The Kickstarter Group Thread

michael

• 1 month later...

My copy of Clans of Caledonia arrived yesterday - hopefully get it to the table tomorrow night at our game group. 

In other delivery news it looks like Tao Long should be shipping soon as well. 

That just leaves Hardback (Feb), City of Kings (delayed to March because of shipping damage), Mint Delivery (March), Ravage (Feb) and Founders of Gloomhaven (Feb)

I think I need to make some shelf space soon !!!

• 4 weeks later...

Everything about that looks absolutely dreadful. I kind of hope that this will be CMON's least successful campaign to date, demonstrating that there's little appetite for such trash, but I suspect it'll do gangbusters, because miniatures.

• 2 weeks later...

Nemesis keeps turning up in my Facebook feed too so I assume they have a fairly aggressive digital marketing budget. I was turned off when I checked the comments and it seemed mostly to be weird guys railing against social warriors, asking for the female characters to wear skimpy clothes etc. Kinda weird I thought.

Am I right in thinking you can change a $1 pledge to a full pledge in the pledge manager after a Kickstarter has finished? Nemesis has me interested but I want to see if they are listening to the issues raised by it’s playtesters.

1 hour ago, Skeeez said:

Am I right in thinking you can change a $1 pledge to a full pledge in the pledge manager after a Kickstarter has finished? Nemesis has me interested but I want to see if they are listening to the issues raised by it’s playtesters.

Yes, you can upgrade to anything you like in Pledge Manager as long as you're in for at least £1/$1. Not sure if that's always the case but it definitely is with Nemesis.

There's only 5 hours left so you'd better hurry up! Also, if you can pledge a bit more it would help unlock the final Stretch Goals as it's pretty close in the closing hours.:omg:

This project has had a ton of stretch goals including an entire expansion box where backers have been able to vote on characters to be included. I'm in for the Core box, comic and Medic. Might go for Sundrop paint in the Pledge Manager later on.

not sure if it has been mentioned but as I was looking at Nemesis I clicke don other tabletop games (big mistake) and came across this which looks fun

shorter than zombicide and smaller to carry around(and cheaper) and decent designers I believe?

Anyway so that cost me a few quid!

Ends in 40 ish hrs

EDIt - the intro video to the kickstarter is rubbish - there are playthroughs and stuff around showing what the actual game is about.

43 minutes ago, Clipper said:

not sure if it has been mentioned but as I was looking at Nemesis I clicke don other tabletop games (big mistake) and came across this which looks fun

shorter than zombicide and smaller to carry around(and cheaper) and decent designers I believe?

Anyway so that cost me a few quid!

Ends in 40 ish hrs

EDIt - the intro video to the kickstarter is rubbish - there are playthroughs and stuff around showing what the actual game is about.

I've got TEQ and it's good fun...

but.

It's needlessly tiny.  To the point of being fiddly.  Things are wee for the sake of being wee.  I get what they're going for, big game experience in a wee box and they do a good job of it - but often I'm thinking 'could we just have a bigger box please'.

Also, TEQ riffs on Zelda extremely blatantly - but I think that actually does it a disservice, as it doesn't play anything like what you'd expect it to based on the art.  

So, I'll probably nto bother with any more TE games.

thanks for the responses my knoweldge of board games is tiny, I have a copy of Mice and Mystics and Zombicide which I play with my 6 yr old son... so just sort of building my interest.

Have also played at local boardgaming club and played a few others like terraforming mars etc.

I will leave my pledge as it is low price and looks to be a bit of fun and more portable, easier to setup.

I was originally impressed with what they managed to fit in ultra tiny epic kingdoms but in the end I sold it. 

A lot of games could shrink to the same size and still fit everything in the box and feel more fleshed out. Its another reason why I love Phil ecklund games, his boxes are tiny but have ridiculous game dept

So I went in on Nemesis after all. It was my first Kickstarter experience and I enjoyed it a lot. They got to £3,080,000+ in the end so all the stretch goals were unlocked. The devs were pretty generous with them I thought.

Now, just a year or so to go to find out if it's actually any good.

Quite tempted by the new edition of CO2:

I've always wanted one of the Lacerda/O'Toole games, absolutely beautiful strategy titles, but they come at a real premium and my collection is already full of four-player eurogames that don't see enough play. I'll be umming and ahhing over this for the whole length of the campaign.