IGNORED

Good new horror films

squirtle

You must have to watch a lot of crap anyway. I kinda admire anyone passionate (or mad) enough to do that because I know I just give in if I see nothing redeeming in a film after ten or fifteen minutes.

It makes me appreciate the good just that much more.

Has anyone seen Jacobs Ladder? I looks interesting and it seems like a horror/psychological thriller type thing. May watch it later.

Jacob's Ladder is excellent so you're in for a treat.

Not new by any means, but the other night I was watching some of the Hammer House of Horror TV specials they did from the 80s, and The House That Bled to Death was absolutely fantastic - well worth checking out.

I got hold of Shirome tonight. It's by the same guy who did Noroi, so I'm looking forward to it. I want to see his other one as well, Occult, but can't find it anywhere.

If you get hold of Occult could you let me know because I really enjoyed Noroi too and would love to see more :)

The Pact looks quite good, I'm on it tonight:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2040560/

I watched that yesterday, and after seeing parts of the trailer over the last few days I was looking forward to it. The word 'shit' is used so many times in the opening five or ten minutes, and it is like they are trying to tell you something - it was absolute SHIT!

If you get hold of Occult could you let me know because I really enjoyed Noroi too and would love to see more smile.png

Apparently it is also known as 'The Unidentified', and is on Youtube under that name in 11 parts.

If you get hold of Occult could you let me know because I really enjoyed Noroi too and would love to see more smile.png

For your sexy avatar, anything.

Apparently it is also known as 'The Unidentified', and is on Youtube under that name in 11 parts.

You star!

Would you guys consider The Skin I Live In to be a horror? Thought it was absolutley fantastic, the less you know the better. Its quite fucked up.

It's a tricky one that one. I'd probably call it a 'gothic thriller' rather than a horror. The implications are horrific sure, but there's very little blood, no scares to speak of, no supernatural element, no terror.

I imagine just about everybody has seen it by now, but I got around to watching Let the Right One In (not the American remake, which I have been informed is inferior) a few days ago, and found it great. Certainly not a traditional horror, but an excellent film with horror elements.

Well thanks to this thread I just watched The Occult (or Unidentified). Quality film. The unravelling of the clues, the pacing and the way all it all tied together kept me glued. And the ending . . . I thought it was hilarious and I think that was the point.

Will have to check out noroi now.

edit: It seems like that's on youtube too and in one part :)

Just watched Martyrs. Starts off well, then from the 15 years later part it just turns into a load of nonsense. Not really disturbing after that either. Shame, as the first part creeped me out a bit.

No no no no no no. Best horror film of the last ten years.

Well thanks to this thread I just watched The Occult (or Unidentified). Quality film. The unravelling of the clues, the pacing and the way all it all tied together kept me glued. And the ending . . . I thought it was hilarious and I think that was the point.

Will have to check out noroi now.

edit: It seems like that's on youtube too and in one part :)

Fuck, this is scary.

No no no no no no. Best horror film of the last ten years.

Well I was really up for it and just found it disappointing. The story was beyond stupid, but I was prepared to forgive it that, if it were scary. Trouble is, it wasn't. And the denoument was terrible. Sorry!

Watched Shirome last night. It started well but there wasn't enough character development to feel any sort of fear for the idols' safety imo :( Pretty well shot though, and there were some creepy moments in there.

I seem to remember Paranormal Activity - Tokyo night being a decent spin off from the PA series if anyone's not heard of it... Also, Is there any other way to watch Occult (Unidentified) other than on Youtube? Or is there a way to queue videos on YT so you're not having to load a new clip every 10 minutes? Ta

Kill List. Didn't think much to this. Just didn't make any sense and the ending just seemed there as some kind of rubbish shock thing.

Anyone seen Evidence? Another found footage film. Starts off as one thing and ends completely differently. I really enjoyed it due to the unusual turn of events it took.

If Innkeepers hasn't already been mentioned (and I'm sure it has) then Innkeepers.

Ty West is the most interesting genre director around at the moment and Innkeepers is just wonderful. Maybe not quite as good as House Of The Devil, which was a pretty high bar to aim for, but still lovingly old-school in its slow build up and creeping tension. Spending time on character development really pays off..