rllmuk
michael

The Kickstarter Group Thread

Figures are great and it's relatively easy to pick up. It's a great game too, but I dunno if I could recommend you add it to the pile of shame. It has got a single player component though.

I was talking to my missus about the Zombicide kickstarter and we got into one of our pointless arguments about it, her saying that it's morally reprehensible to use Kickstarter as a glorified pre-order system for already established companies (I agreed) and that because there's so many backers the stretch goals aren't going to be unique or limited (which I don't as when this is over you won't be able to get them anywhere aside ebay). I decided to look for some of the original Zombicide kickstarter promo things on eBay and, well, have a look for yourselves. Look out for the Abomination pack and the promo characters.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/csc/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=%22zombicide%22&LH_PrefLoc=2&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

I agree with you both on point one and probably with P on point two. Over 6k backers right now means the Zombicide market will likely be saturated. You'll literally be looking for the odd purchaser at retail (likely to be limited) or those who can't afford £8 for the two extra figures. As I said on Twitter, £15-20 would be my guess in the run up to Christmas, but it's likely to be flooded then. Long term investment maybe? Not sure the game will have a lasting appeal like that with S3 already in the making.

I'm currently in on it, but have dropped from Raise The Dead because a) there's no stretch goals associated with it specifically and b) it'll be exactly what's at retail now. I'd hoped for an updated rule book, but they're being right lazy fucks and not even doing that despite running a reprint.

I've got enough pledged for all the optional survivors and one TCM tile pack right now. I'm going to bin the latter - I don't see why I'd ever need it for official scenarios - and probably ditch some survivors as well. Both Dakota and Adrianna are the kind of thing I be embarrassed to own and paint, while the work in progress of the Lea mould looked shite. To be honest, I'm not sure I like the movie lookalike thing anyway. Only Statham and Woody Harrelson really fit.

Anyway, yeah, it's been a fucking cynical KS campaign from the off and the lack of imagination behind it pretty awful. I've had buyers regret all month.

Figures are great and it's relatively easy to pick up. It's a great game too, but I dunno if I could recommend you add it to the pile of shame. It has got a single player component though.

Thanks. I mentioned it to the wife and she is interested. I think the theme is easier to get behind than some of the other stuff I have.

Gah. Cancelled my Zombicide 2 pledge thinking I'd just go and buy the first game, but it's sold out pretty much everywhere except one place I don't want to deal with who have it for £70.

So, I may go into the KS campaign at the base level after all, getting just Prison Outbreak and all the free extras for just £85.

3 weeks ago the Mobile Frame Zero chap updates to say he has everything, but can't ship until all the orders are in for the extras. I post to ask why he can't just send mine, as I didn't have any extras, but apparently that'll blow his shipping costs.

A week or so later he posts prompting everyone to get their surveys down.

Now he's posted saying actually, you know what, despite selling some of the stock he has at expos and the initial costs included, the fact that he's gone massively over time on pulling it together means shipping costs have gone up and he can't afford to get them all out. He's setting up a donation page to see if people can chip an extra $1500 together so he can get the $82,000 of goods he's been given money for out of the door.

It's fair to say I'm kind of pissed off with him right now.

And after saying I'm pissed off and asking if he could confirm the amounts he needs, he tells me he can't. He literally has no idea. Oh, except for all the stock he clearly has ready for retail.

Basically, neither this guy nor whomever he is using to ship them has a fucking clue. I'm taking him up on his kind offer of refunding me and I'll put it towards Zombicide.

And after saying I'm pissed off and asking if he could confirm the amounts he needs, he tells me he can't. He literally has no idea. Oh, except for all the stock he clearly has ready for retail.

Basically, neither this guy nor whomever he is using to ship them has a fucking clue. I'm taking him up on his kind offer of refunding me and I'll put it towards Zombicide.

Good on you, the guy sounds like a cunt. Kickstarter need to start taking responsibility for shit like this. There needs to be some kind of guidelines or something.

Well, they're supposed to be outline risks but I'm kind of happy with the fact that I take on an element of risk. Joshua (the MF0 chap) has just been uniformly shite though. Big gaps between updates, 'almost there' messages lasting months and then a stance that says "I only want happy backers so here's a refund" missing the entire fucking point. He's contet having unhappy ex-backers.

Apparently he wasn't bein flippant, he's just busy as well. Yeah - busy flying around America, attending conferences and selling stock - all on the back of mine and other's investments while claiming he's $4000 short on shipping but wait it may be more please give generously.

Cunt doesn't cover it.

So, Zombicide season 2. I'm definitely in at the $100 level, which gets Prison Outbreak and everything on the left of this page:

http://www.cmon.com/zombicide2/

Adding shipping on, that's around £85, with additional miniatures yet to be added to the list following recent stretch goals getting hit.

I'm torn. I'm tempted to get the 8 optional non-guest artist survivors from the right. I don't actually give a shit about them - some of them I hate - but I figure at a cost of £7 per pair I may be able to make a decent turn on them via eBay. Even at £15 a pop, it'd bring the overall cost to about £20, and that assumes i keep the free kickstarter exclusives. That doesn't seem like a wildly optimistic amount really.

On the flip side, I'm tempted to get the TCM add-on, but that costs £40 itself including shipping, which is about what I reckon it'd cost when it comes to the shops here. Hmm.

Thoughts?

You won't need the expansion for the amount you'll play it. The extras is a gamble because I'll put bollocks on most people thinking the same. Could work out though.

• Upvote 1

You're right of course. I've added just two optionals - Shaun Of The Dead and Lea, the girl from Zombieland - as they're the only two I want which I think fit. I reckon the exclusives that come for free will be more rare than the paid optionals looking at it.

The TCM pack is weird - the mall tiles are a bit pants, really, but I think I fancy the toxic minis. Not like I need to make the game any harder mind!

I'm so conflicted about Zombicide (II). Having not played the first, I am interested (possibly in the pledge that includes Zombicide original - but that's clocking in at near £200. Ruddy hell. Very very tempted, but ... £200.

Is this different enough from City of Horror (which I have) to make the purchase justifiable.

I haven't played City but from everything I've read they pretty much only share a theme. Probably worth watching some videos.

Don't bother with Raise The Dead. A restock of Season 1 is due at the end of April so of you really want all 3 boxes - and you probably don't need them - you can pick it up then and stagger the payments. There are no different stretch goals in this campaign, so you won't miss anything.

I'm in at the basic Inmate level and have only added $40 of optional survivors to it. I might cave and up the pledge yet, not sure.

I'm in at a similar lever for Zombicide 2 .. Inmate with $20 worth of extras, buts that's definitely getting upped... Want the Snake Pliskin figure for a start.

It's a bit odd how they don't really have any additional incentives for picking up the Mall Expansion at the same time. As things stand it just makes more sense waiting for retail release... But it's a big relief to see there's no chance of being stung on import duty for this one (being distributed within UK).

My wife has pledged at inmate level for my anniversary present :)

Edit: and she tells me that some of her friends are interested in playing. Though weirdly they hadn't heard of zombicide before despite being board game players. Makes me wonder if these big kickstarters have much retail presence.

Looks like we'll be getting Snake for free. I'm getting Fred, Lea and the moustache pack. The rest of the optional survivors vary between shit (Dakota, Adrianna) and a bit pointless.

Agreed on the TCM expansion. Other than worrying about a lack of availability at retail there's no point grabbing it now. And that's without thinking too hard about how it fits with PO thematically.

My wife has pledged at inmate level for my anniversary present :)

Edit: and she tells me that some of her friends are interested in playing. Though weirdly they hadn't heard of zombicide before despite being board game players. Makes me wonder if these big kickstarters have much retail presence.

I remember an interview a while back saying a "big" game will sell 5-10k units. When a game gets 8,000 backers on KS that's gotta pretty much kill the retail demand and support for it I guess.

Looks like we'll be getting Snake for free. I'm getting Fred, Lea and the moustache pack. The rest of the optional survivors vary between shit (Dakota, Adrianna) and a bit pointless.

Yeah Snakes looking like it will make the 2 million stretch by tonight.. I doubt the Moustache pack is going to be the last optional extra either. Its getting hard to resist just piling more money into this. Its already had to replace the 3DS I had on pre-order (figured I'd never use it)

I'm still looking at the $150 Zombicide set (+$35 shipping), which makes it £121 according to XE.com. That's a lot of fucking money. A LOT. I can't justify that. SO WHY AM I STILL LOOKING?!

I'm not telling you where I'm at now. Fucking nerd OCD and fear of missing out combine to make me eat baked beans.