Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

A couple of bits that have appeared; Kojima's confirmed that the person getting their guts mangled in the extended trailer is

Paz

and the package that gets pulled out of them is

a bomb! dun dun DUN!

Also I've watched that extended trailer like twenty times and the bit where it all but shows Snake

straight up murder Chico and a bunch of other kids

is pretty fucking chilling.

Sure I already posted this but maybe it was in the next gen graphics thread. Kojima has said in an interview that the devkit which the E3 demo (and assumedly the redband) trailer was running on was scaled to current gen platforms and that the PS3 and 360 versions should look like that trailer, with the PS4 and Bone versions looking even better :blink:

Sure I already posted this but maybe it was in the next gen graphics thread. Kojima has said in an interview that the devkit which the E3 demo (and assumedly the redband) trailer was running on was scaled to current gen platforms and that the PS3 and 360 versions should look like that trailer, with the PS4 and Bone versions looking even better :blink:

F**K!

I'd like to believe that but why would MS have shown it as an Xbone game if it was running on a 360?

Well, aside from the obvious answer (they're totally incompetent fucktards), I assume that the boon for them was having the game and Kojima on stage to announce that it will be coming to the Bone. The trailer looked good, but no better than the previous trailers to my eyes, all of which were released before it had been announced it was even coming to next gen machines.

I'd guess that the stuff we've seen is from a PC which is "targeted" at being the spec of current machines. As they often do, the developers like to use a slightly more powerful piece of hardware for their trailers and demos to make it look shiny. If I had to put cash on it I'd guess the PS360 versions will look a bit worse than what we've seen and the PS4/Bone versions will look a bit better, or possibly the Bone version will look a bit better and the PS4 version will look a lot better, depending on how wide the performance gap between the machines turns out to be and how well the Fox engine scales to those platforms to show the difference.

If Kojima wants people to believe that a game with graphics and effects that good will be running on a current gen box smoothly, I'd have to conclude he might be a bit disingenuous with that statement. The 720p60fps trailer has stuff beyond what even the latest late gen released games are managing to pull out of the PS3/X360, just compare that to stuff like The Last of Us, which isn't even openworld either, it looks too good to me to believe that is what you'll actually be able to play on a PS3/X360 when the game actually has to run on those machines for real. Happy to be proven wrong by the KojiPro Gods, but I ain't expecting it. As a demo for what to expect from the PS4/X1 release, very tasty.

See, the trailer for this game looks incredible, *but* I've always found the MGS universe / story impenetrable. It's going to make no sense to me at all if I start MGS from here, is it?

I'd definitely play Snake Eater, Portable Ops and Peace Walker. Or just read up on their plots.

His relationship with The Boss (Snake Eater), Jonathan (Portable Ops) and the whole Peace Walker operation defines who The Boss is.

I've been reading up on all the previous Metal Gears, and I'm insanely pumped for this. Just playing through Guns of the Patriots now.

If Kojima wants people to believe that a game with graphics and effects that good will be running on a current gen box smoothly, I'd have to conclude he might be a bit disingenuous with that statement. The 720p60fps trailer has stuff beyond what even the latest late gen released games are managing to pull out of the PS3/X360, just compare that to stuff like The Last of Us, which isn't even openworld either, it looks too good to me to believe that is what you'll actually be able to play on a PS3/X360 when the game actually has to run on those machines for real. Happy to be proven wrong by the KojiPro Gods, but I ain't expecting it. As a demo for what to expect from the PS4/X1 release, very tasty.

I have to say, MGS games are generally the most insanely beautiful things on their respective systems.

OH GOD OH GOD

http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/81421/The+Mysterious+Mr.+Kojima/

"Kojima explained that he was actually in the process of searching out a studio he could task with adapting the first game to the Fox Engine. He noted that some of the mechanics would need updating, but apparently he's keen on a second remake following Silicon Knights' Gamecube adapation Twin Snakes and HD releases of the original game."

:omg: