IGNORED

The Kickstarter Group Thread

michael

Whoever's running the Nemesis Kickstarter is pushing hard with the adverts on Facebook and Instagram.

There's also a Boss Monster board game coming in June. I liked Boss Monster up until I suddenly didn't. Can't really explain it but I got rid of my copies.

I was also going to back Railroad Ink until I saw the shipping was as much as the game and ffffffffffuck that.

9 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Whoever's running the Nemesis Kickstarter is pushing hard with the adverts on Facebook and Instagram.

There's also a Boss Monster board game coming in June. I liked Boss Monster up until I suddenly didn't. Can't really explain it but I got rid of my copies.

I was also going to back Railroad Ink until I saw the shipping was as much as the game and ffffffffffuck that.

Shipping is now a big problem and UK customs have become a massive pain. I'm no longer backing anything that isn't a UK project as I'm not risking the high postage and tax.

I set myself a limit of KS for the calendar year and, allowing for forthcoming Hexplore Vol IV and the Serious Poulp offering, I've almost reached it already :o.    $26 taxes on Frosthaven should be sufficient motivation.    Still, got a couple of products - Philosophia and The Artefact which should be with me this month.

23 hours ago, jonnyalpha said:

Shipping is now a big problem and UK customs have become a massive pain. I'm no longer backing anything that isn't a UK project as I'm not risking the high postage and tax.

Yeah, and Brexit is going to hit super hard. :(

I recently late-pledged the zombicide Night of the living dead set - looks good but a bit worried about rumours that CMON are not doing well financially. Also no idea of import tax hmmmm.

And pledged for Tiny Epic Pirates because their games are so dinky and fun (and cheap!) - I don't recall tax issues with them before

Nemesis? I almost got it on initial kickstarter but it didn't give me a buzz. Zombiecide I love and I do look at mini heavy games but not many of them interest me especially as I mostly play solo (zombicide I play with my son regularly though).

1 hour ago, Clipper said:

I recently late-pledged the zombicide Night of the living dead set - looks good but a bit worried about rumours that CMON are not doing well financially. Also no idea of import tax hmmmm.

Didn't they just get loads of money for a Disney Marvel game? I can't believe they're not doing well financially, they're raking in money on KS almost all the time.

44 minutes ago, Clipper said:

They might be fine they maybe running ahead of themselves cashflow wise

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/45583/cmon-releases-more-info-going-concern-issue

they had trading suspended etc - might be nothing and gossip etc. I was only interested and googled once I had put my money down for the NotLD set :D

It's not gossip - 2019 accounts were delayed in mid April following going concern issues. A superficial Google doesn't reveak any update. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/07/2020 at 15:10, Soo Denim said:

Thought some of you might be interested in this. Just for the sake of clarity,  I’m involved in it!

Backed. Sounds great and have never played a RPG before. Sounds like the perfect intro for me and my son.

Backed this. Good price point for an indie rpg I think.

Initially I skim read the description and thought it was set in the 2000AD universe, which meant I wasn't interested (never having read/seen/etc. anything from that world*).

Good luck with the rest of the K.S.

*Apart from Slaine on the ZX Spectrum, which I didn't even realise was 2000AD related at the time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/07/2020 at 01:27, Mikes said:

I just backed the *&% out of this.

My problem with it is that there is no game designer and that the writer is only an after-thought mentioned towards the bottom of the campaign description and the description doesn’t have any obvious puzzle/interactive story  experience. Since that is approximately 100% of the meat of the game, I think that’s more than a little concerning.

Plus it’s a lot of money when it doesn’t really say how long it lasts for. It could easily be under 6 hours of play.

It also adds taxes and shipping on top. That added so much to my last KS purchase that I'll now only go for small box games or ones that are UK based projects. I've paid more on KS by the time tax and shipping was added than I would have done on retail prices a few months later. 

9 hours ago, Mikes said:

You really think it's expensive? Looks on par for a quality boardgame to me. Could just be the Australia Tax, though.

I think I usually pay around £5-15 per game for the board game escape rooms so for 12 episodes it's not bad but it's an unproven format.  

I'm hoping it does actually pay off and it will be good for a wide range of ages so I can play with my nieces.