Crimson Dragon (formerly Project Draco) XBLA/Kinect Panzer Dragoon

MDY

Crimson Dragon is the new name for Project Draco - the Panzer Dragoon style Kinect shooter (developed by several ex-Panzer staff, in particular project lead/former Team Andromeda Head

Yukio Futatsugi and Saga/Orta composer

Saori Kobayashi) coming to XBLA later this year..

New shots and videos from a recent press event...

There will be six different playable dragons in the game, seven 'worlds' to fly though, 100 skills to develop and three players can play co-operatively..

The first three dragons announced are:

Blood Skin: - The Crimson Dragon of the title - balanced stats..

ho7es.jpg

Dark Shoulder: The slower, tougher 'tank' dragon

uP4Gj.jpg

Snow Wing: A dragon which is more effective at using skills..

WAiOP.jpg

O26oI.jpg

MI7T2.jpg

iQkVn.jpg

J9cLH.jpg

Fucking Kinect.

Tbh, I think it's pretty sad to see MS shoehorning it in just about every conceivable title that's coming out on the Xbox360 these days. Fable Kinect? Check. Mass Effect Kinect? Check. Double Fine doing Kinect? Check. Rare doing Kinect? Check. etc, etc... It's the American businessmodel I'm afraid.

Wasn't there a thread for this already?

Also, it's a shame this is a Kinect game. I'd love to see a proper new Panzer Dragoon game.

Oh God yes, a Panzer Dragoon game that follows on from Zwei would be lovely. Why won't Sega re-release them on XBLA? Or did they suffer the same fate as Panzer Dragoon Saga? <_<

• 2 months later...

Nope, this is resolutely motion control only, which is going to doom it, shame, looks bloody great!

What a waste. I'll still bite because I love Panzer Dragoon, but it's a crying shame it has to be played with what is fundamentally flawed hardware. It still annoys me that we're not seeing more articles on how broken Kinect is..

Tempted to get Kinect to play this, really. Never used kinect outside of awkward shuffling past the GAME in store telly, maybe waving one meek hand to bat a ball or something. The only Panzer Dragoon game I ever played was Orta. And I guess the first one, since it was included. Loved it though.

I'll only pick this up cheap. On rails and Kinect = Party game. Maybe if there's some Kinectimals dragon nurturing I'll be more inclined. Eg hold your body in the squatting position for fifteen minutes to incubate dragon eggs. ;)

I really enjoyed Child Of Eden, as a beautiful piece of interactive art it was great but as an actual game I could get lost in - no. Going to feel the same with this I reckon. No controller feels more interacting rather than the feeling of fully controlling.

Kinects a non starter for most games in its current form. For example I played Recon sat on the couch, then I need to stand BEHIND the couch to use the motion controls. :(

Kinects a non starter for most games in its current form. For example I played Recon sat on the couch, then I need to stand BEHIND the couch to use the motion controls. :(

I think it's safe to say that the preferred way of playing games on this forum is: sitting on a comfy couch > sitting behind a desk > standing behind a comfy couch

Could they not patch traditional controls in at a later date? Didn't factor 5 do that with their own dragon game?

Yes, it was Lair.

I can't believe that there is no controller option, it surely will restrict the number of sales of what is already going to be a fairly niche title.