IGNORED

Festivals 2012 - any plans?

The Liberal Elite

Will be in the south of France when it's on so thinking of heading to Sonar solo. What's people's general experience of it and you reckon it'd be cool just going by myself? Was thinking of just booking into a guest house for the few days over it, that's what people normally do isn't it?

It'll be fine solo, people are generally very friendly and there's always enough on to not get bored. If you do the day stuff too it's right in the centre of the city so you can always go off for some sightseeing. I'll take a look later exactly where it is but I'd recommend getting a place close to where the night bus drops you off, Barcelona isnt the most pleasant place to wander around in the early hours alone.

Yeah that's what I'm figuring. Actually thinking of going to Gilles Peteson's Worldwide Festival in Sete instead, pretty cool lineup and looks more chilled and is way closer to where I'll be in France.

Ususal Great Escape mix of the awesome, the 'wha...' and up and coming newbies like Reverend & The Makers. Quite a few of the groups I'd really like to see have released pretty avarage new efforts (The British Expeditionary Force) or pretty dire new albums (Jonquil).

Finally got around to booking flights, apartment and tickets for Optimus Primavera last night. Happy happy.

Just booked the flights tonight, thanks to some amazing Scorecast winnings from the weekend of Cup Fitba.

:omg:

Tickets...eh...

Going for a hostel, cannae find apartments big enough for 10 of us unless it's split 3.4 ways.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm at Primavera this year. Just found out that Bjork has cancelled, fuck's sake.

I'm not going but even i'm gutted for the people going. I went last year and it was the tits. The location, the line up, the sun, the way spanish bars don't know what a measure is in a drink (I asked for a tequilla and they filled a glass), the instant trips in to Barca for food and things to do.

I'd like to go see Errors live again, they looked awfully bored last time I saw them. Maybe they can up their game.

Arent errors the band that sound like an exact copy of battles? I might be wrong. (I should just research this but i'm lazy)

Dimensions (the little sibling to Outlook Festival)

Bloc for sure, right on the doorstep and looking really special.

..aaand maybe Glade? but not if I have to pay to go. Nobody pays to go to Glade right? we're all 'part of a film crew/performance art act/hosting a tent or (my personal favourite) "a DJ".

Shit looks like my friend can't make Primavera Barcelona. Anyone know of anyone who wants ticket, or a good site to sell on apart from ebay? £95 for full ticket. I've heard about viagogo but never used them.

Hope you guys don't mind me posting in here, but I'm after two Download weekend tickets and was hoping that you'd point anyone in my direction that was looking to sell theirs. It's the first year they've sold out so I stupidly was waiting until I was paid at the end of this month. I've managed to get a hold of one 5 day ticket already, just need the other two now.

Ususal Great Escape mix of the awesome, the 'wha...' and up and coming newbies like Reverend & The Makers. Quite a few of the groups I'd really like to see have released pretty avarage new efforts (The British Expeditionary Force) or pretty dire new albums (Jonquil).

Finally got around to booking flights, apartment and tickets for Optimus Primavera last night. Happy happy.

That was my first time at Great Escape this year. I certainly enjoyed it but I think there's such a thing as too much choice. With 20 bands playing at the same time at some points it was all a bit overwhelming. I really enjoyed seeing a band called Kins who started at 4 in the morning in a dingy basement. Friends and Porcelain Raft were probably my favourite acts.

I got asked 4 times if I'm Nick Grimshaw. I may need to change my hair.

I did catch Godflesh last year though, and although they melted my fucking face off with their wall of noise, I'm gonna catch Wild Beasts for the girl. Because she's nice, and also so I can watch Sleep over the fucking XX, which would have been grounds for divorce.

Going to Primavera by myself since none of my friends are into the type of music I am. My first festival as well.

You're a braver man than me! Fair play. :)

Good to see so many going to Primavera. We're heading off there on Wednesday morning and staying until Monday afternoon.

Would be delighted to have beers with any/all of you. I've been the last eight years in a row so have found a few decent places around town for food and drink. PM me.

They seem to have split the Pitchfork area into that and the Vice stage, leaving the space behind Addidas devoid.

http://sanmiguelprimaverasound.es/psb/docs/map/mapaPS12.pdf

One reason for not thirsting after Prima Barca this year (barring a few that aren't at Porto) is the lineup not being as amazing as last year. Probably the best festival line up I'll ever see, unless someone manages to get Tom Waits to close something.

Thanks for the timetable. i would be up for meeting people over there. Anyone got any tips for little known bands to catch at primavera? I don't know many of the bands on Sat, particularly early in the evening.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Getting tickets to Bloc tonight. http://www.blocweekend.com/

Going to check the site out this weekend at the free festival going on - Paradise Gardens, created by many of the late night Shangri-La team from Glastonbury. It should be interesting to see what they've done, I'm hoping it will be awesome, with room to grow into something incredible. We'll see!