a tool down the line!

---

S0L

---

I'm told it's not specific to a given retailer, I was pretty sure it was on Amazon, but now I can't find it...

It's not region specific (so far as we know) - I'll kick my contacts at SEGA and try and find out... Grrr. Fancy announcing something you can't buy :P

On the topic of if or not stuff will be available post release as DLC, it's just not locked down. As much as we or SEGA might want to do it, you still have to convince the platform holders, plus like I say, make sure there is a delivery method. As we've not finished making the game and I don't have all the answers to hand, I just don't want to promise it and then wind up looking like a tool down the line!

---

S0L

---

I've pre-ordered it already anyway, seeing as Amazon are doing it for an amazingly wallet friendly £30.

Is there the chance it'll be like what EA do these days and the initial run is LE then everything after that is standard edition?